Options

Ed WWS Intro...

NeverNamed068NeverNamed068 Posts: 118
edited December 2007 in The Porch
This has been bugging me for a while, I've been wanting to play this song with my band, and just picking Ed's intro doesn't do the justice.

I seen him use a mystery object various times. It appears to be a ball shaped object. I will now refer to Youtube:

Here we can see the ball shaped object used by Eddie his intro part:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y0yZpmKw6s

I have almost no idea what it is he is using, so any help would be appreciated.
"I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    haha it looks like a hacky sac.

looks like some sort of an ebow though
  • Options
    Ok guess I was wrong, it's an ebow !
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    haha it looks like a hacky sac.

looks like some sort of an ebow though

I thought it was a hacky sac at first too!

But, ya. It must be an Ebow. And that company must get half of their sales from Eddie because he always throws it when he's done using it. :P
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I thought it was a hacky sac at first too!

But, ya. It must be an Ebow. And that company must get half of their sales from Eddie because he always throws it when he's done using it. :P

that must be why every where i go theyre on fucking back order!
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    NeverNamed068, you should watch Single Video Theory - Ed and Stone have a discussion about using the ebow.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i'd say that intro/riff's been kickin around since 2000 tour at least, can hear it during the middle sections of rvm on various boots
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    This has been bugging me for a while, I've been wanting to play this song with my band, and just picking Ed's intro doesn't do the justice.

I seen him use a mystery object various times. It appears to be a ball shaped object. I will now refer to Youtube:

Here we can see the ball shaped object used by Eddie his intro part:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y0yZpmKw6s

I have almost no idea what it is he is using, so any help would be appreciated.

Yeah deffo an Ebow, the late great Stuart Adamson always used it from memory on nearly all and his bands Albums.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    nevermind
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    The start of the 80s 'Tranaformers' theme song uses the same technique, the old movie has it at the start.