Options

Please Dont hate me. I have 2 MSG

THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,693
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I have 2 MSG2 tickets and Im not 100% sure I can get to NYC. I live in Denver and may have some work problems. Im not sure cause I dont sit on this message board all day but can we transfer these tixs to another 10 clubber for cost? Im just wondering and have not made any final decisions yet. Can someone help me out? I would really hate to miss this concert.....PJ in NYC is my dream.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Sorry you can't go... I'm pretty sure you can in your case, have you got someone to transfer them to? I have a good friend who came all the way from Australia to see them and he has no MSG tickets
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I have 2 MSG2 tickets and Im not 100% sure I can get to NYC. I live in Denver and may have some work problems. Im not sure cause I dont sit on this message board all day but can we transfer these tixs to another 10 clubber for cost? Im just wondering and have not made any final decisions yet. Can someone help me out? I would really hate to miss this concert.....PJ in NYC is my dream.

send an email to tickets@tenclub.net

Best you can do is try.

You could call too: 1.800.724.8038
    Just me
  • Options
    people have tried and this time it seems as though they really mean "no transfers." good luck--i really hope those seats go to someone that was shut out.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Keep trying with them. I find it hard to believe they will let seats in the 10c section just be empty.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Flagg wrote:
    Keep trying with them. I find it hard to believe they will let seats in the 10c section just be empty.

They will just give them out a half hour before the opening band hits the stage. That's what they did at Ed solo shows. If you have 10 Club tickets, make sure you pick them up early. It sucks that they did this without notifying people in the emails they sent out, even though it was mentioned for earlier shows.

I don't think they will let you, because I thought I might not be able to make Berkeley one and I called them to ask if I could transfer them to the 10 Club member who I was selling my other ticket to and they said no.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Flagg wrote:
    I kind of like the 'No Transfers' policy the Ten/VHC has in place. It makes you think... before you buy.
    Example: What keeps a guy like me... 139,000... well funded vacation account... from buying up tickets in other cities... just in case I decide to go?
    What keeps me from buying 'em all up if I knew I could simply transfer them to someone else and restore my vacation fund?
    Losing the cost of the tickets. That should be a just penalty I'd have to pay for my impulse buying... and taking away tickets from people in those other cities from getting them for their home towns. Teach me to use a little restraint and curb my impulses so it does not happen again.
    As for the 'empty seats'... give them to anyone who is still standing outside without a ticket... hoping for a miracle... 3 songs into the set.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I kind of like the 'No Transfers' policy the Ten/VHC has in place. It makes you think... before you buy.
    Example: What keeps a guy like me... 139,000... well funded vacation account... from buying up tickets in other cities... just in case I decide to go?
    What keeps me from buying 'em all up if I knew I could simply transfer them to someone else and restore my vacation fund?
    Losing the cost of the tickets. That should be a just penalty I'd have to pay for my impulse buying... and taking away tickets from people in those other cities from getting them for their home towns. Teach me to use a little restraint and curb my impulses so it does not happen again.
    As for the 'empty seats'... give them to anyone who is still standing outside without a ticket... hoping for a miracle... 3 songs into the set.

Good point. I bet that figured into them having this policy since so many people travel far to see the band. They want to make sure those who do actually will go to the show or risk being out the money.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

Yeah but what if you bought tickets and you knew for sure you were going to go but then your mom died like 2 days before you were supposed to leave or you had some problems with customs (you know how americans are nowadays) would 10c be totally insensitive to your situation and be like sorry no dice you paid you have to go, no transfers, no refunds etc etc??? I dont think so, there is exceptions to every rule, plus if you did that just "in case" then youre pretty big dick, its not 10c fault your a douche, not saying you are, just saying someone who would do that is.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Yeah but what if you bought tickets and you knew for sure you were going to go but then your mom died like 2 days before you were supposed to leave or you had some problems with customs (you know how americans are nowadays) would 10c be totally insensitive to your situation and be like sorry no dice you paid you have to go, no transfers, no refunds etc etc??? I dont think so, there is exceptions to every rule, plus if you did that just "in case" then youre pretty big dick, its not 10c fault your a douche, not saying you are, just saying someone who would do that is.

its true.
    like one of my jobs i work in a baby department, there have been instances that someone will bring back a stroller or swing or playpen etc. a couple months after the return policy has lapsed, because they've had a miscarriage. now, they could be lying, just to get around the system, but why question it? i just give them the benefit of the doubt - if something did happen i'd feel terrible. and if they're lying, then i figure they have what's coming to them, making up a terrible lie like that.

sometimes you have to be a human and bend the rules a bit.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I'm looking for MSG2 tickets.

Please think of me if you decide to try the transfer route. We'll be in town w/ 10C tix for the 1st show on the 24th and would love to score the same for the 25th.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    I still don't see the problem with transferring to another 10c member for face value. Win-win.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    They will just give them out a half hour before the opening band hits the stage. That's what they did at Ed solo shows. If you have 10 Club tickets, make sure you pick them up early. It sucks that they did this without notifying people in the emails they sent out, even though it was mentioned for earlier shows.

I don't think they will let you, because I thought I might not be able to make Berkeley one and I called them to ask if I could transfer them to the 10 Club member who I was selling my other ticket to and they said no.

Wow, half hour before the opening band? That's lame!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I still don't see the problem with transferring to another 10c member for face value. Win-win.

i think their issue with it is say fan A has a number of 75xxx and fan B has a number of 400xxx fan B says are you gonna be there ??? Fa A says no but ILl juts buy them and transfer them into your name then you could get the good seats... Now i dont see a problem with this, I think its totally cool but the self-righteous snotty 10c members who think they're the greatest fans in the world and no one but them should have the seats in the first 5 rows for every show would bitch and fucking whine til the end of time so they juts avoided the whole shit scene altogether this time around I assume so they dont have to listen to said snots bitch and moan.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Wow, half hour before the opening band? That's lame!

I agree. I went to Santa Cruz and I think I read on here after that people were being handed ticketsthat weren't picked up. Then I went to Berkeley 1 and I was talking with a guy who told me 10 Club was handing out tickets that had not been picked up by a half hour before the show. I told him I would be pissed if my ticket had been handed out. I do remember on other tours the email sent out said tickets can be picked up until a half hour after Pearl Jam takes the stage. I don't know why they changed the policy or why they didn't let anyone know. To be fair, I did hear it all second hand so who knows, but I do know a lot of people were handed tickets at Ed solo shows better than the tickets they had.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Then how did i still get my 10C tickets at San Diego 2, when Liam Finn only had 2 songs left?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    i think their issue with it is say fan A has a number of 75xxx and fan B has a number of 400xxx fan B says are you gonna be there ??? Fa A says no but ILl juts buy them and transfer them into your name then you could get the good seats... Now i dont see a problem with this, I think its totally cool but the self-righteous snotty 10c members who think they're the greatest fans in the world and no one but them should have the seats in the first 5 rows for every show would bitch and fucking whine til the end of time so they juts avoided the whole shit scene altogether this time around I assume so they dont have to listen to said snots bitch and moan.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. That could be considered abuse of the system. But for a legitimate reason, I don't see why fans have a problem.

I guess I like it because it worked for me with the Ottawa show. I didn't buy tickets because I didn't think I could go. Then I found out I would be in town that day. Then closer to the show, a 10c member posted online about how he lost his job, or got transfered or something and he couldn't make it. We PM'd each other, contacted 10C, got the OK, I paypal-ed him, done deal. And it wasn't like I benefited that much. My number is 262xxx and his was like 201,xxx.

On the whole, I agree though. You shouldn't buy unless you are sure you are going. Things come up though.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Cosmo wrote:

Cosmo, always the voice of reason around here :)

but he's absolutely right. And when they say no transfers, why is it that people think it is wrong when they stand by what they said

no transfers means no transfers

it's unfortunate when something comes up and someone may not be able to make a show for one reason or another, but that doesn't mean that the 10club has to bail them out
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    They will just give them out a half hour before the opening band hits the stage. That's what they did at Ed solo shows.

I don't think they get rid of them that early for most shows. in 06 we just picked them up when we got there, which wasn't long before showtime.
  • Options

I wouldn't have a problem with this if it happened every now and then. but if transfers were allowed it would probably happen ALL the time, so the whole point would be lost.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    There's a guy at work that must have had about 14 grandmothers because he has taken off work for about 14 grandmother's funerals. I see your point of a 'Case by case' evaluation... but, the fact remains... people lie.
    And trust me... if there was a liberal transfer policy... people would buy up a pair for every show, if they knew they could, at least, break even in the deal.
    Finally, if your Mom died... the LAST thing on your mind should be transferring a pair of concert tickets. What kind of son worries about a couple of hundred bucks... WHEN THEIR MOM HAS JUST DIED???
    I say, leave the policy in place... mostly because... people lie.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!