Nardwuar vs. Eddie Vedder

Random_HeroRandom_Hero Posts: 380
edited February 2008 in The Porch
So for most of the Canadians on here who are familiar with our national treasure known as Nardwuar "the Human Serviette" and those of you who may not be familiar with him.....

http://www.nardwuar.com

He is know for having some of the most bizarre and informative interviews of all time, on radio and TV for much music. He has interviewed the likes of Michael Moore, Nirvana, Mudhoney, David Cross, Ian Mackaye, Glen Danzig, Josh Homme (qotsa), Henry Rollins..... the list is endless, just check out his site and spend hours listening to these interviews, and you wont be let down.

Anyways..... Seeing as Mr. Vedder is starting his tour off in Vancouver, and Nardwuar is from Van city, I was thinking about how awesome it would be if they were to have a chance to sit down and do an interview. I know that Ed has always shyed away from interviews but recently in as many years, he has started to do more and more.... so if anyone reads this and can some how makes this interview happen it would amazing, and I think Nardwuar would be able to bring out a side of Ed that no one has seen... well since the interview Ed did with Janeane Gaofalo all those years ago, were he confessed his love for her!

Any thoughts? or do most people actually find Nardwuar too annoying?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Nardwuar is the most informative reporter. He also does lots of research and asks some really interesting questions. I think it would be awesome if Ed let him interview him. Although I don't see it happening.
    Do Do Da Lo Do
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831
    that would be pretty cool..is interviews are pretty funny.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • i met nardwuar outside a new pronographers show once...he was a freak...so funny....his band the evaporators are a local treasure, but suck.

an ed interview would be great

this is nardwaurs trademark sign off, he says:

doot doodle oot doot

and then the guest gets to end with whatever they say but most say:

doot doot
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • I have never heard of this fellow
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Nardwuar is a total nut but asks good questions.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Nardwuar is awesome because, like you mentioned, he knows exactly what he is talking about (because he usually LOVES the bands he interviews!). Also, because he's so weird, people seem to really let go and get into the questions they're being asked.
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    I have never heard of this fellow
    You've never seen him on muchmusic ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I think Ed would get a kick out of Nardwuar!