Options

I still remember, why don't you?

memememe Posts: 4,693
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I am 36 years old, I do have a life, a great family, and all in all my priorities are not too screwed up,
But... I love Pearl Jam.

We are making plans for the summer, and I keep holding back. Why? The plans would take us across the ocean precisely when multiple rumors indicate my favorite band finally playing where I live (I didn't move to NYC to increase my chances of seeing pearl jam. Okay, maybe that was a tiny factor :D).

So the point is... you guys in the band, you guys working for the band... remember what it was like to do these crazy things?

Any chance we might get something (from a human, not from a birdie)? Something like: "we are working on putting together a summer tour... tentatively placing us on the east coast around this time, on the west coast around this other... Remeber the "early rejoicing" of Europeans? It didn't pan out and people understood.

I apologize in advance for the flood of threads against "all the whining" this relatively harmless thread will set in motion ;)
... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think its a simple request.....I am "holding back" on committing to any plans for the summer as well.

Im not sure if Im just being optimistic or its wishful thinking but Im gonna wait a little while longer. Did the same thing last year and was able to go to Wembley....(on fathers day weekend..good thing my dad and hubby are understanding)

Actually...I think you may have been one of the people who helped me out with the last minute ticket fiasco????

One lesson I have definately learned.....AS SOON AS YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP.....they'll announce the tour ;)

It's already happened to me this year....BE STRONG :D
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    One of the most reasonable and rationale posts I have seen on these boards...even if it doesn't pan out, it would be fantastic to get confirmation that they are putting something together (or simply "nope, sorry we're not - go ahead and spend some $$$ on a family trip to Branson, Missouri")
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    meme wrote:
    Any chance we might get something (from a human, not from a birdie)?

No. Someone in this band's management has decided since 2006 that its fun to drag fans along. It leads to people making impulsive decisions, which in turn results in more money/ticket sales. The days of straightforward information, like a full list of tour dates for the year, are long over. Its unfortunate, because as the fanbase gets older, we have other obligations, and planning becomes more difficult. Unfortunately, the band has abandoned the travelling fanbase, the people who made the band what they are, and is now catering more to drawing as many fans as possible from the city they ae playing.

Just a shame.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    meme wrote:
    I am 36 years old, I do have a life, a great family, and all in all my priorities are not too screwed up,
    But... I love Pearl Jam.

We are making plans for the summer, and I keep holding back. Why? The plans would take us across the ocean precisely when multiple rumors indicate my favorite band finally playing where I live (I didn't move to NYC to increase my chances of seeing pearl jam. Okay, maybe that was a tiny factor :D).

So the point is... you guys in the band, you guys working for the band... remember what it was like to do these crazy things?

Any chance we might get something (from a human, not from a birdie)? Something like: "we are working on putting together a summer tour... tentatively placing us on the east coast around this time, on the west coast around this other... Remeber the "early rejoicing" of Europeans? It didn't pan out and people understood.

I apologize in advance for the flood of threads against "all the whining" this relatively harmless thread will set in motion ;)
    Great post! Could not have said it better myself!

I'm in the same boat...I am hedging on Bonnaroo and I am supposed to go to Costa Rica sometime this summer or fall. I would love to know if they are going to be playing somewhere else besides Manchester so I could commit to that.

Oh well, the life of a Pearl Jam fanatic....Hopefully we'll get something in the near future.
  • Options
    Great post, meme and I totally agree. I called my Gram last night and she asked if I booked my holidays for the summer yet and was I planning on coming home for them.. I said well I am but I am just holding out on planning my holiday for a bit :p I didn't tell her why .... :D
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    That's a lot of unexpected sympathy :)

"Dedication, naive and true..."
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,297
    not me i've moved on with all my plans for a fun summer be it with PJ touring or not i owe my family that ,no more waiting to see when something get's announced i'm planning everything as if PJ is not part of my life i'm just done ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Nicely said and completely agree. I'd be perfectly fine with a -there will be no Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder shows this spring /summer other than what has been announced.
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    No. Someone in this band's management has decided since 2006 that its fun to drag fans along. It leads to people making impulsive decisions, which in turn results in more money/ticket sales. The days of straightforward information, like a full list of tour dates for the year, are long over. Its unfortunate, because as the fanbase gets older, we have other obligations, and planning becomes more difficult. Unfortunately, the band has abandoned the travelling fanbase, the people who made the band what they are, and is now catering more to drawing as many fans as possible from the city they ae playing.

Just a shame.

yeah, i'm sure that's why they do it. "y'know, if we wait until the last minute to announce the tour, our yuppie fans will freak out and spend crazy money to buy up the tickets, which we have SUCH a hard time selling otherwise."

it couldn't have anything to do with the complicated process of booking venues, logistics, legal and financial coordination, the band members' individual obligations...
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    it couldn't have anything to do with the complicated process of booking venues, logistics, legal and financial coordination, the band members' individual obligations...

so these issues didnt exist from 1993-2005?
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i sound like an old bat whittling on a porch i'm sure, but damn i miss the days of the full list of tour dates and the money order business.

it's an interesting juxtaposition with this band....on one hand ed comments on how he sees the same people in the front, yet stone thinks fans only travel like 25 miles to see them. maybe they forgot what a bunch of freaks they got loving them haha

i'd love to get some concrete news for sure. i'm going ahead with my plans though, and hoping it all works out. if not, c'est la vie!