Options

Please play (Just a) Girl!!

BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I fucking love this song. I would love them to play it again. How awesome would that be?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just A Girl........
    Just A Kid ..........yeah!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Benzor wrote:
    I fucking love this song. I would love them to play it again. How awesome would that be?

I second that.

That would be crazy live.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    this would be amazing...
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    I don't understand why the song has gone ignored by them this long. Of course, I also don't understand why Eddie developed an aversion to the lyrics for Brother, as well as Stone feeling no love for his own fantastic riffs in the same song.

Brother + Girl = Lost Classics.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    I thought about that when I recently watched the video from their first gig in Seattle 1990...I was thinking about how Eddie would manage to sing the high parts of the song today and if it would work... ...IT WILL WORK! :) I wanna hear it!
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    please eddie!
  • Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    I'm not familiar with these songs. Where would one go to hear these?
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    Nah. Played once, at the first ever show. If it's gonna be played again at all it should be the last ever show.

But if it does get brought back, Out of My Mind needs to be dusted off too :D
  • Options
    has someone the lyrics of that song?
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    If we are talking about longshot requests,
    i've been begging for "Homeless" (bad radio) for ages.

:D:D:D

I'm just glad i finaly got to hear ALONE in Philly '06.
    I screamed so loud i shocked the guy next to me (think it was pjtaper or something) ... :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    "Girl" hasn't really ever done much of anything for me. I'd prefer a song like "No Way" get played anyday over "Girl"
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    screw just a girl, we need Rock around Barrack! or how about No way, or even better Believe you me, love that bad radio song!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj wrote:
    even better Believe you me, love that bad radio song!

+1 that.
    and Homeless. :D

Ed has tagged Believe You Me in recent years, if i am not mistaken.

:D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    I don't understand why the song has gone ignored by them this long. Of course, I also don't understand why Eddie developed an aversion to the lyrics for Brother, as well as Stone feeling no love for his own fantastic riffs in the same song.

Brother + Girl = Lost Classics.

Exactly, play brother you assholes. If stone and ed hate it so much leave them backstage for the first part of an encore and let the other guys have at it.

Edit: Woo 100th post, didn't mean to make it sound so angry.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    i would die if they played this. hope they do sometime.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    I'm gonna bump this thread periodically on the 1 of a million shot that someone sees this and it somehow gets it played. I think I would rather see this played then win the lottery. Not joking either.