Options

Best Alive where EVERYONE sings along.....

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I was listening to San Diego 2006 and got to Alive.....wow EVERYONE is pumped for that. Such a great version. I also have Philly 2005. Whats another one wehre the crowd overpowers Ed?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Boston 2 06. i think mike puts a little War Pigs in there too. i might be thinking of another one.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Vancouver 2005 - it was actually louder than Gorge 2006...more unity also...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    My favorite versions of Alive are from South America. God, those people are intense!
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    When Ed came back for the encore the chorus was still being sung...it gave me the chills
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Reading 06... made Ed cry :o
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    Boston 2 06. i think mike puts a little War Pigs in there too. i might be thinking of another one.
    Boston 1 06 was crazy! The whole place was into that song. Jeremy is even better at that show!
  • Options
    Dublin 06-look it up on you tube,cant hear ed.
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    I would like to post the version of every show that I've been to aswell.
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Any version pre-1993. Alive should've been retired after that time. Every version I've heard since then is weak.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    Lolla 07 was great, especially when he came out after the encore and sang the im still alive part with the whole crowd that was chanting it!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    godpt3 wrote:
    Any version pre-1993. Alive should've been retired after that time. Every version I've heard since then is weak.

I'm hoping thats a sarcastic comment?

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    I agree Lolla 07' when the band came back on from encore and the crowd was still chanting "ooohhh I'm still alive" and Ed came back out and paused and you could tell he was just hit with chills and started chanting back with the crowd. That was so amazing to be a part of.
  • Options
    Toronto 2 06
    At the end of Alive Ed says "What a great way to make a living".
    The whole show has lots of sing alongs(check Even Flow) so much so I had no voice for two days after.
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
  • Options
    wma11 wrote:
    When Ed came back for the encore the chorus was still being sung...it gave me the chills
    I agree Lolla 07' when the band came back on from encore and the crowd was still chanting "ooohhh I'm still alive" and Ed came back out and paused and you could tell he was just hit with chills and started chanting back with the crowd. That was so amazing to be a part of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0lUDuWcn28
  • Options
    I actually found that one embarrassing...as in: Alive was the only song most of the people there actually knew :rolleyes:
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    I like the Philly 05 version. Crazy scream at the end.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I actually found that one embarrassing...as in: Alive was the only song most of the people there actually knew :rolleyes:

Wow.....I felt the complete opposite being there. Everyone loved Alive, and the band that night.....the FANS in the front were the ones who started the chant (aka PJ fans) and everyone else followed. It was amazing to be part of that..

oh, and they sang-along to quite a few songs that night, not just Alive.
  • Options
    that was my favorite part of the lolla show.
  • Options
    Wow.....I felt the complete opposite being there. Everyone loved Alive, and the band that night.....the FANS in the front were the ones who started the chant (aka PJ fans) and everyone else followed. It was amazing to be part of that..

oh, and they sang-along to quite a few songs that night, not just Alive.
    I was there, and at the front..didn't feel it started from there..and compare to Europe (or the SA ones I heard), the singing wasn't that good.. let alone the moving :p
  • Options
    I'm from the states....that's pretty damn good for us during an encore.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    when i watched the vid and listen to the boot of lolla it seems like the crowd sounded quieter in the audio, as in.. i think we were louder than what it portrayed.

i loved the alive chant at lolla :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

Well if that was the only song most people knew, then having 10s of thousands of people singing is a pretty amazing thing. How can you deny how cool it was when they walked off and the crowd kepts singing that part? I've been to ten Pearl Jam shows, I know that is not a lot compared to others but I do know what a regular show is like and even if this was a festival it was a fucking awesome night. I was in the front and everyone around me knew most of the words to every song. Get off of my cloud.
  • Options
    Boston 2 in 2003...amazing.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    cincy 2006.....

one hell of a version.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Boston 2 in 2003...amazing.

Concur. I love this version. Absolutey amazing!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    msg II 9/11/1998
    actually the whole show not just alive (where he proceeds to climb the mic cable he looped over the lighting)
    best show ever!
    at least that ive been too...
    Cockonastick
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    because of the small room,

i would suggest the version from the Borgata Atlantic City , Saturday ( the 2nd ) show in 2005.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    come on people msg 7/9/03
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06