Options

The reason for the East Coast is...

dcm730dcm730 Posts: 2
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I've talked with someone who use to book bands in the early 90's(Soundgarden,PJ etc) In the early days the band was advised by mgt to tour the east coast. Supply and demand. Now I guess it's a habit they can't break. Anyone in the south can forget about PJ shows. Oh I live in Texas and just as disappointed. Maybe 2013.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    dcm730 wrote:
    I've talked with someone who use to book bands in the early 90's(Soundgarden,PJ etc) In the early days the band was advised by mgt to tour the east coast. Supply and demand. Now I guess it's a habit they can't break. Anyone in the south can forget about PJ shows. Oh I live in Texas and just as disappointed. Maybe 2013.

Now they can't break the habit?
    That's gotta be the most ridiculous things I've heard so far!
    FL and SC is in the South and we are getting show.. I have the feeling TX will too after the summer....
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I'm as cynical as they get but this implication is just false.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    dcm730dcm730 Posts: 2
    Now they can't break the habit?
    That's gotta be the most ridiculous things I've heard so far!
    FL and SC is in the South and we are getting show.. I have the feeling TX will too after the summer....

Last time I checked FL and SC are located on the east coast of the US. South= TX, LA, AL,MS,ARK,KY,Ten and GA. When was the last time they played these states?

It's hard to believe that it's not all about the money, but it is.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    dcm730 wrote:
    Last time I checked FL and SC are located on the east coast of the US. South= TX, LA, AL,MS,ARK,KY,Ten and GA. When was the last time they played these states?

It's hard to believe that it's not all about the money, but it is.

Last time I checked, Georgia was also on the east coast of the south.

SC and FL are in the south. They're getting shows. Oh yeah, so is Virginia. Virginia is in the south. And Tennessee, which is in the south.
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Miami = East Coast.

Don't group us in with Bush loving red necks.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    South Carolina couldn't be any more southern. I would say that I consider South Carolina as part of the South, and the important thing to remember about South Carolina: too small to be its' own country, too big to be a mental institution.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks