Options

Pearl Jam should boycott Tennessee

godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Jewish Rep. Cohen Battles Antisemitism and Racism In Re-Election

If you thought race was an uncomfortable issue in the Democratic presidential primary, wait 'til you get a load of what's going on in the Democratic primary in the Memphis area's 9th District of Tennessee, where a shockingly worded flier paints Jewish Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) as a Jesus hater.

"Memphis Congressman Steve Cohen and the JEWS HATE Jesus," blares the flier, which Cohen himself received in the mail -- inducing gasps -- last week.

Circulated by an African-American minister from Murfreesboro Tenn., which isn't even in Cohen's district, the literature encourages other black leaders in Memphis to "see to it that one and ONLY one black Christian faces this opponent of Christ and Christianity in the 2008 election."

The flier was sent out by an African-American minister to try to defeat Rep. Cohen.

Cohen's main opponent in the August 5 Democratic primary in his predominantly African-American district is Nikki Tinker, who is black. The Commercial Appeal wrote an editorial in Wednesday's paper condemning Tinker for not speaking out against the anti-Semitic literature.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2008/02/jewish_rep_cohen_battles_antis.html
"If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
—Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    punish the whole state because of a single person's comment?

you can't be serious?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,216
    and Pearl Jam should boycott this because..?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    They should boycott the entire state because of this? Why not the country? Or the planet?

This kind of shit happens every election year, everywhere. Hell, one of these flyers in South Carolina lost McCain a primary in 2000 and pretty much started a chain reaction that led to W becoming president. I don't see how PJ not playing Bonarroo would change anything.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I wonder what Al Sharpton gonna do about this?

absolutely NOTHING! lmao.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    dont even get me started on ol' Rev Al.

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    4Powers20 wrote:
    dont even get me started on ol' Rev Al.
    You know, if it was the other way around. You'll be seeing his annoying ass on CNN in a heartbeat. :p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    You know, if it was the other way around. You'll be seeing his annoying ass on CNN in a heartbeat. :p

You know it. He is the biggest racist who still gets regular airtime.

• Options
    nah, they have too big of a show to play there in june ;)
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    they should boycott Florida because of those cops who dumped the paralysed guy out of his chair. did you see that?!?!?
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    MrSmith wrote:
    they should boycott Florida because of those cops who dumped the paralysed guy out of his chair. did you see that?!?!?

youtube link please?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    they should boycott cincy too...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    godpt3 wrote:
    Jewish Rep. Cohen Battles Antisemitism and Racism In Re-Election

If you thought race was an uncomfortable issue in the Democratic presidential primary, wait 'til you get a load of what's going on in the Democratic primary in the Memphis area's 9th District of Tennessee, where a shockingly worded flier paints Jewish Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) as a Jesus hater.

"Memphis Congressman Steve Cohen and the JEWS HATE Jesus," blares the flier, which Cohen himself received in the mail -- inducing gasps -- last week.

Circulated by an African-American minister from Murfreesboro Tenn., which isn't even in Cohen's district, the literature encourages other black leaders in Memphis to "see to it that one and ONLY one black Christian faces this opponent of Christ and Christianity in the 2008 election."

The flier was sent out by an African-American minister to try to defeat Rep. Cohen.

Cohen's main opponent in the August 5 Democratic primary in his predominantly African-American district is Nikki Tinker, who is black. The Commercial Appeal wrote an editorial in Wednesday's paper condemning Tinker for not speaking out against the anti-Semitic literature.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2008/02/jewish_rep_cohen_battles_antis.html

Instead of boycotting, they can use the stage at Bonnaroo to speak out against anything they choose.

As a Jew, I am happy that he called us Jesus haters, as opposed to christ killers!
    :)
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    isnt life just wonderful.....

that is a very disturbing little video there.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mrbakomrbako Posts: 54
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Instead of boycotting, they can use the stage at Bonnaroo to speak out against anything they choose.

That's the right idea.
  • Options
    There is idiotic shit going on everyday, every hour in every state in the union, so PJ would have one hell of a time justifying playing anywhere if shit like that ruled out entire states.

This is a stupid thread
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all