Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'll go to the chemist later and get some drugs. Need to get a clear chest for Nijmegen and Berlin really as I'm sure you lot aren't too fussed if I can talk or not :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'll go to the chemist later and get some drugs. Need to get a clear chest for Nijmegen and Berlin really as I'm sure you lot aren't too fussed if I can talk or not :lol:

Get yourself some 'Vocalzone' pastilles (over the counter) and Berocca effervescent vitamin tablets. The Berocca works wonders making you feel better and helping you over come illness and the Vocalzone will restore your voice... I swear by them :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    It'd also help if I didn't smoke 3 million cigarettes over the last few days!

Just gave 'Of The Earth' video a watch there, it's a mad aul song really. Poor Stone doesn't get a look in at all :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Those going to the pub, what time are you guys thinking about heading there?
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Hey everyone. :D Good to hear fun was had in Belfast. Those going out tonight and gigging tomorrow, I wish you the best of time. :mrgreen: I'm sitting here, gonna have dinners soon and then off to meet some of the fella's friends - eek. :shock: :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

I've got about 11 cold sores on my lips, a chesty cough, aches and pains all over my ribs n shoulders... still 14 pints of beer will sort that I reckons :?

I want to lick your face!

What time are you getting to London at? I'll be down round Hyde Park at about 4pm. There's bars inside the venue... is it best to meet in there?

Someone decide :(
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Hope you guys have a great time tomorrow at Hyde Park. Soooooooooo jealous. Then gigs in Dublin and Belfast look amazing wish I could have been there :cry:

Edit: Just been looking back through this thread and realised how much fun always happens at these gigs. Oh well, hopefully next time!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I've got about 11 cold sores on my lips, a chesty cough, aches and pains all over my ribs n shoulders... still 14 pints of beer will sort that I reckons :?

I want to lick your face!

What time are you getting to London at? I'll be down round Hyde Park at about 4pm. There's bars inside the venue... is it best to meet in there?

Someone decide :(

right, i have NO idea about pubs in the area so can't comment on that... ;)
    from what i remember of last year the beers in the venue are usual pub prices, just the usual lack of choice of beverages... think Tuborg and one other lager, don't know about bitter/guinness etc.
    i'm bringing a PJ virgin with my spare, a dad of a kid at my spud's school, and he probably won't make it up into town until 4-ish, but i can probably get out earlier than that if anyone wants beers though obviously i can't go in until he turns up and hands over some cold, hard cash for my spare ticket... :roll:

errrrr... that's about it really... am now tired and ready for bed... been a looooong couple of days for an old git like myself... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    p.s. unless i hear anything else, i'll try and get in to work Friday morning and have a look at some websites for ideas of pubs in the Hyde Park area, but do feel free to come up with some better ideas!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    p.p.s and what's going on with the tube strike, is that actually going on ?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jrd wrote:
    p.p.s and what's going on with the tube strike, is that actually going on ?

Allegedly it is going on but today with my limited use of the tube I didn't notice any difference!

Have already told Dunk you will be researching a venue for pre-gig drinks ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    'morning!

See you guys later.

Yes pub.... .was it Hinn saying there were a couple very near to the Hyde Park entrance? jrd... get to work!
  • Options
    Just about to hit the road now on the way to the airport. Still have no voice and feel pretty shitty tbh :( Gonna hit the pharmacy on the way. From what I can gather, so far there's been no disruption to tube services but it is only early.

I'll see you lot later 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    'morning!

See you guys later.

Yes pub.... .was it Hinn saying there were a couple very near to the Hyde Park entrance? jrd... get to work!

just leaving for work now... :oops:

main entrance is near Marble Arch tube station, will have a look and see what pubs are around there...
  • Options
    I'll be leaving work in about 15/20 minutes. Will you text me with details?
  • Options
    anyone still around but going to the London show later...?
    anyone know anything about any of the pubs on here and have any recommendations ?

i'm looking at telling folks to meet up at one of these:

The Carpenters Arms - 12 Seymour Place W1H 7NE
    The Masons Arms - 51 Upper Berkeley Street W1H 7QW
    The Three Tuns - 1 Portman Mews South W1H 6HR

as they all get excellent/good reviews and are close if they're small/crap/full. all close to Marble Arch tube station so good for the entrance to HRC.

anyone know any better ?

or there are a couple of pubs in Shepherd market, which is closer to Green Park and Hyde Park Corner tubes, but that's further away from the main entrance to HRC...
  • Options
    chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    jrd wrote:
    anyone still around but going to the London show later...?
    anyone know anything about any of the pubs on here and have any recommendations ?

i'm looking at telling folks to meet up at one of these:

The Carpenters Arms - 12 Seymour Place W1H 7NE
    The Masons Arms - 51 Upper Berkeley Street W1H 7QW
    The Three Tuns - 1 Portman Mews South W1H 6HR

as they all get excellent/good reviews and are close if they're small/crap/full. all close to Marble Arch tube station so good for the entrance to HRC.

anyone know any better ?

or there are a couple of pubs in Shepherd market, which is closer to Green Park and Hyde Park Corner tubes, but that's further away from the main entrance to HRC...
    Yeah pubs in shepherd market are good, i dont know the others, sorry
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    WAS SO GREAT MEET ALL THE DUBLIN CREW..LOVE U GUYS!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lovely meeting you D!

Sorry I missed you lot last night. Was close-ish to the stage and had a great view (centre barrier). Was planning to pull back and find you guys after the main set but it was near impossible to move through the crowd during the first break as loads of people were trying to get closer.... We went straight home too.
  • Options
    fancied a beer straight after the show and texted but seems like there were no definite plans so thought "what time's the next/last train home?" and at that point the idea of my own bed became very appealing :oops: and the autopilot kicked-in. fell asleep on the train home and nearly missed my stop. obviously by the age of 36 (*cough*) you just can't hack 3 shows in 4 days... :(

i know, i know, everyone wanted beers with me after the show but i thought i'd save myself for the next tour... ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    redrock wrote:
    Lovely meeting you D!

Sorry I missed you lot last night. Was close-ish to the stage and had a great view (centre barrier). Was planning to pull back and find you guys after the main set but it was near impossible to move through the crowd during the first break as loads of people were trying to get closer.... We went straight home too.
    i know was to crowded..lol..but all great!!!have the best time!!!awesome!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I had an awesome time - so much complaining in the London fanview thread!!!!

jrd... falling asleep on the train.... Can't stay awake with the grown ups, can you? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I had an awesome time - so much complaining in the London fanview thread!!!!

jrd... falling asleep on the train.... Can't stay awake with the grown ups, can you? :mrgreen:

nope! ;)
    had to get up early on Saturday as well to take the spud to his swimming lesson... felt cream-crackered all day.
    had a lovely lie-in today... mmmmmmm... didn't get up until 11:00 8-)
  • Options
    "Watching" the footie with the fella. (Come on Germany!)

1) God damn those vuvuzelas.
    2) Ooh, it's a nice day out. Good thing we didn't wear suncream when we went down to the shops.
    3) I wonder.. Should I have tea now or later?
    4) Rrragh, this keyboard is weird.
    5) Should I post something in the Dublin fanviews thread?

Well, that's just some things off the top of my head. 8-) Don't ask me why. :P (I may or may not be bored.) (I'm not.)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :(

;)
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Home - mental week - happily tired - will tell all about the mad weekend later :)

glad to see you all enjoyed HRC, D can't believe we didn't meet up :(

love to all!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :(

;)

Boo hoo! :P

I'm glad the match ended like it did, but England really should have gotten that one goal that was disallowed.
  • Options
    Hello all.

I have a standing ticket for TCV at Brixton, 5th July that I can't use. Anyone interested? Face + fees = £35.75!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hello all.

I have a standing ticket for TCV at Brixton, 5th July that I can't use. Anyone interested? Face + fees = £35.75!

popular ticket, eh ? :D;)
  • Options
    How many people from here have gone to Nijmegen and Berlin ? it's been awful quiet on here for the last few days... ;)

*tumbleweed*