Options

public transportation to mansfield?

firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
edited June 2008 in The Porch
is there public transportation available to mansfield from boston? never been up there before and figured this would be easiest way to get there if it is available.
Thanks!
Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    is there public transportation available to mansfield from boston? never been up there before and figured this would be easiest way to get there if it is available.
    Thanks!
    I went to Boston 3 and we took the train to Mansfield. If I remember correctly, it took about 45 minutes to get to Mansfieldfrom Boston. Had to cab it on the way back to Boston. Cost about 50 bucks or so.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Ya you can take a train from Boston to Mansfield, but the problem is getting home. It looks like the last train to leave mansfield going inbound towards Boston is shortly after 10:00pm.

I'd rather drive in and sit through traffic than pay for a 45 min cab ride on the way home.
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I wouldn't count on public transportation around here. You will most likely get stuck. Mansfield is in an area where there is one cab company and you will have to wait a long time after you call for them to pick you up. I suggest renting a car.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    looks like the thumb will be in the air and my legs will be showing ;) thanks for the info!!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    looks like the thumb will be in the air and my legs will be showing ;) thanks for the info!!

Hey,
    Here's a schedule for transportation. This station is 2.5 miles away from the Tweeter Center. The Tweeter Center is on 140 (South Main Street) so it's a straight walk or ride from there. The last train leaves at 11:49 (if I read the Schedule right).

I went to the "River Rave" last night (Filter and STP) -Catching a cab is not an option and the road is being torn up.

If your staying in Mansfield it would work otherwise I wouldn't chance it.

Mansfield Station:
    http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/stations/?stopId=112

Saturday Schedule:
    http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=PROVSTOU&direction=O&timing=S&RedisplayTime=Redisplay+Time

Good Luck.