Options

Ticketmaster Pact?

mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Not sure what the consensus on this was from the last go around, but on the West coast a few board members (who either already had tickets or lived in different cities) decided to login to Ticketmaster during the public sale to grab some extra pairs to offer up here at face. It managed to get quite a few tickets into the hands of Pit members (and I am proud to say I did my part and really felt good being able to help someone else out).

Obviously, the argument against is that you may be competing with others who are genuinely trying to get their tix, but at least you are keeping them out of the hands of the scalpers...thoughts???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    mjb wrote:
    Not sure what the consensus on this was from the last go around, but on the West coast a few board members (who either already had tickets or lived in different cities) decided to login to Ticketmaster during the public sale to grab some extra pairs to offer up here at face. It managed to get quite a few tickets into the hands of Pit members (and I am proud to say I did my part and really felt good being able to help someone else out).

Obviously, the argument against is that you may be competing with others who are genuinely trying to get their tix, but at least you are keeping them out of the hands of the scalpers...thoughts???
    Most scalpers already have theirs.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    I am all for any effort that allows each of us an opportunity to live the dream.

And on that note, if anyone has any inside tips for getting through on the line tomorrow, please share as my anxiety grows.

godspeed to all.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.