Options

Pearl Jim, A Pearl Jam Tribute

GazmundoGazmundo Posts: 15
edited June 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey Guys,

Pearl Jim have just been in the studio to record a 3 track demo, check out the tunes at http://www.myspace.com/pearljim1

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PontikasPontikas Posts: 210
    Hello Pearl Jim,

Metronome!
  • Options
    Yeah, but we wanted quite a loose and live feel so we decided against using a metronome.
  • Options
    ryanevolutionryanevolution Posts: 782
    i listened to animal, thought it sounded good :thumbup:
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    Cheers, much appreciated.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, tempo does seem to be the biggest problem. Too fast.

Overall, though, it sounds pretty good.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    ryanevolutionryanevolution Posts: 782
    So I'm guessing the drummer started the band since his name is Jim? How many songs do you guys know?
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    Yep, spot on mate, Jim after the drummer. We got 23 songs at the moment, just over an hour and half set.
  • Options
    Sounds ace that mate, you guys still going?
  • Options
    solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 202
    Gazmundo wrote:
    Sounds ace that mate, you guys still going?

I wish bro. We were only together for a couple of years. The other guitarist and I are close friends and actually we went to the Newark, NJ show a couple weeks back. Would love to try to do something again but it's been hard finding local musicians who have the same interest. :?
  • Options
    Thats a shame man, you really got Mccreadys tone nailed, especially on Dissident. This is the first tribute band ive been in and it is lucky that we've got 5 musicians who are all in the same sort of mindset and interests etc. You got any tips for a fledgeling tribute band? PJ are heading to Hyde Park in London at the end of the month, im gonna have to try and get down to it, get some tips :D
  • Options
    Gazmundo wrote:
    Thats a shame man, you really got Mccreadys tone nailed, especially on Dissident. This is the first tribute band ive been in and it is lucky that we've got 5 musicians who are all in the same sort of mindset and interests etc. You got any tips for a fledgeling tribute band? PJ are heading to Hyde Park in London at the end of the month, im gonna have to try and get down to it, get some tips :D

Tips? I guess stay focused and stay loose. Do other covers to keep everyone happy but make 70-80% of the catalog PJ. As you get gigs, get a feel for the clubs. At the end of the day, bar managers want patrons and if you can pack a room, you'll be asked back. If you can't, it will be hard to get good gigs. Make sure you try to keep your sound and as close to PJ as possible. Don't go too many degrees off-center. I think it will hurt more than help however if you guys want to experiement and try to make the songs you're own, it maybe fun but keep in mind the people going to your shows want a PJ show. Also, don't wear costumes... that is cheezy. Be yourself but sound like PJ!!!
  • Options
    That all makes sense, we've already got a few songs in the set that PJ cover on a regular basis and we were never gonna go near costumes!!
    Really appreciate you takin the time, many thanks.
  • Options
    Gazmundo wrote:
    That all makes sense, we've already got a few songs in the set that PJ cover on a regular basis and we were never gonna go near costumes!!
    Really appreciate you takin the time, many thanks.

Best of luck to you guys and keep rockin'!