Options

Mike McCready is a Bad @$$ mofo

Comments

• Options
    I must have missed that by about six years and six months. :( How did you know it was him?
  • Options
    The Mods confirmed that is was Mikey. User name was "Mike R. McCready"

This all happened on the old, old Sony BBS forum....which was also linked to the Rockfords forum which he posted at more frequently.

In the original thread, I posted something about watching one of the Jones Beach vids from the 2000 tour (I think it was the first night), and talking about how fun it was just watching him play. Then "Vitalochica" said something about she'd cut her feet off to play like Mike. Mike posted two or three times...saying thanks for the great compliments...and telling her not to cut her feet off. Then we talked about him wearing the ass-less chaps on stage for Halloween that yeat...and he said something like he didn't get to keep them, and had to return them to the rental store. He posted once or twice in another thread that night too...forgot what that one was about though.

This thread was so big....most people couldn't even open the thread without freezing up their computers. I remember I couldn't open it unless it was like 3am, and nobody else was on the board.

Good times!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I never saw the thread... but yes. Yes, he is.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Then let this be MIKE IS A BADASSMOTHERFUCKER II !!!

Because he sure is
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Mike = God !
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Curly Joe wrote:
    I remember it, and I'm glad to reply first to the new "Badass Mofo Thread"

i think that thread is somewhere
    etched in my memory...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    i vaguely remember someone saying they would cut off their arms to play like Mike as well....LOL.....so the question is, did anyone do it????

good times and many many late nights on the old BBS!!!

Everyone Loves Colonel Angus
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    einatshaul wrote:
    Then let this be MIKE IS A BADASSMOTHERFUCKER II !!!

Because he sure is

thats RIGHT.
    The Master is above all, anytime, anywhere.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options

This all happened on the old, old Sony BBS forum....which was also linked to the Rockfords forum which he posted at more frequently.

In the original thread, I posted something about watching one of the Jones Beach vids from the 2000 tour (I think it was the first night), and talking about how fun it was just watching him play. Then "Vitalochica" said something about she'd cut her feet off to play like Mike. Mike posted two or three times...saying thanks for the great compliments...and telling her not to cut her feet off. Then we talked about him wearing the ass-less chaps on stage for Halloween that yeat...and he said something like he didn't get to keep them, and had to return them to the rental store. He posted once or twice in another thread that night too...forgot what that one was about though.

This thread was so big....most people couldn't even open the thread without freezing up their computers. I remember I couldn't open it unless it was like 3am, and nobody else was on the board.

Good times!

Excellent! I'm gutted I missed that.
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473
    Mike is the best!

and Mike if you happen to read this....

How about a little "River of Deceit" just a riff before Ledbetter sometime?
    I'd be beside myself!!!!!

Thanks be to Mike!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ((((((BLOODY RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))))))
    *runs and hugs*

WHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA *runs, hugs, then bows to the god that is MCCREADY* ... been a few years now so it feels good to get that out

I'm thinking we send a package into outer space with all mr mccreadys solos on loop so aliens can share in his badassedness...
    Peace... Love... Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    I was listening to TOTD the other day (first time in a while) and I can't believe how good Mikes solo is on Reach Down, also the inter-play between him and Stone.

Do I remember correctly, that Mike said that recording was his first solo in a proper studio??

Ya, you got that one right. I remember him saying that he didn't have any plans for the solo...he just plugged in and went.

And as for the original topic of this thread...I am pretty sure that Mike's solo's are better than sex with Jesus.
  • Options
    WHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA *runs, hugs, then bows to the god that is MCCREADY* ... been a few years now so it feels good to get that out

I'm thinking we send a package into outer space with all mr mccreadys solos on loop so aliens can share in his badassedness...

that would be CRAZY!!!! hahaha that man has SO much BADDassness that it would be too much to shove in a boxxx!!!! he's comPLETELY the greatest EVER. like......EVER. one thing i always wanted to see him do live was the star spangled banner and i got to last year! :D brought me to tears.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    I am pretty sure that Mike's solo's are better than sex with Jesus.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah that was pretty knarles. i didnt know how to respond to that exxxactly! :D

• Options
    I remember it well...

I'm getting old
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • Options
    I remember that! People went nuts. That was so long ago
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    *bump*

luv ya mike!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    dude that so fucking awesome!
    sounds like a dream to me, talking to mike.
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    i definitely remember the original!!
  • Options
    Bump for the master.

...Currently listening to the short but EXCELLENT solo he does on the (sssh...whisper) 'Anything In Between' Binaural outtake. :D
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Bump.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I know no one will care about this story but....

The last time Pearl Jam played Boston I was in 9th row. Mike threw out his guitar pick and it hit me in the shoulder. It fell on the floor and the girl next to me had a fast reaction (well faster than me as I was a little intoxicated) and picked it up! I WAS BUMMING! On the upside my friends girlfriend got me a piece of wood from the Garden signed by....none other than MIKE!

MAN! How killer would it have been to have the pick and autograph and then framed it?!?!?!

Kinda bumming me out now.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    It the midst of all this Edness madness, just a little reminder...

!!!
  • Options

Good times!

I was around for the original thread! Good times were had in that thing.

I loved that board! I posted on the rockfords board every once in a while as well. That is when all those sony boards were linked.
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    It the midst of all this Edness madness, just a little reminder...

!!!

a big phat HELL YES to this!!!

• Options
    Mike McCready and Bad Ass Mofo are synonyms. Look it up.

:D
    wah
  • Options
    Who was here for that thread back in the day. That thing is almost 7 years old.....I searched but didn't find it on this bbs. What a night!
    Perfect concert of 08 tee!!!!

Mikeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!

luved "Got Mike?" :cool:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    I love that in the middle of the ticket madness THIS, of all posts, got bumped to the top! HA!
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    I love that in the middle of the ticket madness THIS, of all posts, got bumped to the top! HA!
    LOL...so I'm a Mikey junky:o
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.