Options

Those who attended Ed's April tour?

LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I'm gonna definitely do the Boston shows if I can get tix, but I'm also thinking of doing about 2-4 more if possible. However, based on the :o unofficial Westcoast bootlegs I DLed online, it seems like the setlist is pretty much routine.

Is it even worth it to see Ed solo more than 3 times?
PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    If you have the money and the time, do it. If your resources are limited, one show "should" be enough, but you know how spoiled PJ fans are.

Setlist wise, they were all very similar, but reading the fan views its evident that each show has its own special memories.

I was able to see LA1, and tried in vain to get tix for LA2. I would have loved to see more than one show. And maybe by the 4th or 5th, I wouldnt be so reserved at the pre-parties.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,925
    yep. it's intense. a sweet singalong fantasy! :)
    first time seeing ed in santa barbara, i cried. it was very emotion, well for me. travelling all the way from halifax to see the man all alone on that stage, rocking the shit out of those acoustic guitars. it was wild man.

la1 was great too. i was able to enjoy the show with someone i've alway's wanted to see in person. and that dream did come true that night for me. :)
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    If you have the money and the time, do it. If your resources are limited, one show "should" be enough, but you know how spoiled PJ fans are.

Setlist wise, they were all very similar, but reading the fan views its evident that each show has its own special memories.

I was able to see LA1, and tried in vain to get tix for LA2. I would have loved to see more than one show. And maybe by the 4th or 5th, I wouldnt be so reserved at the pre-parties.
    Yeah, the dates on this tour seem to be very convenient for me since I get the weekends off.

And since I'm a loser, I don't do much in the the weekends anyways. Might as well see Ed. :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    yep. it's intense. a sweet singalong fantasy! :)
    first time seeing ed in santa barbara, i cried. it was very emotion, well for me. travelling all the way from halifax to see the man all alone on that stage, rocking the shit out of those acoustic guitars. it was wild man.

la1 was great too. i was able to enjoy the show with someone i've alway's wanted to see in person. and that dream did come true that night for me. :)
    Yes, based on the boots I listened to, the solo shows seem very intimate with Ed and the audiences. So yes, I'd like to experience that feeling as well.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    LongRd. wrote:
    Yeah, the dates on this tour seem to be very convenient for me since I get the weekends off.

And since I'm a loser, I don't do much in the the weekends anyways. Might as well see Ed. :)

If you can afford it, and swing it, I'd recommend going to as many as you can. However, I wouldn't count your chickens until you get tickets. They went fuckin' fast. I had to use stubhub for about $200.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    LongRd. wrote:
    I'm gonna definitely do the Boston shows if I can get tix, but I'm also thinking of doing about 2-4 more if possible. However, based on the :o unofficial Westcoast bootlegs I DLed online, it seems like the setlist is pretty much routine.

Ed is Ed and Ed is absolutely amazing. The stories and jokes will be different but the songs will be the same. I saw both LA shows and I'm glad I was there for both. If he were playing a slew of shows within the same area I'd probably see them all, but I wouldn't travel to see more than a couple shows for his solo tour.
  • Options
    superfuzzsuperfuzz Posts: 45
    Was the quickness of selling out insane?...or if you were logged in at 10AM on ticketmaster going at it, you pretty much got a tix?

Im gonna try 10C sale, but yea...more of a chance at TM.
    8/25/98, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 7/1/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/11/04, 9/13/05, 9/28/05, 5/20/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/23/06, 6/24/06, 8/05/07, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08...8/16/08 (EV), 8/17/08 (EV)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    superfuzz wrote:
    Was the quickness of selling out insane?...or if you were logged in at 10AM on ticketmaster going at it, you pretty much got a tix?

Im gonna try 10C sale, but yea...more of a chance at TM.

I was logged in right at 10 for San Diego on TM and was shutout, even for the 2nd show.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    I was logged in right at 10 for San Diego on TM and was shutout, even for the 2nd show.
    Yeah, my buddy and I tried for several west coast dates and only got one set of tix...then I made arrangements with another friend for his 10c seats so I was able to see 2 shows.

Don't rely on TM....there are WAY more people trying to get tix than there are actual tix.
  • Options
    superfuzzsuperfuzz Posts: 45
    There are way more damn scalpers running their programs getting tix....Damn them.
    8/25/98, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 7/1/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/11/04, 9/13/05, 9/28/05, 5/20/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/23/06, 6/24/06, 8/05/07, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08...8/16/08 (EV), 8/17/08 (EV)
  • Options
    Yeah, my buddy and I tried for several west coast dates and only got one set of tix...then I made arrangements with another friend for his 10c seats so I was able to see 2 shows.

Don't rely on TM....there are WAY more people trying to get tix than there are actual tix.
    Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should just try as much shows as possible b/c he might not do it again for a long time.
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    If I didn't go to both Vancouver shows, I wouldn't have heard Arc. That would have been a shame! I'd go to as many shows as possible :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    If you can afford it, and swing it, I'd recommend going to as many as you can. However, I wouldn't count your chickens until you get tickets. They went fuckin' fast. I had to use stubhub for about $200.
    Same here....tried 10c Pre-Sale, KROQ Pre-Sale and TM Public Onsale...nada...Stub Hub Seller charged $145.....suggestion...try not to blow all your cash this weekend.....you will kick yourself if you miss this one!!
    Good Luck
    xoxooxo
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    if you can do a few on the weekend then definitely go for it! i went to three, santa cruz and both berkeley shows, and even the two berkeley ones were different, despite the setlists. there were some variations, like satellite one night, parting ways the other. the stories he would share would vary too, so it was worth it just to see ed in an intimate setting like that.

even his performances of arc all 3 nights were different in their own way...was just a beautiful special experience :) good luck to everybody trying for tix!
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    LongRd. wrote:

From my own experience... I think you need at least 6 shows.
    tacos
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    LongRd. wrote:

An Honest no :o Two times is enough. That's what I did, they were both great, but save money to see someone else instead.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    An Honest no :o Two times is enough. That's what I did, they were both great, but save money to see someone else instead.

im hoping to do both new york shows so i agree :)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    im hoping to do both new york shows so i agree :)

Glad you are getting your fill of shows finally :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    iwasthere wrote:
    From my own experience... I think you need at least 6 shows.
    Just don't fly Northwest this tour!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    kristophedkristophed Posts: 73
    I live in Toronto but am in Australia till March
    Shit!
  • Options
    Yeah, I just realized that there's a bit of conflict of scheduling in August anyhow with some other shows I'm interested in.

I might just do Boston...and maybe D.C. though.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    LongRd. wrote:

I went to Santa Cruz, Berkeley II, and Santa Barbara. I would have kicked myself if I missed BII, it was one of my favorite concert experiences of all time. You just never know what you'll get from night to night, even if the setlist is similar.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    LongRd. wrote:

If it's $$ doable, feed the need my friend :) Though the setlists are similar, each time is unique.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    To each their own, but if you can swing 2-3 shows why not?

I saw both Van shows and could easily have gone for another one right after. I was planning on going for both nights in Montreal, but turns out i've got a wedding to attend on the Sat., so i'll just be going to the Sunday show (im assuming that its definitely going to happen...)
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    LongRd. wrote:

I'll give you some advice that it seems no one else is giving, I posted this in another thread but I think it is burried so you probably won't read it.

I went to the 2 LA shows. 1 was enough (and great) but 2 didn't feel like over kill. I imagine if you went to 3 shows you may just find your self saying, "I can't believe I'm at a concert with Eddie Vedder on stage and I'm bored.

Just prepare for the most obnoxious crowds of your life--don't expect a nice intimate laid back show.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    kristophed wrote:
    I live in Toronto but am in Australia till March
    Shit!

I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for you right now...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Go to as many as you possibly can!! I did 5 and each and every one of them were different. Mostly same songs maybe, but emotions change my friend....thoughts change. So, that causes the stories to change and the way the same song is being sung on different nights to change. Therefore, if one has the chance to do'em all, one should try to do'em all :-)

Me on the other hand, I will just lie down here and wait for the dream...where I'm not ugly and Pearl Jam plays West Coast leeegg!!!

well said, SOLAT!!! i only went to one (berkeley 1), but it was amazing and i wish i had gone to more. not only was the show amazing, but meeting some of you and hanging out was awesome as well! and yeah, please to the west coast leg soon, guys!!!
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Hey chica!!! It's been forever since I heard from you. How are things?
    dude, Hartford and both Mansfields were A-MA-ZING!!!

arghh, i know, it sounds like it!! not to be too nosey, but how do you get the $$ to go to all of these shows??

sorry for derailing the thread..uh yeah...go see the ed solo shows!! ;-)
  • Options
    I think I'll just do two shows, the Boston ones for sure but maybe the D.C.

Best of luck guys on getting tickets!