Options

Youtubes for the uninitiated

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I'm taking my niece to the June 22nd DC show. I'm going to email to her youtubes of songs so that she gets in the mood. I just emailed to her GTF from the TouringBand2000. I'll also give her copies of Philly 05 and Milan 06 bootlegs to add greatness to the mix, and remind her to practice her guitar.

Any youtubes you would recommend?

I thought I posted this question before, and if it was deleted, then I know not to ask it again. It's possible I deleted my question before I posted it, and that's why I'm posting it again (or for the first time).
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Alive

this is a good one to start with-

clikc on " more from user " and theres alot of other pearl jam on my page.

enjoy the upcoming show(s) .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    vluggagevluggage Posts: 69
    "I think I kinda want it."
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Just wondering: I can excess the links on you tube, but I am not getting any volume or sound on the you tube site for some reason? Is this happening to anyone else? I haven't been able to acess sound on the site for about a week.

It's not my speakers cause I can get my zune and rhapsody player to work as well as other websites.

Just trying to make sure it's a youtube site problem. All help is appreciated.

Thanks all. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Great! Thank you. I'll send one per day, so if there are any other suggestions just keep them coming.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    anything unplugged, especially my fave

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=CoG897LvAAI

black. my god, thats my favorite performance
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    red mos wrote:
    Just wondering: I can excess the links on you tube, but I am not getting any volume or sound on the you tube site for some reason? Is this happening to anyone else? I haven't been able to acess sound on the site for about a week.

It's not my speakers cause I can get my zune and rhapsody player to work as well as other websites.

Just trying to make sure it's a youtube site problem. All help is appreciated.

Thanks all. :)

that happened to me, check the volume on the actual video, it was muted for me for some reason :p
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    that happened to me, check the volume on the actual video, it was muted for me for some reason :p

Thank you!! That was the problem. That is so weird that all the volumes would be muted on the videos. Thank you for your help. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Are there videos off the top of your head of the bandmembers skateboarding? She likes to skateboard, and if she thinks there's a connection she may be even more interested in the concert.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Are there videos off the top of your head of the bandmembers skateboarding? She likes to skateboard, and if she thinks there's a connection she may be even more interested in the concert.

In the special bonus features section:
    i know the live at msg dvd contains a few shots of the bandmembers backstage doing everything from bicycling, skateboarding and playing ping pong.
    I think its all those yesterdays
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    In the special bonus features section:
    i know the live at msg dvd contains a few shots of the bandmembers backstage doing everything from bicycling, skateboarding and playing ping pong.
    I think its all those yesterdays
    ohmygawd! I have that! I should have had a V8. I'll give it to her along with the bootlegs. Thanks for reminding me :)
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

in the italian dvd there is a section where Jeff skates in a skate park, talks about where he gets his decks from......
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Maybe too far afield, but the DVD doco Dogtown and Z-Boys is great for anyone into skateboarding/surfing, and Jeff has a few way too brief interview segments in there.

Also, this is a link for a great skateboarding interview (print) Jeff did with Jeff Ho from Juice Magazine.

http://www.juicemagazine.com/PEARLJAM.html

You are a great aunt! Have a wonderful time at the show!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    see my sig :)
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"