Options

I am seeing this kind of thing alot in articles???

walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
edited March 2008 in The Porch
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/news/article/55876/body-of-war-chronicles-a-paralyzed-iraq-war-veterans-fight-to-find-peace/

"The movie’s buzz picked up steam when Eddie Vedder volunteered to create a song for the film. After talking to Young, the former lead singer and composer for Pearl Jam had a new tune written and recorded in just four days."

That does say "FORMER" lead singer and composer for Pearl Jam.

I know they are not breaking up, at least I hope not, but where is this kind of stuff coming from???

As I said this is not the first article I have seen with this assumption.
+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    My heart just skipped a beat! Even just seeing that .. If that would ever be reality.. My heart would break to itty bitty pieces and vedder/pearl jam would forever have that on their conscious! :D
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    But don't you realise, lead singers have to leave their bands in order to release solo albums. It's common knowledge really... :rolleyes: :)
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    But don't you realise, lead singers have to leave their bands in order to release solo albums. It's common knowledge really... :rolleyes: :)

But then they come back again . . . right? Right? RIGHT?????
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    http://www.popmatters.com/pm/news/article/55876/body-of-war-chronicles-a-paralyzed-iraq-war-veterans-fight-to-find-peace/

"The movie’s buzz picked up steam when Eddie Vedder volunteered to create a song for the film. After talking to Young, the former lead singer and composer for Pearl Jam had a new tune written and recorded in just four days."

That does say "FORMER" lead singer and composer for Pearl Jam.

I know they are not breaking up, at least I hope not, but where is this kind of stuff coming from???

As I said this is not the first article I have seen with this assumption.

just a douchebag writer that doesn't know anything about the band, assuming that since he released an album under his own name that he isn't with the band anymore.

breathe.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    just reporters who like to ad in spice. they do it all the time. it sells.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    just reporters who like to ad in spice. they do it all the time. it sells.

tis what i was guessing :)
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The reporter probably did his research on Wikipedia. :rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.