Options

Jingle Bells: Pearl Jam's first use of drum loops?

mohomoho Posts: 540
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Anyone notice that the drums sound incredibly like midi drums from fruity loops or something? Sounds like mike just looped some synthesised drums and played guitar over the top! I like the homemade feel!
JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It's what guitarists do when they're just practising chords and songs and the band isn't available. Get a shitty loop from the computer.

It makes this Jingle Bells unlistenable for me. I wish the whole band had jammed it out.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    moho wrote:
    Anyone notice that the drums sound incredibly like midi drums from fruity loops or something? Sounds like mike just looped some synthesised drums and played guitar over the top! I like the homemade feel!

It´s like he is playing in house, during the christmas party...but the sound is nice.
  • Options
    There are drums loops on WMA, Satan's Bed, and *possibly* Push Me, Pull Me. Granted, those are all loops of live drum takes...

~Alex
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    jingle bells?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    isn't there also drum loops on strangest tribe ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    isn't there also drum loops on strangest tribe ?

No, that's Stone. He's not John Bonham, but he gets the job done.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.