Options

10c ticket question - Am I out of luck?

PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I just found out I have a wedding to go to on Friday June 20th, and will not be able to use my 10c tickets for the Camden II. I see that it says all sales final and that there are no transfers or refunds allowed.

Has anyone ever run into this situation, and if so, is there anyway to remedy it, or am I out $150?
"If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Well, first email the 10c and see what they tell you. From what I understand they are often pretty understanding about these types of situations.

If they're not understanding, you can generally pick 10c tickets as early as noon on the day of the show, so if you have time, you could arrange to meet someone at 12 at the venue, and sell the tickets to them (for face) right there, and go to the wedding.

Sorry you have to miss this show, but good luck figuring this out.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll send them an email. Not sure if I am going to be able to get down there the day of the show, but that may be an option.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll send them an email. Not sure if I am going to be able to get down there the day of the show, but that may be an option.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    PJSerf wrote:

If you can get down there, it should definitely work. I had 10c tickets to E Rutherford in 06, but found out later I couldn't make the show, and that's how I got rid of them.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    I have been trying desperately to score good seats to the Camden show (or MSG). After calling 10C, let me know what happens. I will do anything I can to help you out and maybe get the tickets. I am not a 10C member (don't ask), but am a huge PJ head.

Thanks!
  • Options
    loladog1loladog1 Posts: 89
    Email or call 10c....I think they'll be understanding of the issue. Ask them if you could transfer the tix to another 10c member. Good Luck!
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Rickyrick6 wrote:
    Email or call 10c....I think they'll be understanding of the issue. Ask them if you could transfer the tix to another 10c member. Good Luck!

exactly.

i know they always say 'no transfers'...and sure, try to abide that b/c it IS more work for them, etc. however, i know in the past they HAVE done so for many with such extenuating circumstances, and certainly, a wedding is one of em....and laso easy enough to buy tix and THEN get an invitation. definitely email 10c, i would think they could help you out and merely transfer the tix to another 10c member, no need to go and pick em up.

that said nice! another june 20th wedding. :) we'll be celebrating our 16th anniversary that day. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i never understood the whole "no transfer" thing..

I am sure there is a good reason for it... maybe a membership thing?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    i never understood the whole "no transfer" thing..

I am sure there is a good reason for it... maybe a membership thing?
    exactly...if transfer were allowed easily, I could have bought all my tickets in my low-5-digits friend's name whose not going to any shows this year and then transfer them to my name :D

but they have done so in the past when they could tell it was genuine.
    From what I heard, last year though, they did refunds and resells (that's why Wembley for example kept on popping back in stock randomly) rather than transfers.

Don't know what they'll do this year but it's stupid to have empty seats when some people are looking for tickets..
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I was able to transfer my europe tickets last time...I know the EV tickets were completely non-transferable though...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    How do transfers work? Do they transfer the tickets and the credit card charge, or just the tickets? How do you ask them, like do you need to have someone else's info in the email request?
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    How do transfers work? Do they transfer the tickets and the credit card charge, or just the tickets? How do you ask them, like do you need to have someone else's info in the email request?

They change the name on the tickets, but you are responsible for getting your money from whoever you're transferring your tickets to. You have to give the 10C the other member's 10C number and maybe address (I don't remember...)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Their response was no. Now to come up with other arrangements...
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    PJSerf wrote:
    Their response was no. Now to come up with other arrangements...
    That sucks man i know u have a better # then me too wish i could have them
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Looks like you'll have to skip the wedding! I'd skip one any day to see Pearl Jam. And my friends and family would totally understand. :)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    That sucks man i know u have a better # then me too wish i could have them

Yeah, looks like someone will have two empty seats next to them. If only I would have gotten the wedding invite a little earlier.
  • Options
    Looks like you'll have to skip the wedding! I'd skip one any day to see Pearl Jam. And my friends and family would totally understand. :)

Ha. I would consider that, but I am going to the Camden show the night before, as well as the D.C. show, so I can skip one show to have some fun with family and friends.
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    Yeah, looks like someone will have two empty seats next to them. If only I would have gotten the wedding invite a little earlier.

I hope you're talking about two empty seats at the wedding.....

I wasted a big trip this summer to go to my best friend's wedding... 6 months later and she's "over" it and is getting divorced.
    Go to Pearl jam!
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    Ha. I would consider that, but I am going to the Camden show the night before, as well as the D.C. show, so I can skip one show to have some fun with family and friends.

Oh well lucky you. :) I can understand but I'd still skip the wedding...haha