Options

Where to stay for Santa Cruz show?

jordan2345jordan2345 Posts: 7
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I have only one ticket for the EV Santa Cruz show. I'm flying into San Jose via Chicago (for you Wilco fans) only for this show. Where should I stay: San Jose or Santa Cruz? Would it be cheaper to take cabs to and from the airport to a hotel AND to and from the hotel to the show or just buck up and rent a car for two days?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    jordan2345 wrote:
    I have only one ticket for the EV Santa Cruz show. I'm flying into San Jose via Chicago (for you Wilco fans) only for this show. Where should I stay: San Jose or Santa Cruz? Would it be cheaper to take cabs to and from the airport to a hotel AND to and from the hotel to the show or just buck up and rent a car for two days?

Cabs would be very, very expensive. Cheaper to rent a car. I usually find the best deals from SJC airport at Fox Car Rental or Dollar.

Santa Cruz is great beach town, much nicer to stay there. There are two Travelodges with rooms for $62.00.

I'm stoked about this show in SC - it'll be great!
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    linzpjamlinzpjam Posts: 36
    Don't even think about staying in San Jose and taking cabs - it's impractical on HWY 17. Santa Cruz is a really fun place to hang out so rent a car, find a cheap hotel and relax - you'll be glad you did.
  • Options
    There is also a hostel you can look into
    If you were my friend, I'd give you the ball on every play.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see you guys in Santa Cruz! I'm sure I'll meet some of you fellow 10clubbers around town that day.

Have any of you been to the venue? What's it like, 2000 or so? How are the acoustics?
  • Options
    linzpjamlinzpjam Posts: 36
    It's been awhile (saw Ziggy Marley, Neil Young, Jerry Garcia, many others) but the Civic is a small, 2 story boxy auditorium that feels kinda like a high school gym. I'd guess 2000+ but whatever the number, it is one of those places where there isn't a bad seat. I can't recall if there were any acoustic issues - I only remember rockin' out!
  • Options
    We are staying at the Bay Front Inn. Its 2 blocks from the ocean and about half a mile to the Civic auditorium. Pretty cheap rooms there and decent reviews.

Is anyone else planning on tailgating before this show?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,238
    we are also flying in from Chicago.....we are staying outside S.C but are renting a car so we can do the wineries and the beach and all that good stuff for 4 days or so.....

Also, I heard they dont serve alcohol at the venue, is this true....anyone know?
  • Options
    we are also flying in from Chicago.....we are staying outside S.C but are renting a car so we can do the wineries and the beach and all that good stuff for 4 days or so.....

Also, I heard they dont serve alcohol at the venue, is this true....anyone know?

I looked at their website and no evidence either way... I also called the administration to ask but they don't answer the phone I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't serve alchol since its such a small venue.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    so who else is goin to this show? any tailgaters out there?
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    I have a "friend" who might know someone who may be searching for some nuggets when he get's to the bay area. So if anyone might know something. Send me a PM.
    tacos