Options

Mansfield 7-11-03

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited March 2008 in The Porch
listening to this for the 1,000 time....God I wish I was at that show!!!!!!! those of you who were there are some very fortunate people.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    yeah that was a great day in pj history and today i was looking at that boot when i realized that i lost the cd cover for the 7/2/03 show .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    At 45 songs, in both number of songs and length of the show, this is the longest Pearl Jam show ever, surpassing the 5/3/03 - State College, Pennsylvania.
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    locked wrote:
    At 45 songs, in both number of songs and length of the show, this is the longest Pearl Jam show ever, surpassing the 5/3/03 - State College, Pennsylvania.

i would agree but PENN STATE was a show from start to finish with no brakes in between i know i'm picky ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    What a fantastic show. Just listen to this from start to finish. It's like a religious experience, you'll never have to go to church again!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    The pre-set alone was absurd, let alone knowing you had a full show awaiting when it was over. Glad I was there. Great seats too :)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I think the wierdest part of that show was that it wasnt sold out. the row i sat in was 2/3rds empty. i had 4 empty seats to my right, so my group just spread out. an amazing show, especially since that tour was the first tour i saw them, albany then 2 msg's then that show...never forget those few months
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,645
    jamhead331 wrote:
    I think the wierdest part of that show was that it wasnt sold out. the row i sat in was 2/3rds empty. i had 4 empty seats to my right, so my group just spread out. an amazing show, especially since that tour was the first tour i saw them, albany then 2 msg's then that show...never forget those few months

Sometimes people with seats head to the "lawn" to hang wth friends instead of their seats - I've done it before. But not that show - front row center for me - thank you Mr. Scalper!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    When I first heard this show, I got goosebumps, especially after hearing "Indifference." That song is probably one of the best on the entire album. But on a different note, can anyone tell me where I can download the '03 NYC show? I had it on my iPod, bun when I left in on the school bus, and someone STOLE it :-(, I sub sequentially don't have it anymore. That's another great show. Keep on Rockin' in the Free World, Peace!!

-paracefan2002
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
    it wasnt better than cincy..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    When I first heard this show, I got goosebumps, especially after hearing "Indifference." That song is probably one of the best on the entire album. But on a different note, can anyone tell me where I can download the '03 NYC show? I had it on my iPod, bun when I left in on the school bus, and someone STOLE it :-(, I sub sequentially don't have it anymore. That's another great show. Keep on Rockin' in the Free World, Peace!!

-paracefan2002

Hmm, well the MSG shows have been released, via Sony, into stores... so I'm sure that TECHNICALLY you nobody should be allowed to just share those shows, etc., etc. However, I'm sure the band could care less, and I for one think that the amount the label tacks on is absolutely fucking absurd, especially when you consider what the Ten Club charged for those shows (12.99 for TC members, 14.99 for everyone else), which included the shoddy MP3 download, plus the actual mastered discs later. I've seen the MSG night 1 and Boston III shows for as much as approx. $50 in stores before. Fucking ridiculous. Sure, that's partially the stores fault, but at least one of these stores was the same place I've seen the 2000 boots for like $23.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    Sometimes people with seats head to the "lawn" to hang wth friends instead of their seats - I've done it before. But not that show - front row center for me - thank you Mr. Scalper!

The show WAS sold out, i know this because i was at the Tweeter center at 7am to wait in line for when they released more seats. I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to get last row of pavillion seats. And like others, i opted to just go hang out on the lawn with friends.
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    That show was great until the end. A terrible car crash like sound was coming from the PA. Did anyone hear that? Oh wait that was Corin Tucker. That put a huge damper on that show for me. That show was AMAZING but it could've been legendary. I've seen PJ 30 times and that show ranks up there but I thought there were a couple nights in Boston that were better. I know it's been said a million times but MSG 03 night 1 was so much better. Boston 3 is a fantastic show though. Sleight of hand from Boston 3 is the greatest song I have ever seen live. I really didn't even like it at the time but by the end I was hooked.
  • Options
    SOLAT6SOLAT6 Posts: 7
    Qball wrote:
    That show was great until the end. A terrible car crash like sound was coming from the PA. Did anyone hear that? Oh wait that was Corin Tucker. That put a huge damper on that show for me. That show was AMAZING but it could've been legendary. I've seen PJ 30 times and that show ranks up there but I thought there were a couple nights in Boston that were better. I know it's been said a million times but MSG 03 night 1 was so much better. Boston 3 is a fantastic show though. Sleight of hand from Boston 3 is the greatest song I have ever seen live. I really didn't even like it at the time but by the end I was hooked.

This guy is an idiot. Sleater-Kinney rocks! How good was fortunate son? Did they do Hunger Strike too?
    9/15/98, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/2/06
  • Options
    nz_spannanz_spanna Posts: 74
    Qball wrote:

Dude, TOTALLY agree with you about Sleater Kinney - that screeching she tries to pass off as singing semi-killed the show for me too.

This show was great - almost didn't make it because I had a bag with me and no car to leave it in (bummed rides to and from the show from complete strangers. Board members at the time, but strangers nonetheless).
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    SOLAT6 wrote:
    This guy is an idiot. Sleater-Kinney rocks! How good was fortunate son? Did they do Hunger Strike too?
    Murry, is that you? Hows your stuwinski?
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Qball wrote:

I bought the boot of Mansfield and was delighted to see Fortunate son on the setlist...... until I heard Corin Tucker ruin it!!
    IMO!!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    True story. Not one of her better performances.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    locked wrote:

if you are quoting wiki, say you are quoting wiki dont use it as your own.

dont forget that arc was also played at this show, just to add to the greatness of this one.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I bought the boot of Mansfield and was delighted to see Fortunate son on the setlist...... until I heard Corin Tucker ruin it!!
    IMO!!!

true...as much as it is my fave boot and show I was NOT at, I must admit I skip the songs that she participates in. It killed it for me as well. I know everyone has their own opinions, but it truly shocks me that anyone likes her voice.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,405
    I need to buy me another copy.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    I just cannot get past the pre set
    Mark richards recomended me the boot. bloody brilliant.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    jamhead331 wrote:
    I think the wierdest part of that show was that it wasnt sold out. the row i sat in was 2/3rds empty. i had 4 empty seats to my right, so my group just spread out.
    Unbelievable...seating at shows, empty seats...and you get 45 songs...
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    i like parting ways at preset

in main set: u and know your rights
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach