Gorge and DC 06 for Bears Tickets

elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Even though the Bears stink this year, my son is a HUGE fan. Unfortunately this year money has been tight so we havent gone to a game yet. I would like to suprise him with tickets as a christmas present to the last game of the season 12/30 against the Saints.

Im willing to give up my Gorge 06 and DC 06 for two GOOD seats.

PM with any offers

THANKS
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,693
    Awww... that is so sweet :)

I don't have any tickets to offer, but I send my best wishes.
    He's lucky to have you :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • haha wow you shouldnt have a problem scoring tickets the way things have been going this year... i wish i had a pair to give ya :D

thats great youre willing to make that sacrifice tho! good luck!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • meme wrote:
    Awww... that is so sweet :)

I don't have any tickets to offer, but I send my best wishes.
    He's lucky to have you :)

Thank you.....he'll totally flip out if I get him tickets hes been bummed all year.
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    you've probably already thought of it, but Craigslist.com and stubhub.com (fro the bears nfl site) might be good options...and you can keep your posters!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • you've probably already thought of it, but Craigslist.com and stubhub.com (fro the bears nfl site) might be good options...and you can keep your posters!

Absolutely would love for that, but I really dont have any extra cash this holiday season. I realize I could sell the posters and then buy the tix, but I really dont want to do that. I am hoping that there is some Bears season ticket holder (or just someone who has extras) that is a PJ nut and really wants these posters....dont get me wrong I love the posters, but to me they are just posters and I would love to see them go to someone who could help out.
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Absolutely would love for that, but I really dont have any extra cash this holiday season. I realize I could sell the posters and then buy the tix, but I really dont want to do that. I am hoping that there is some Bears season ticket holder (or just someone who has extras) that is a PJ nut and really wants these posters....dont get me wrong I love the posters, but to me they are just posters and I would love to see them go to someone who could help out.

I understand, my friend! did you post anything in the All Encompassing Trip section of the Pit? there's bound to be someone there that might be able to help you out...aside from that, I'm out of ideas!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Even though the Bears stink this year, my son is a HUGE fan. Unfortunately this year money has been tight so we havent gone to a game yet. I would like to suprise him with tickets as a christmas present to the last game of the season 12/30 against the Saints.

Im willing to give up my Gorge 06 and DC 06 for two GOOD seats.

PM with any offers

THANKS

I will see what I can do. I would only ask fo rthe DC poster in return. I'll keep you posted.
  • Bump
    I will see what I can do. I would only ask fo rthe DC poster in return. I'll keep you posted.

Pleeeeease? :)

Elvis, how much would two tickets be on craigslist?
  • meme wrote:
    Pleeeeease? :)

Elvis, how much would two tickets be on craigslist?

Who knows, I dont want to spend any money on the tickets, and I am not going to sell the posters! it will cost enough just to park, eat, souvenirs(sp?) and all the goods that go along.

I just want two good tix and someone can have two great posters.

Thanks again!
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    what's the price of those tickets ?
    I could buy them for you and then you sned me te posters...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Julien wrote:
    i hope it works out........that is nice of you.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I'll post on expresso beans about this.
  • Julien wrote:

Ticket prices always vary, I would assume that two good tickets would cost a little over $200 dollars. Although last nights loss pretty much assures the Bears season is over, so perhaps I can get better tickets with every passing day.

Thanks again everyone.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Ticket prices always vary, I would assume that two good tickets would cost a little over $200 dollars. Although last nights loss pretty much assures the Bears season is over, so perhaps I can get better tickets with every passing day.

Thanks again everyone.
    I don't knwo at all where I could search for tickets.
    But if you give me a link I could see how much it costs. if it's not too much, I'll pay and you'll send me the posters
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Looks like some real love going on here! Keep up the good work people! Hope you get your boy to the game.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Not to rain on the parade here, but NFL tickets are expensive. Really expensive. Obviously, "good tickets" is a highly subjective description. Does good tickets mean lowel level seating between the 30 yard lines? or does good tickets mean tickets that will get you in to the stadium and sit in one of the upper decks? Face value of tickets, at least for the Cowboys, in the lower level is well above $100 per ticket that is face value, not taking into account what they go for on the secondary market.

I wish you the best of luck, but you might have to spend some additional money to get what you are looking for. You kind of have a narrow search. First you are looking for a Pearl Jam fan, who has Bears tickets (and good ones at that) to the one game you are looking for, who doesn't have the two posters you are offering, and who is willing to trade the tickets for the posters straight up. As i said, I don't want to be overly negative, but I don't know how realistic this trade offer is. I hope you are able to make it happen though because I think it is a cool idea, I just hope you know that it is a long shot with the current offer you have on the table.
  • Didn't your mother teach you that unless you have something nice to say dont say anything at all? Just kidding.

I realize that tickets will be expensive, and we've been to Soldier Field lots of times, there really isnt a bad seat in the house. I realize I wont be getting 50 yard line, club level seats. All I want is to take him to a game and I know how valued these posters are with us PJ fans.

By the way, Cowboys tickets are way more valuable then Bears tickets.......this year! :)
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I'll post on expresso beans about this.

Thank you so much! That is very kind of you.
    They have some on craigslist for 85 dollars each.
    I don't know how good they are, but the trade with the gorge and DC is more than fair on Elvis's part.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    lower level seats, on the sidelines, and not in the end zone, if bought from a broker are easily $200 each more for those football crazy towns like chicago, green bay, NY giants, steelers

I take a client to a giants game once a year, and two good seats on the 20 or 30, in the 100 sections are easily $200 per
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    Get_Right wrote:
    lower level seats, on the sidelines, and not in the end zone, if bought from a broker are easily $200 each more for those football crazy towns like chicago, green bay, NY giants, steelers

I take a client to a giants game once a year, and two good seats on the 20 or 30, in the 100 sections are easily $200 per

true. however, the bears are out of it. there are going to be plenty of empty seats for this game, especially if the weather continues to be this bad.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    true. however, the bears are out of it. there are going to be plenty of empty seats for this game, especially if the weather continues to be this bad.

I did not see the results, I tivod it

THANKS A LOT

just kidding -you might be right, but those dudes in Chicago love the football, even if the teman is not playing well
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    Get_Right wrote:
    I did not see the results, I tivod it

THANKS A LOT

just kidding -you might be right, but those dudes in Chicago love the football, even if the teman is not playing well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQxEvv4_8Mk :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • go prego pre Posts: 642
    just wondering how old your son is?

if he's 7 or younger, i'd keep the posters and not waist the effort, because he probably won't really remember all that much of it in a few years anyway. besides, the bears will still be there when you have more cash to spend on tickets. you might not be able to get the posters back. unless, of course, you bought the posters just to get something else in return, then go ahead and get rid of them.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Bump.......
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    Bump ....

Hope you get those tix ....

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Don't ruin football for your kid. Football is a million times better on TV than it is live. The big, loud crowd is cool, but the game itself is boring as hell.

That said, good luck with the tix.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    sgossard3 wrote:
    haha wow you shouldnt have a problem scoring tickets the way things have been going this year...

You'd be surprised. The one of many great things about Bears fans is that they are always loyal no matter how bad we are. GO BEARS!

Good luck, bro. It's a really nice thing that you're doing.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    You might want to check with the 10C on this one 10Cbut I don't think that what you are doing is 'legal.'

You can probably lose your 10C membership for doing this.

??????? Do you really think so? With all the posters being offered to be sold way over what people paid for them. Do you really think 10Club would pull his membership for this? I think that would be just terrible!