"you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
-ed july 8th MSG 2004
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    possomists wrote:
    i wanna hear this a lot this tour, followed by a t-shirt
    p.s. i know who has it

i'll bump this just cause of my love for Brain of J.

Saddest day of my PJ career was being so wasted before Camden I '03 that i passed out under a tree in front of the venue and woke up to make it to my seats as Brain of J was ending. :(

FYI a small bit of trivia for folks who may have no clue ... Single Video Theory is a play on JFK conspiracy, in that it is borrowed from the phrase, "Single Bullet Theory" which is the official Warren Commission position on how Kennedy was killed. Specificaly it is the single bullet (CE 399) that made it through kennedy's body (upper back and out his throat) and in to the Govenor's back, out his chest, off his hand and in to his thigh. The bullet was found on a stretcher in Parkland hopsital and was nearly pristine, even after having allegedly knocked out a rib and shattered a radius.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Got to hear this one in Philly 05...it was an awesome surprise, one of my fav PJ songs, really gets the crowd rockin.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    St Louis 98....awesome. I love the special occasions they break it out, but its without the roar now.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    This song is outrageous. In the live boots I've heard it doesn't sound quite as good as the studio, but it still rocks. It's a great opener for Yield... the second "1234 1234" into the riff is killer!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    I've got the Brain of JFK
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Why isn't that song called "Brain of J.F.K"? It'd be a better title.
  • Options
    pjfan85 wrote:
    Why isn't that song called "Brian of J.F.K"? It'd be a better title.

Who's Brian?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    bacoj wrote:
    I've got the Brain of JFK

no you dont, as i stated earlier i know who has it, and its in fishkill ny
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    no you dont, as i stated earlier i know who has it, and its in fishkill ny

Whoever has the brain of JFK, it's no good anymore. It's like Ed's voice. Shot.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539

Saddest day of my PJ career was being so wasted before Camden I '03 that i passed out under a tree in front of the venue and woke up to make it to my seats as Brain of J was ending. :(

FYI a small bit of trivia for folks who may have no clue ... Single Video Theory is a play on JFK conspiracy, in that it is borrowed from the phrase, "Single Bullet Theory" which is the official Warren Commission position on how Kennedy was killed. Specificaly it is the single bullet (CE 399) that made it through kennedy's body (upper back and out his throat) and in to the Govenor's back, out his chest, off his hand and in to his thigh. The bullet was found on a stretcher in Parkland hopsital and was nearly pristine, even after having allegedly knocked out a rib and shattered a radius.

let me the first to say thank you Drifting for that enlightening bit of information

I did not know that

Cheers
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427

they are both maturing with age, and are finer then ever
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Let us not forget Pearl Jam's Dallas '98 poster .... "Single Slushy Theory" ... an obvious play on it as well ... take a look ....

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1633/1461

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1633
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    "go to hell if you dont believe it"

Great song.....

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options

That's got to be one of the funniest (and truest) things I've ever read in this place. Nice to see someone else looks at reality.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Let us not forget Pearl Jam's Dallas '98 poster .... "Single Slushy Theory" ... an obvious play on it as well ... take a look ....

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1633/1461

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1633
    Wow. That's sick.
    Funny. But sick. :D
    Dallas = Where JFK was shot.
    1 bullet. 2 slushies down. Zig zagging bullet.
    you're right. pretty obvious. :D

That's got to be one of the funniest (and truest) things I've ever read in this place. Nice to see someone else looks at reality.

Biggest Wave.
    I think you miss the point. The reason JFK's brain was (and still would be) important is that proper autopsy of it could unequivocaly prove from what direction and how many bullets passed through his skull.

Think about it.
    a minute 30 ... he goes slightly forward (shot from behind), then slams back (shot from the knoll)
    Parkland photo. Before flight to Bethesda. Unaltered body. Fairly clear bullet hole visible in right side of temple
    Photo from bethesda autopsy. After right side of forehead shaved. flap of skin pulled over and sutured to cover hole
    There is a reason the brain of JFK went missing.

A more appropriate question might be, as Eddie posits, "Whose got the brain of JFK, and whats it mean to us now?"

If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?