3 shows, 3 H2I's

se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I went to 3 shows this tour.... Had a blast but man that is unlucky
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    It's H2I that you'd consider yourself unlucky.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    sorry. it is hard to feel badly for you...........................:)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    se7v7en wrote:

Yeah man...I feel really bad for you.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    we're so lucky and spoilt that you'd consider unlucky to have HTI 3 times. No one changes up and changes the rotation as much it's a shame people still feel unlucky... it must be a source of frustration for the band who see this after changing it so much and trying so hard to be different every night.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    AlBorlandAlBorland Posts: 117
    HTI is one of my favorite songs, but I'm glad I got Can't Keep- underrated and underutilized as an opener!
    Skeletons ain't got nowhere to stick their money.
  • Options
    Ugh, everytime I go see Pearl Jam it's the same guys on stage. How unlucky am I?
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    pjny wrote:
    Ugh, everytime I go see Pearl Jam it's the same guys on stage. How unlucky am I?

Yea, some people even saw Ed wearing the same SHIRT more than once this tour. Poor bastards...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    i think Ed was smoking out of the same cigarette pack in Camden nights one and two...
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Seriously. And why doesn't Eddie dye his hair again? I get tired of looking at the same guy all the time when I go see my favorite band in the world. Shave your beard, wear a mask, do SOMETHING, man! Don't you know how to entertain?

And who do they think they are, playing between 25 and 35 songs at every show, much less H2I at each of those 3? The audacity of a band to expect us to actually enjoy more than the standard 18-23 most bands play... let alone if they play a song they've already played on the tour...

I'll be sure to relay this story to friends of mine who are guaranteed bigger PJ fans than you, S7v7e7n7n7n7, but who have yet to see a single show, much less bitch about hearing an amazing song more than once.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    se7v7en wrote:

I'm 0 for 3 so far.... I'm sorry but I can't feel bad for you :p
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    dirtyT wrote:
    i think Ed was smoking out of the same cigarette pack in Camden nights one and two...

i think he drank the same brand of wine both nights as well :-/
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    I was at Bonnaroo, Camden 1, DC & MSG and i too am getting a lil sick of Hard To Imagine opening.

Not that its a bad song.. it just also gets played when its not an opener.

So using that as an opener for the majority of the shows this tour, while gems like Release, Of The Girl, Sometimes and others sit on the shelf is just.. wierd.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    DeLukin wrote:
    Yea, some people even saw Ed wearing the same SHIRT more than once this tour. Poor bastards...

lol.. He does tend to wear the same clothes quite often on tour. ;)
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    Seriously. And why doesn't Eddie dye his hair again? I get tired of looking at the same guy all the time when I go see my favorite band in the world. Shave your beard, wear a mask, do SOMETHING, man! Don't you know how to entertain?

And who do they think they are, playing between 25 and 35 songs at every show, much less H2I at each of those 3? The audacity of a band to expect us to actually enjoy more than the standard 18-23 most bands play... let alone if they play a song they've already played on the tour...

I'll be sure to relay this story to friends of mine who are guaranteed bigger PJ fans than you, S7v7e7n7n7n7, but who have yet to see a single show, much less bitch about hearing an amazing song more than once.

You can't garentee anything....
    You can't even realize that seeing the same OPENER three times in three shows (esp when its hard to imagine) is against the odds and of course everyone would want to see different openers on a tour. Maybe you didnt read where I said I had a blast. I was just hoping for something else on the third night is all. Why is it that people think the only things that should be written about on these boards is absolute worship of everything the band does? How dare anyone anyone say "unlucky" in the porch! Get a life.
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Yeah you're right, I can't guarantee everything. Best I can do is guess - after I get a life, that is.

;)

xoxo
  • Options
    circles downcircles down Posts: 182
    This thread is a perfect example of the bitching spoiled Pearl Jam fan. It sounds like a joke, but unfortunately, it's or real.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I think the guy's point is that getting the same opener on three shows is in fact unlikely (and unlucky, I guess, assuming you want to hear three different openers). It could happen, of course.
    I don't know ... I'd want three different ones too. That being said, I'd like to see even one show this tour. They don't come to Canada. It blows.
  • Options
    I think the guy's point is that getting the same opener on three shows is in fact unlikely (and unlucky, I guess, assuming you want to hear three different openers). It could happen, of course.
    I don't know ... I'd want three different ones too. That being said, I'd like to see even one show this tour. They don't come to Canada. It blows.

Yes, that is exactly what my point was. If someone told me id here H2I open all three of my shows i woulda put ten grand on the line. If you do have the same opener three times, its nice that it is a great song like H2I but its just strange and for me the opener is best part of a show.

The anxiety build up and then hearing that first chord
  • Options
    se7v7en wrote:
    Yes, that is exactly what my point was. If someone told me id here H2I open all three of my shows i woulda put ten grand on the line. If you do have the same opener three times, its nice that it is a great song like H2I but its just strange and for me the opener is best part of a show.

The anxiety build up and then hearing that first chord

yeah, i hear you bro, that sucks 3 times, man . . . i love H2I, got it in NJ '06, I got it first night at MSG and I actually thought it was a bit of a bust as an opener; oh gee did i say something offensive, don't want to offend the pj porch softies . . . c'mon guys its just personal taste and preferences . . . and if its perceived as criticism, so what, its our band! if we can't critique our own band, well, jee who can?
    So dude, I say right on with your post, I hope for the hartford and the boston shows I get different openers, but if i don't well thats my loss and mine alone . . . not that big of a deal.
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.