Options

Thank you DHL

SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I live in San Diego, know a few people that got their ITW vinyl here... And mine went to Mexico. I had heard DHL sucks but thats ridiculous. Luckily a friend brought it over so I've listened to it, but I want my own.

Anyone else have theirs go to a different country???
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    I live in San Diego, know a few people that got their ITW vinyl here... And mine went to Mexico. I had heard DHL sucks but thats ridiculous. Luckily a friend brought it over so I've listened to it, but I want my own.

Anyone else have theirs go to a different country???

You hadn't heard this yet? this shits been out on cd for months.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

Wha-wha-what?????
  • Options

I have the cd brosef, and I've heard the vinyl. The point is the tards at DHL somehow sent it to the WRONG COUNTRY. How do you even do that?

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    I have the cd brosef, and I've heard the vinyl. The point is the tards at DHL somehow sent it to the WRONG COUNTRY. How do you even do that?

ha ha ha... you have to admit, its pretty funny. Incredibly frustrating for you, but still funny. I had to look the other thing up.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brosef&GBYPASS=911D1771AF35F992B8303FD913FC9B6C1201810304

brosef
    Meaning good friends, similar to bro. The origin although believed ot be from anchorman is actually from, The Jamie Foxx Show. Braxton would always call Jamie brosef.

"Yo what's happening?"
    "Not much how about you brosef?"
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    I ordered something off Ebay recently, the seller used DHL....

it took forever to get to me from Denver to Chicago

they beat it to hell and damaged the product

then they did not want to honor the insurance the sender had

poor customer service, they held my package without notifying me but told the shipper it was delivered.......

luckily the seller was cool and took the package back and gave full refund but I hate DHL now..... fuck DHL :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    I thought that I had bad luck, but nothing close to yours. I'm in the Portland area, and mine went past me 100 miles to Eugene. In the tracking it actually said "arrived at incorrect facility". Then it went past me again to the correct facility about 75 miles north of me in Washington. Then I finally got it 2 more days later.

I REALLY hope this whole 10C shipping through DHL is just an experiment, and it will end.
  • Options
    ha ha ha... you have to admit, its pretty funny. Incredibly frustrating for you, but still funny. I had to look the other thing up.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brosef&GBYPASS=911D1771AF35F992B8303FD913FC9B6C1201810304

brosef
    Meaning good friends, similar to bro. The origin although believed ot be from anchorman is actually from, The Jamie Foxx Show. Braxton would always call Jamie brosef.

"Yo what's happening?"
    "Not much how about you brosef?"

Ahh yes the elusive brosef call, even I didn't know it was from Jamie Foxx...

Ok it is kind of funny, especially to my buddies who have it. It kind of makes me want to hunt down someone at DHL and kick them in the groin. To make matters worse, my local postal service has an uncanny knack for not attempting to deliver packages and sending them back to the sender as refused. If they do that with my ITW, I will burn down the post office. You read it here first, it will be on CNN this weekend.

Peace.

• Options
    FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    I got mine on Tuesday, but for some reason there's a slight tear in the top portion of the cover. It must have been damaged during production because the plastic seal it came in doesn't have a scratch on it, just the top of the cover does. I'm not broken up to the point where I'm angry, but it sucks that it did get damaged and not by me. I'm just glad I was able to get one.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • Options
    Funkdog wrote:
    I got mine on Tuesday, but for some reason there's a slight tear in the top portion of the cover. It must have been damaged during production because the plastic seal it came in doesn't have a scratch on it, just the top of the cover does. I'm not broken up to the point where I'm angry, but it sucks that it did get damaged and not by me. I'm just glad I was able to get one.

That's interesting my friend's had the same problem. Is it the middle top of the back half of the gatefold?

I'm wondering what the hell has happened to mine on its amazing journey.

• Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    At least you guys got tracking numbers. All I got was that generic 10c email saying it would take 4-8 weeks.
  • Options
    haha, wow dhl definitely sucks. i'm in michigan and they sent my ames book to indianapolis for no reason. that's pretty incompetent service.

it arrived a couple days later, but still...sending it to the wrong state after it's already arrived at a processing facility in the state it's destined for...
  • Options
    SaytownSaytown Posts: 19
    having worked as a sales rep for DHL for 2 years I can tell you why they suck-

All of the drivers are subcontracted- none of them are employees of DHL

They could give a rats ass about your stuff unless it is valuable and can find a way to steal it-

Sorry bout your Vinyl
  • Options
    Saytown wrote:
    having worked as a sales rep for DHL for 2 years I can tell you why they suck-

All of the drivers are subcontracted- none of them are employees of DHL

They could give a rats ass about your stuff unless it is valuable and can find a way to steal it-

Sorry bout your Vinyl

can you tell us why? is it cheaper for the company somehow to have subcontracted drivers? seems a bit strange.
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    That's interesting my friend's had the same problem. Is it the middle top of the back half of the gatefold?

I'm wondering what the hell has happened to mine on its amazing journey.

fucking shit this better be a default, cause i was pissed. whatever man sucks for you that you still don't have yours yet
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Options
    BOOOM wrote:
    fucking shit this better be a default, cause i was pissed. whatever man sucks for you that you still don't have yours yet

yeah well I'm stealing yours if mine doesn't come...

Update: Mine is apparently at my post office. I called the supervisor to hold it there. If all goes to plan I can spin it after work today.

• Options
    Why did they use DHL? All they did was drop at post office, not even post office in my town, so my mailman could bring it, why not just have USPS do the whole thing?
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    can you tell us why? is it cheaper for the company somehow to have subcontracted drivers? seems a bit strange.

by subcontracting the drivers they don't have to pay health insurance, 401k etc etc. They also don't have to spend money on training, drug testing etc etc.

I can't tell you how many Dell laptops used to get stolen everyday out of Austin.

Basically DHL is a great company if you are shipping overseas- They are the best. Domestically they suck-
  • Options
    I work for UPS. For something to ship internationally....through customs...it would have to have customs shipping papers. There is no way that it could have possibly made it there unless it was invoiced and directed there by 10C. Or, more likely, DHL's tracking system is wrong. I've asked the 10C about shipping UPS in the past and have been told that they have been considering options....To their credit, they chose the cheapest method (good for us!) with the worst service record (bad for us!). Mine took four days to get to Eugene from Seattle via DHL and then USPS...same thing would have made it UPS in 1-2 days. Same for FedEx I think. Either way mine made it in great shape so I'm not complaining! The fucker's gonna look gorgeous framed on my wall and sound even better when I give it the occasional spin....
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I didn't order the ITW vinyl, but the Ames books shipped DHL, too. I'm about 20 minutes away from where the book was sent to me via DHL. It ended up going on a 5,000 mile round trip to Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH where it sat for 3 or 4 days, back to Seattle, and then to my house. Took over a week and a half. Dumbest thing I've ever seen. I emailed 10 Club to let them know their vendor sucks. I emailed DHL to let them know they suck.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08