Eddie stops a kid from getting kicked out for smoking.

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Coolest thing Eddie has ever done. Some kid getting kicked out for smoking and Eddie stops mid song to stop the kid from getting kicked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZdYnfqA9ME
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    not easy to ad lib... my god eddie's got it down perfect ;)

this was my first pearl jam show... :) i'm sure the band would be happy to know bananas have somewhat come down in price now ;)
    wah
  • JamMastaEJamMastaE Posts: 444
    hope he speaks up for me at the next show!!!!

http://www.toddbreer.com/images/v3/small/m_112602_bmjoint.jpg
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    "and mr. security guard, I know you're just trying to do your job;
    but we're all friends here, and we're about to leave for home."

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• I love Eddie.

Now- I hate smoking & it was irritating when @ the Showbox ( after the smoking ban) old farts ( = 8 years older than me) were taking tokes right behind me- it's distracting.

But I like how he stuck up for the kid.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    Coolest thing Eddie has ever done. Some kid getting kicked out for smoking and Eddie stops mid song to stop the kid from getting kicked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZdYnfqA9ME

I've heard in on the boot before...I just don't remember which one..I wanna listen to it...please tell me which one. :)
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    I think it was in Champaign in '03 a guy ran up on stage and they were going to kick him out, but Eddie stopped them and then let the guy sing the first verse of Lukin. He's probably on the pit because I think he was front row at a bunch of shows.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • I am now a NON SMOKER. After smoking for more years that I care to remember, I have been cigarette free for about 8 weeks. So I really understand how you just need one during a show. Ed did a great job there. Stand up for the little guy!
    ~Changing the world...one person at a time~
    ~www.myspace.com/laurababy0105~
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    I was front row at that show! It was sweet. I hadn't seen any video footage of it before, but I couldn't see myself on it I guess the quality is kinda bad.

It was pretty funny, the security guy was pissed off!
  • bazzer wrote:
    I was front row at that show! It was sweet. I hadn't seen any video footage of it before, but I couldn't see myself on it I guess the quality is kinda bad.

It was pretty funny, the security guy was pissed off!

Which show?! :)
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I saw Josh Homme do the same thing at a QOTSA concert in the summer. It's always cool to see musicians pick on the security guards.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Nevermind fuckers...I found it. :P

That was pretty cool too at the end, he says "if you're gonna start something, get me first...I'm the bad guy"

Class.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yeah ed kicks some major ass sometimes... That was pretty nice of him...
  • Pretty lame of the security guard to wait until Yellow Ledbetter to start hassling people. However, he is 100% justified. Smoking is banned in indoor arenas, after all. Outdoor arenas too, for that matter.

It's weird, but ambient pot smoke at a concert doesn't bother me at all, while cigarette smoke does.
    motel money murder madness
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Curly Joe wrote:
    Pretty lame of the security guard to wait until Yellow Ledbetter to start hassling people. However, he is 100% justified. Smoking is banned in indoor arenas, after all. Outdoor arenas too, for that matter.

It's weird, but ambient pot smoke at a concert doesn't bother me at all, while cigarette smoke does.

I can understand why, pot smoke is alot more natural IMO. I do tend to have a cigg smoke every once in awhile. I usually get this urge (like after good sex) to smoke at shows... lol

I....
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • I can understand why, pot smoke is alot more natural IMO. I do tend to have a cigg smoke every once in awhile. I usually get this urge (like after good sex) to smoke at shows... lol

I try not to be a dick about it though... but shit.. its perfectly legal to smoke at rock show, thats my creed anyhow. Its a fucking rock show! Even when i dont want to smoke i expect it when im going to a concert. Every single concert ive been to has had people sneaking smokes

Sometimes I'll light a cigarette to cover up the pot I'm smoking.
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,042
    Yeah, way to go, Eddie: Standing up for the diseases, death, political funding and higher health-care costs brought on by smoking.

Stupid-ass thread.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • bicyclejoe wrote:
    Yeah, way to go, Eddie: Standing up for the diseases, death, political funding and higher health-care costs brought on by smoking.

Stupid-ass thread.

Former smoker, or just on a high horse?
  • The only two shows I went to I was surrounded by people smoking joints and tobacco. Nobody tried to throw them out.

Oh well, I'll carry on smoking then if Eddie thinks it's okay. ;);)
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    bicyclejoe wrote:

Stupid-ass thread.
    who pissed in his corn flakes
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Eddie's a really cool guy!!

I wish I was at that show...
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    It was very cool! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • bicyclejoe wrote:

Stupid-ass thread.

C'mon don't be such a turd
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    I've heard in on the boot before...I just don't remember which one..I wanna listen to it...please tell me which one. :)

melbourne 1. 2006
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    bicyclejoe wrote:

Stupid-ass thread.

Relax pussy cat. If you don't like it don't post in it :D

I don't smoke, I don't agree with it, but people aren't going to stop smoking just because you don't like it.

But having said that, I appreciate smokers who don't smoke around you because they know how you feel about it.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Ah Melborune 1 06! The memories! First time I heard Ledbetter live AND first time I heard RITFW live, was a real nice version of RITFW too! I still remember the banana jokes from that night HAHA!
    18/02/03 Melb
    13/11/06 Melb
    also they nailed come back i thought... :o and did someone get hit in the head with a tambourine? :eek:
    wah
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    The security guards were all assembled waiting for the guy to leave at the end....from memory he removed his shirt and had another tee under it...trying to lose the guards...
    Can anyone confirm if 10c had seats in section 8 or any of the lower sections other than the floor..??
    aus_suz wrote:
    The security guards were all assembled waiting for the guy to leave at the end....from memory he removed his shirt and had another tee under it...trying to lose the guards...
    Can anyone confirm if 10c had seats in section 8 or any of the lower sections other than the floor..??

ha, bet he got out fine!

not sure suz, maybe someone else knows?

my floor row V 10c seat was gold :eek: ;)
    wah
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Yeah i gotta say it's pretty cool when Ed steps in to save the day. I remember a similar thing happening during RVM, Verona, italy 2000. A couple of fans ran across the stage in front of him, security goes to grab em and Ed breaks away from singing to say "they're alright" and security backed off.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    ha, bet he got out fine!

not sure suz, maybe someone else knows?

my floor row V 10c seat was gold :eek: ;)

Can u remember seeing the chick in the first row on the lower........
    She sang every single song I reckon...she wasnt very old..obviously a big fan!~