Options

Save it for later

Louis KnoxLouis Knox Posts: 25
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Is this tag a cover? I just heard a song on jack fm and I think its the same song ed tags. If it is, who wrote it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    the beat

Damn you... you BEAT me too it
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,547
    Louis Knox wrote:
    Is this tag a cover? I just heard a song on jack fm and I think its the same song ed tags. If it is, who wrote it?

One of their best tags, IMHO. That and "It's OK" (Jones Beach esp.).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    THE ENGLISH BEAT! i saw them in 1983 at the us festival. they have alot of great songs. i highly recommend "special beat service".
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    san pedro wrote:
    THE ENGLISH BEAT! i saw them in 1983 at the us festival. they have alot of great songs. i highly recommend "special beat service".

Ah, I only got to see General Public, never the beat. I'm tempted to check out the current English Beat, but I think it's just Dave Wakeling and none of the other original members.

Daves a So Cal guy, I keep wondering if one of these times through Eddie will invite him up to do the SIFL tag.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    merkinball wrote:
    Ah, I only got to see General Public, never the beat. I'm tempted to check out the current English Beat, but I think it's just Dave Wakeling and none of the other original members.

Daves a So Cal guy, I keep wondering if one of these times through Eddie will invite him up to do the SIFL tag.

i saw dave play in a bar in santa monica several years back...it was fun :)
  • Options
    loooove this

stoked to hear it Adelaide 21/11/06
    wah
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    cutback wrote:
    i saw dave play in a bar in santa monica several years back...it was fun :)

Yeah, it's probably worth seeing him again. Can't be more than $20, and they always play my favorite venue (the Belly Up in Solana Beach).
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    when i worked at godiva they had this song on the cd they play in the store by the english beat. i thought it was way awesome and probably the closest i'd get to hearing pearl jam in the store. that is.. until they had hide your love away by ed!!! i just had to stop working and dance around the store! luckily we had no customers :D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    MansMans Posts: 57
    Pete Townshend (sp?) also covered it.
    It's On The Inside And I Can't Get It Off.