Options

So I'm thinking WPB opens up with W.M.A.

release30release30 Posts: 2,051
edited June 2008 in The Porch
At least I can always hope.......
Conversations getting dull
There's a constant ringing in my ears
Sense of humor's void and numb
And I'm bored to tears.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    release30 wrote:
    that would be sweet, but I'm still thinking oceans
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    LukinFan wrote:
    that would be sweet, but I'm still thinking oceans

Yeah. Oceans would be sweet. To be honest I feel like they'll go with ol' reliable to open the tour, Release.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    release30 wrote:

I'm thinking no too :( I would LOVE to hear it live (even though I won't be there and if they do happen to play it they should also play it at Mansfield II...at the very least) I couldn't imagine them playing this in it's entirety let alone opening a show or a tour with it. I think a guess of Release or Oceans is on the mark, or at least close.

But please, please, please let them open with Oceans at one of the shows I'm going to!!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Tangerine wrote:
    I'm thinking no too :( I would LOVE to hear it live (even though I won't be there and if they do happen to play it they should also play it at Mansfield II...at the very least) I couldn't imagine them playing this in it's entirety let alone opening a show or a tour with it. I think a guess of Release or Oceans is on the mark, or at least close.

But please, please, please let them open with Oceans at one of the shows I'm going to!!

Oceans is really the one I want to hear most too of the openers. I've gotten Severed Hand x2, Wash, and Present Tense so far from 4 shows, so I haven't heard alot of the "regular" openers like Release, Sometimes, Long Road, etc. But Oceans is the one I want most. And I don't really know why, because I don't necessarily consider it the best song of those. I just think it would be perfect to start a show with it.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Oceans is really the one I want to hear most too of the openers. I've gotten Severed Hand x2, Wash, and Present Tense so far from 4 shows, so I haven't heard alot of the "regular" openers like Release, Sometimes, Long Road, etc. But Oceans is the one I want most. And I don't really know why, because I don't necessarily consider it the best song of those. I just think it would be perfect to start a show with it.

Completely agree with you. It's not "the" best opener (Release is...*chills*) but I'm dying to hear it live and I know the opener is the only chance for it. I've gotten Release *chills*, Wash awesome! and Why Go meh! but I'm dying to hear Oceans. I'm calling Oceans for Hartford (no clue why, I just have a feeling) and Long Road for Mansfield II and probably Release for the WPB tour opener.

But, like I said before WMA would be kick ass to hear live at any point in the show and if it has to be in WPB than let it be so :)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    Tangerine wrote:
    Completely agree with you. It's not "the" best opener (Release is...*chills*) but I'm dying to hear it live and I know the opener is the only chance for it. I've gotten Release *chills*, Wash awesome! and Why Go meh! but I'm dying to hear Oceans. I'm calling Oceans for Hartford (no clue why, I just have a feeling) and Long Road for Mansfield II and probably Release for the WPB tour opener.

But, like I said before WMA would be kick ass to hear live at any point in the show and if it has to be in WPB than let it be so :)

well considering Mansfield 2 is the 8 year anniversary of Roskilde Im thinking LBS will open the show. If not it will be played for sure.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i was going to say im not sure how WMA whould be as an opener but i changed my mind it would be awesome!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    release30 wrote:

That would be freaking AMAZING.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    I think we'll get a 2000 tour -type of opener like Breakerfall, OfTheGirl. I've always been wrong, though. I am hoping for Oceans.
    Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    I would love to hear Oceans as the opener...but I would be quite happy with Last Exit!!!
  • Options
    Last Exit was awesome! Got to hear it as an opener in Kisseemmee 2004. They played it close to the beginning of the set that whole tour, then they popped it out that night. Great underrated opener.
    Dallas '98, Houston '03, Dallas '03, Kisseemee '04, Missoula '05, Toronto '05, Atlantic City #2 '05, Albany '06, Hartford '06, Chicago #1 and #2 '06, Cleveland '06, Detroit '06, Boston #1 '06, Washington DC '08
  • Options
    Last Exit was awesome! Got to hear it as an opener in Kisseemmee 2004. They played it close to the beginning of the set that whole tour, then they popped it out that night. Great underrated opener.

Yep....I was at that show.

I think they also opened a Tampa show with it...maybe 2000????
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    The 2000 Tampa show opened with Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy. But, Last Exit was played early in the set.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    The 2000 Tampa show opened with Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy. But, Last Exit was played early in the set.
    and the tape machine screwed up and an alt version of the song was on the boot
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    sailboatcaptainsailboatcaptain San Juan, Puerto Rico Posts: 251
    love Oceans But, I personally like LBC as a opener when Ed changes games for show...

Is this just another day,... this god forgotten place?
    First comes love, then comes pain. Let the SHOW begin,...
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    I'll be happy with Oceans or Release.. oh hell I'll be happy whatever it is but I'm hoping for those two.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    and the tape machine screwed up and an alt version of the song was on the boot

Yeah....I thought that Last Exit was the first song, but the tape screwed up so they put it on the end of the disk...but that was 8 years ago, and I really don't recall. :)