Options

Kyle Korver of the Utah Jazz is a PJ fan!

nocode76nocode76 Posts: 88
edited February 2008 in The Porch
They just did a interview with him on our local news here in Utah and he said that Pearl Jam is one of his favorite bands.

Forget about Shaq, Gasol, and Kidd, the Jazz are 19-3 since he got traded to the team.

Go Jazz!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    sl97v wrote:
    They just did a interview with him on our local news here in Utah and he said that Pearl Jam is one of his favorite bands.

Forget about Shaq, Gasol, and Kidd, the Jazz are 19-3 since he got traded to the team.

Go Jazz!!

Yeah, he used to always go to the concerts when he was in Philly and I think had dinner with the band before Reading 04.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    I could have guessed that. Dude looks like a PJ fan.

Utah's looking good, but they aren't better than my Lakers. If Kobe stays healthy and Bynum makes it back, they're going to be unbeatable.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Suns finally got the big man in the low post we ALWAYS needed...ala Showtime Lakers and Kareem The Dream aka Lou Alcindor...
    can't keep me here...
  • Options
    I saw him at Camden 2 in 06. I had better seats :D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    Riot Actor wrote:
    Suns finally got the big man in the low post we ALWAYS needed...ala Showtime Lakers and Kareem The Dream aka Lou Alcindor...

Comparing Kareem -- who was ALWAYS in great shape and relied on finesse rather than power -- to Shaq -- who has not been in shape for two years and whose strength/speed has diminished considerably with age -- is pretty foolish.

I honestly think that the Shaq transition is not going to be a smooth one for Phoenix. Aside from his leadership, he doesn't make the Suns a better team, especially since you had to give up Marion to get him.

I've followed Shaq at all stages of his career -- college, Orlando, L.A., and Miami -- and can honestly say that he has reached a point in his career where his skills have simply slipped. It's not something he can work on in the gym or anything else; it's age, and it has hit him pretty hard, probably as a result of years of hackings, beatings, and long playoff runs.

That being said, I'm actually glad he's in Phoenix. It makes the LA/Phoenix rivalry even more interesting, and, in my opinion, gives the Lakers a better chance of getting over the Phoenix hump they've run into the past two years.

Tomorrow's game will be fun.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Comparing Kareem -- who was ALWAYS in great shape and relied on finesse rather than power -- to Shaq -- who has not been in shape for two years and whose strength/speed has diminished considerably with age -- is pretty foolish.

I honestly think that the Shaq transition is not going to be a smooth one for Phoenix. Aside from his leadership, he doesn't make the Suns a better team, especially since you had to give up Marion to get him.

I've followed Shaq at all stages of his career -- college, Orlando, L.A., and Miami -- and can honestly say that he has reached a point in his career where his skills have simply slipped. It's not something he can work on in the gym or anything else; it's age, and it has hit him pretty hard, probably as a result of years of hackings, beatings, and long playoff runs.

That being said, I'm actually glad he's in Phoenix. It makes the LA/Phoenix rivalry even more interesting, and, in my opinion, gives the Lakers a better chance of getting over the Phoenix hump they've run into the past two years.

Tomorrow's game will be fun.

The only reason why I compare is because you have two players here who came to a new team towards the ends of their careers and became reinvigorated. Granted, Shaq has been all talk, but Phoenix by far has the leagues best trainers and medical staff (i.e., Grant Hill finally have a full, healthy season; Amare Stoudemire's very successful comeback from microfacture knee surgery). That said, we don't need Shaq to give us 30/15 or whatever stat line you want to use. We need his D in the post, and whatever else he can give us...bc I'll tell you now; boy can play defense, don't care how long you've followed Shaq, but he can play D. Marion was good, but he was an enigma. And besides, he usually disappears in the playoffs where players like Shaq thrive...will be interesting to say the least...
    can't keep me here...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i knew there was something special about this guy besides his ridiculous three-point shooting.
  • Options
    Riot Actor wrote:
    We need his D in the post, and whatever else he can give us...bc I'll tell you now; boy can play defense, don't care how long you've followed Shaq, but he can play D. .

Wow...you haven't followed Shaq much recently, have you?

Or any of the analysts and insiders who have pointed out Shaq's horrible defense the past few seasons?

Trust me, ask anyone who knows the NBA -- even the Suns' management -- and they'll tell you that this deal was NOT done for defensive purposes.

Yikes.

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Wow...you haven't followed Shaq much recently, have you?

Or any of the analysts and insiders who have pointed out Shaq's horrible defense the past few seasons?

Trust me, ask anyone who knows the NBA -- even the Suns' management -- and they'll tell you that this deal was NOT done for defensive purposes.

Yikes.

i am a die-hard nba fan and i am usually up to date on most of the news and shit, and i do remember hearing that a big part of the reason that the suns signed shaq was for a defensive presence. it makes sense because he is now a good (not great anymore) center on the offensive end. i could be wrong, but i am fairly sure that i heard that.
  • Options
    i am a die-hard nba fan and i am usually up to date on most of the news and shit, and i do remember hearing that a big part of the reason that the suns signed shaq was for a defensive presence. it makes sense because he is now a good (not great anymore) center on the offensive end. i could be wrong, but i am fairly sure that i heard that.

You are correct my friend...and i'm afraid our lakers fan is completely wrong...this deal was done more for defensive purposes than anything else, you think the Suns need Shaq's 15 points a night?!?! I'm a gigantic Amare Stoudemire fan, but I'll cede that he's not a low post threat. He gets banged on pretty hard in the post, other than his awesome shot blocking ability, hes not that great of a defender. Shaq's a grinder, he can still hang with Yao, Duncan and Bynum, which allows Stat to get back to his natural 4/PF position and just be even more explosive. We'll see how tonight goes, Shaq's not going to get much playing time...maybe 20-30, but we'll see.
    can't keep me here...
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    thats cool. too bad he plays for the Jizz tho. fuckin hate them! go 'Kets!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Haha, I was waiting at the end of the escalort at the Borgata after the Pearl Jam show there, he came down a while after the show ended, probably was hanging out back stage...
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'm a Celtics fan
    but I'll be rooting for the Jazz in the West.

Korver is an incredible shooter.
    Best of all, AK-47 (Andrei Kirilenko) is my favorite player!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    pjtaper wrote:
    Haha, I was waiting at the end of the escalort at the Borgata after the Pearl Jam show there, he came down a while after the show ended, probably was hanging out back stage...

lucky bastard, i wouldve given my left nut to see the Borgata show. not to mention picking up Brad's posters THERE. saw the incredible Philly show a couple days later tho, so it made up for it.