Options

So now that the Roo list is up....

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited May 2008 in The Porch
don't it make you angry PJ is only playing from 10:15 to 12:15.......thanks alot Jack Johnson....thanks alot.

Plus Phil Lesh gets from like 12:30 to 4AM to play...what the hell?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    does this subject need another thread?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,023
    don't it make you angry PJ is only playing from 10:15 to 12:15.......thanks alot Jack Johnson....thanks alot.

Plus Phil Lesh gets from like 12:30 to 4AM to play...what the hell?
    they will play longer than 2 hours
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    All I got to say... Glad I didn't dish out that loot!!!!!
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

yes, we know.

and btw, i guess for you, if you were only going to see one band (which obviously it sounds that way) than maybe it wouldn't have been worth it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    yes, we know.

and btw, i guess for you, if you were only going to see one band (which obviously it sounds that way) than maybe it wouldn't have been worth it.
    very true! Roo is going to be sick! I keep going through my schedule trying to figure out how I'm going to fit all the bands in that I want- it's so tough- which I guess is a good thing in a way :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161

Yeah glad I didn't dish out the loot to see a full Pearl Jam show plus...

BB King, Robert Plant, The Raconteurs, Willie Nelson, My Morning Jacket, Widespread Panic, Umphrey's McGee, Derek Trucks, Drive By Truckers, Robert Randolph, Steel Train, Les Claypool, Metallica, Sigur Ros, Ben Folds, Zappa Plays Zappa, (and if you're into hip hop)... Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli

Plus the comedy of...
    Chris Rock, Janeane Garofalo, Louis CK and Zack Galifanakis

Not to mention 4 days of camping and partying in rural Tennessee

ALL FOR A $250 TICKET!

OH WAIT! I DID!

I honestly believe half of the people who say "glad i didn't buy that bonnaroo ticket" are just trying to assure themselves they made the right choice and finding any excuse they can to do so (ie. the schedule says 2 hours, so i'm sure they'll only play 2 hours) NEWSFLASH> It's a laid back festival on a big empty land. Rules are going to be broken. Bonnaroo is going to be amazing.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Yeah glad I didn't dish out the loot to see a full Pearl Jam show plus...

BB King, Robert Plant, The Raconteurs, Willie Nelson, My Morning Jacket, Widespread Panic, Umphrey's McGee, Derek Trucks, Drive By Truckers, Robert Randolph, Steel Train, Les Claypool, Metallica, Sigur Ros, Ben Folds, Zappa Plays Zappa, (and if you're into hip hop)... Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli

Plus the comedy of...
    Chris Rock, Janeane Garofalo, Louis CK and Zack Galifanakis

Not to mention 4 days of camping and partying in rural Tennessee

ALL FOR A $250 TICKET!

OH WAIT! I DID!

I honestly believe half of the people who say "glad i didn't buy that bonnaroo ticket" are just trying to assure themselves they made the right choice and finding any excuse they can to do so (ie. the schedule says 2 hours, so i'm sure they'll only play 2 hours) NEWSFLASH> It's a laid back festival on a big empty land. Rules are going to be broken. Bonnaroo is going to be amazing.

haha, nice post!

i agree with it all!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options

Post of the f'n year! So true!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Can someone please help me out with a couple of scheduling questions:

- Is it first come, first serve for the comedy tents? Or do you have to get a ticket or soemthing? How early do you have to arrive?

- I've tried to print off a line-up schedule a couple of times and it keeps cutting off the smaller time slots band names and times- am I doing something wrong?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    djonesrdjonesr Posts: 73
    does this subject need another thread?

Yes, it does.

I think there is a possibility that there aren't that many people on this board that are familiar with Bonnaroo, what it's all about, and why it is so different than the million other festivals out there.

The 1/2-1 more hour that was SUPPOSED to be alotted to them makes a HUGE difference in the eyes of someone who has specifically been wanting to see them at Bonnaroo for a very long time.

Personally, I can't put what this means to me in words. Not because it is so "devastating", just because it is so hard to explain and "Hard to Imagine".

Although I've been wanting to go to Bonnaroo since year 1, it is definitely PJ that has motivated me to travel from California. But let me clarify that by saying it was PJ listed as the MAIN headliner. You would THINK this would pretty much assume that other bands (except for some of the late-night acts) would not get more time alotted than the MAIN headliner. And even if that happened, you wouldn't think that PJ would go down in Bonnaroo history for being alotted the least amount of time than any headliner ever at Bonnaroo, even though they are a band that almost always plays for well more than 2 hours.

And on top of that, their set butts up right against the Phil set which will have some sort of energy drain in the atmosphere of the PJ show as the time gets past 12:00. What's up with that. I mean, Phil's time slot is from 12:15-4 freakin' AM, and THAT is where you have the largest potential for running over. I mean, c'mon, you couldn't schedule PJ to 12:45 and have have Phil come on from 1-4:15 or something like that?

It just doesn't make sense, plain and simple.
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Seriously, I posted this in the other thread about this:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5479825#post5479825

You guys can stop the panic...

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/inde...d=13516&page=2

A few posts down, all your fears will be put to rest.

From the inforoo board:

A direct quote from Ashley Capps, THE AC in AC Entertainment to Mike McCready on the telecon last week....

"Bonnaroo is a 24/7 experience. And none of us are going to tell Pearl Jam to quit playing."....

And tho I think he was kidding...when asked how long PJ would play at Bonnaroo....Mike said 5 and a half hours....

AND

Well....here's what Mike REALLY said they would probably do.....an exclusive preview for my Inforoo peeps!

"Knowing us, we’ll start off with probably an hour-and-a-half to two hour set. And then come back and do like a 10 song encore and then maybe come back and do more."

So.....there you have it..... Straight from the guitarist's mouth - LOL!
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Personally, it doesn't matter much to me whether we get 25 or 30 songs. All the songs we get will be amazing in a crowd of 80,000 people and there is so much else to do all weekend long! Bonnaroo is going to be incredible.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    djonesr wrote:
    And on top of that, their set butts up right against the Phil set which will have some sort of energy drain in the atmosphere of the PJ show as the time gets past 12:00. What's up with that. I mean, Phil's time slot is from 12:15-4 freakin' AM, and THAT is where you have the largest potential for running over. I mean, c'mon, you couldn't schedule PJ to 12:45 and have have Phil come on from 1-4:15 or something like that?

It just doesn't make sense, plain and simple.

Yeah... but... not sure at you looked at the schedule, but there are overlapping sets between the "What Stage" and "Which Stage" throughout the festival, meaning that PJ can keep playing and I'm sure Phil and all his fans will be able to hear him fine from a distance. I doubt these stages are right next to each other as it seems all the biggest bands are playing on them and some of them at the same time.

Plus, Phil has 4 hours to play. Knowing that he's the last to go on, I doubt he'll start on time.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    Seriously, I posted this in the other thread about this:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5479825#post5479825

You guys can stop the panic...

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/inde...d=13516&page=2

A few posts down, all your fears will be put to rest.

From the inforoo board:

A direct quote from Ashley Capps, THE AC in AC Entertainment to Mike McCready on the telecon last week....

"Bonnaroo is a 24/7 experience. And none of us are going to tell Pearl Jam to quit playing."....

And tho I think he was kidding...when asked how long PJ would play at Bonnaroo....Mike said 5 and a half hours....

AND

Well....here's what Mike REALLY said they would probably do.....an exclusive preview for my Inforoo peeps!

"Knowing us, we’ll start off with probably an hour-and-a-half to two hour set. And then come back and do like a 10 song encore and then maybe come back and do more."

So.....there you have it..... Straight from the guitarist's mouth - LOL!
    Thank you for posting this- I hadn't read this
    www.RLMcDaniel.com