Options

15 dusseldorf posters on EB since friday.

dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
edited March 2008 in The Porch
come on 10c not for resale means not for resale,find these flippers and ban them from future poster sales,moan over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    Nothing against trading, though. Most of these are for trades. Hey, I need one myself.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    do you people just search on ebay for shit to bitch about?

get over it
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options

get over it

its a legit thing for people to be upset about dude
    10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/27/06 6/01/06
    8/5/07
    6/17/08 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316

get over it
    EB=ExpressoBeans.com NOT ebay
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    i am just saying that everyday there are multiple threads about people complaining about what is up for sale that day on eBay. it's a fact of life. people are going to have to learn to live with it.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    i am just saying that everyday there are multiple threads about people complaining about what is up for sale that day on eBay. it's a fact of life. people are going to have to learn to live with it.
    Some people are just so stupid. It's the fact that the 10c says no resales that has people upset. Alot of us would like to have bought a poster for ourselves yet obviously several flippers beat us to the punch. I really don't care all that much myself if I got one it would be hung with tacks. It's a fact of life that people are willing to pay so much over the original cost that is truly moronic.
    #FHP
  • Options
    I hate this system also. It rewards the wrong people. I guarantee people are using programs to get a poster the second it comes up (the ebay jerks).
    On friday i clicked buy as soon as dusseldorf came up and said out of stock. I'm still mad.
    It just seems like there could be a better way to reward the people who actually like the band and the art. not the profiteers.
    I paid $200 for a book for fucks sake, you think i'd have a chance at a dusseldorf(One of my fav. all time posters).
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    if it makes some of us feel better, ebay has cancelled at least 1 if not more than 1 auction for trying to sell Duss - its like it never existed there. I assume the seller is suspended.
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Interesting...I wonder on what basis ebay can cancel them? What real "proof" does anyone have that the seller didn't get it at the venue or something? Maybe 10c should stamp the back of prints we buy from the site "NOT FOR RESALE" or something - Ideally they could put the 10c number of the buyer on it or something so they can be reported if they are selling prints. The "first click" system just doesn't seem to work. Maybe everyone interested (although this would take forever and people would bitch that it ruins the print) - in posters (and maybe even show tickets) should have a window to "opt it", give their CCard numbers and the 10c could randomize it.
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:
    if it makes some of us feel better, ebay has cancelled at least 1 if not more than 1 auction for trying to sell Duss - its like it never existed there. I assume the seller is suspended.
    wonder why its not like ebay has a conscience,people gotta be selling em before they got em.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    come on 10c not for resale means not for resale,find these flippers and ban them from future poster sales,moan over.
    wow you seem to be the expert in telling others what their job is.

AWESOME
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    I hate this system also. It rewards the wrong people. I guarantee people are using programs to get a poster the second it comes up
    wow um yea its called a t-1 line
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Is being a dickhead one of the qualifications for joining tenclub?I wonder why they even bother with it sometimes considering how many fans get ripped off on merchandise and tickets by greedy bastards masquerading as fans.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Carlos D wrote:
    Is being a dickhead one of the qualifications for joining tenclub?I wonder why they even bother with it sometimes considering how many fans get ripped off on merchandise and tickets by greedy bastards masquerading as fans.
    true
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Yeah but this isn't one of them....get over it :D
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    it is a FACT...

that 99% of the people on this board who buy posters....

are fucking FLIPPERS....

whats the big deal???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    OrangeBugOrangeBug Denver Posts: 182
    If anything, the 10C sale is going to help bring down the prices in the secondary market. So, if you got shut out of the sale wait a couple weeks and you will most likely get one for half the price they are going for now. The last VIC poster sold for $37 on eBay. The average price for that poster was over $100.
    ... are we going to the same place?
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    mjb wrote:
    Interesting...I wonder on what basis ebay can cancel them? What real "proof" does anyone have that the seller didn't get it at the venue or something? Maybe 10c should stamp the back of prints we buy from the site "NOT FOR RESALE" or something - Ideally they could put the 10c number of the buyer on it or something so they can be reported if they are selling prints. The "first click" system just doesn't seem to work. Maybe everyone interested (although this would take forever and people would bitch that it ruins the print) - in posters (and maybe even show tickets) should have a window to "opt it", give their CCard numbers and the 10c could randomize it.

That is the only way to stamp it and they could be reported but that may decrease teh value of the poster by marking it but i guess if u will never sell it then it wouldnt matter very good idea though
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wow um yea its called a t-1 line

So everybody on the board is running fiber optic connections?
    Wow yourself
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    mjb wrote:

the stamping thing is a good idea but what about people who buy them to trade them or end up trading them in the future. i know i might not want to trade with someone who has a "not for resale" print. seems to create just as many if not more problems lol.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    where can i get a poster from Webley 07 ??
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,564
    OrangeBug wrote:
    If anything, the 10C sale is going to help bring down the prices in the secondary market. So, if you got shut out of the sale wait a couple weeks and you will most likely get one for half the price they are going for now. The last VIC poster sold for $37 on eBay. The average price for that poster was over $100.

There are alot more people wanting the dusseldorf than the vic, so I dont see this happening.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    EB=ExpressoBeans.com NOT ebay

exactly.

and, as already mentioned....trading = A-OK!
    besides which, while it may be stated 'not for resale'...there is absolutely NO listed repercussions for reselling, anywhere. obviously, it is considered poor form, based on the honor system, etc. thing of it is though, quite honestly....i don't see the point. if someone buys a poster at a show for $25 they are well within their rights to resell it on ebay or wherever for whatever price the market is willing to bear. so i personally see no difference with that from buying direct thru 10c. same difference in my mind, but whatever.

also, i don't truly understand why EB is lauded and ebay vilified. i have bought posters thru both and i will tell you this - i got a BETTER deal on every poster i bought thru ebay than thru EB. and there are more *protections* in place, for both buyer/seller thru ebay. sure, eB...all "fans"....perhaps. and honestly, i am not being down on EB, i willingly paid what i paid, had smooth transactions, etc...all nice people i dealt with, etc. just ebay if you really watch and shop...you can find better deals. so yea, i just don't get the bruhaha over reselling. tis life. whether pj posters, van gogh paintings, smurfs, beanie babies...whatever. :p

if it weren't for a secondary market, i'd not be able to complete my poster collection. it is what it is. also, some people like to buy posters for shows they HAVEN'T attended, a secondary market - or a good friend who might be able to pick one up for you - may be the only ways to do so. i am HAPPY there is EB, ebay, etc. only once have i ever arranged a *trade*...which ultimately never happened for very tragic reasons. otherwise, i find trading a FAR bigger leap of faith, and unless i truly *know* someone, i just don't trust total strangers enough in that way, not even pj fans. but that's just me.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    other than it being a condition of your membership
    the 10 has no right to tell you what to do with your personal property

they can revoke your membership and ban you from 10c sales, but thats it.

in some cases it might be easy to determine who the seller is, especially by asking Ebay, but if a poster is being sold through an account that does not in any way link to a 10 c member, there is not a damn thing they can do about it.

Im sure they have nothing better to do anyway.

c'est la vie-the wonders of a free market.

Ive only had to pay big dollars for two posters 98 MSG and the 05 borgata, the rest have found their way to my house fairly reasonably
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Get_Right wrote:
    other than it being a condition of your membership
    the 10 has no right to tell you what to do with your personal property

they can revoke your membership and ban you from 10c sales, but thats it.

in some cases it might be easy to determine who the seller is, especially by asking Ebay, but if a poster is being sold through an account that does not in any way link to a 10 c member, there is not a damn thing they can do about it.

Im sure they have nothing better to do anyway.

c'est la vie-the wonders of a free market.

Ive only had to pay big dollars for two posters 98 MSG and the 05 borgata, the rest have found their way to my house fairly reasonably

and even with that, doesn't mean anything. i have in my possession TWO identical posters. one can purchase from a show AND 10c. i have, i am sure others have. and if anyone balks, i did so for a trade...and for a friend, just like the numerous times i've bought posters at shows for firends before i started collecting. bottomline, there really is no way to *prove* anyone is actually selling a poster they bought thru 10c, sans them stamping them as suggested earlier or something along that lines. honestly, as mentioned, i don't even understand why they bother saying 'not for resale' for all the reasons i listed earlier, but...c'est la vie indeed!

i've only paid *big* for one poster, msg2003...and totally worth it. sure, i've overpaid on MANY but nothing else truly *big* to me, but so it goes, eh? supply/demand all that economic good stuff. no regrets. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow