Options

IF there is some kind of "vfc" tour announced..

TransplantedNewfTransplantedNewf Posts: 805
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Can any 10C member buy tickets? Do you have to be American?

This affects my decision to do Bonnaroo or not. If i don't do the Roo and i can't get tickets to any political kind of shows they do, i'll be choked!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    thats why it would be nice if they gave at least a hint as to the plans for the rest of the year

Bonnaroo is a $1000 weekend
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Good question.

I seem to remember a US citizenship requirement for the Vote for Change shows in 2004 in order to buy Ten Club tickets.

I don't think there was any such requirement for all other seating.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Bonnaroo is a $1000 weekend

Exactly. $1000 to see PJ and a few others that i'd really like to see but i'd never pay that much to see if PJ weren't part of the bill.

I'd rather spend that kind of money on a few PJ shows....IF i knew there were more shows that i could attend.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    There Will Not Be A Vfc Tour This Year....

It Would Not Have The Same Meaning As It Did In 2004....

There Will Be A Change Regardless
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    There Will Not Be A Vfc Tour This Year....

It Would Not Have The Same Meaning As It Did In 2004....

There Will Be A Change Regardless

While I agree that there probably won't be a VFC tour, they may play some shows.

But the whole meaning of the word "change" can and should be taken very loosely. This may be a discussion for the Moving Train forum but, just because a new president will be in office, does not mean that much will change unless only certain people are elected.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Good question.

I seem to remember a US citizenship requirement for the Vote for Change shows in 2004 in order to buy Ten Club tickets.

I didn't think there were Ten Club tickets in 04...
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I didn't think there were Ten Club tickets in 04...

there was a 10C presale through TM
    good seats
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Good question.

I heard about that too...which seems really impossible to enforce since you can be resident without being citizen and can be citizen without being resident...and 10c can only tell where you live (well, not even really, just your billing or shipping address)

plus having non-US people to give those yanks some reality check is good :p
    I'll volunteer to 'educate' American voters in world affairs in exchange for the right to a ticket :D (and ask people that know me, you won't have to push me much ;))
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Pegasus wrote:
    I heard about that too...which seems really impossible to enforce since you can be resident without being citizen and can be citizen without being resident...and 10c can only tell where you live (well, not even really, just your billing or shipping address)

plus having non-US people to give those yanks some reality check is good :p
    I'll volunteer to 'educate' American voters in world affairs in exchange for the right to a ticket :D (and ask people that know me, you won't have to push me much ;))

Yeah... easy to get around the address if you had to....

btw.... please educate.... I can shit on british and french politics too ;)....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    There will very likely be a VFC tour... Just don't look for PJ to play it.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Yeah... easy to get around the address if you had to....

btw.... please educate.... I can shit on british and french politics too ;)....
    so can I!!