Options

10Club, you broke my heart

leopattieleopattie Posts: 22
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Ok, I was logged in and ready to go... finally at 10:02 the ticket logo came up and I was able to get my pair of Berkeley tickets, into my cart they went! I go to checkout, computer running so slowwwwww... but it shows the tickets in my cart and then gives me "step 1 of 3: address confirmation"... ok, ok things still running SLOW but then I hit confirm/checkout and that's when it all starts completely going to hell. "An unexpected error has occurred" message isn't so bad but now all I'm getting is that the Server is temporarily unavailable. Crap, I'm still trying (repeatedly!!!) but it's 10:30 so it's probably all over.
7/92 Lollapalooza
10/94 Bridge School
6/95 SF
11/95 San Jose
10/96 Bridge School
11/97 Oakland
10/00 SF
6/03 SF
6/03 Vegas
10/03 Bridge School
10/04 Bridge School
9/05 Vancouver
7/15/06 SF
7/22/06 Gorge
It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive - Springsteen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    keep trying, refresh refresh refresh
  • Options
    EXACT thing happened to me. had the berkeley tix, put in my card info, bam. unexpected error. i feel like crying. does temporarily out of stock mean its over?
  • Options
    Don't give up! Keep trying, I just got mine about 20 minutes ago!
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    me as well.major drag
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    keep trying. i did not get my berkeley tickets until close to 11. check your email too. i got 'unexpected error' when submitting my credit card info. first time nothing happened. the second time it did actually go through.
  • Options
    If I've learned one thing about these things is you have to be patient and keep trying until Santos throws in the towel. I had tix in my hands a few times, entered the ccard and everything only to get the "unexpected error" message. I kept at it and got my tix. It's not the best system but if you are committed you've got a good shot.
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    I have a feeling this happened to everyone.

Anyone else miss the index card/money order method from the '03 tour? Sometimes technology screws things to hell.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Anyone else miss the index card/money order method from the '03 tour? Sometimes technology screws things to hell.

YES. that was my big complaint with the '06 tour. call me old-fashioned, but i much prefer the old method!
  • Options
    Got my Berkeleys at 11:40 or so keep trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549

It's sad that we pay MORE dues and 10C has MORE staff, yet the service we get when it comes to tickets has slowly been declining in quality.

And I don't even have an interest in buying tickets for Ed solo shows...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I get it that shows sell out. But it's bullshit to get all the way to putting in your credit card number and getting an error message so you don't get tickets. Can't they fix this?
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 442
    Enkidu wrote:
    I get it that shows sell out. But it's bullshit to get all the way to putting in your credit card number and getting an error message so you don't get tickets. Can't they fix this?

I agree, I was fortunate to get second day tickets for LA but when I first got in I had them for both and this happened. I will do what I can on Friday and be hopeful that I can get some through TM.
  • Options

Man, I'm with you. But, remember when that seemed like a bitch. I just found out that the last Ticketmaster in my area (Frederick, MD) is gone. This ticket outlet was the best kept secret and at least 3 times, I was the first one in line 20 minutes before tickets went on sale for PJ and other shows and got primo seats. Now, I'm with the rest of the 21st century, having to go online and I HAVE DIALUP - - AARRGGGGGHHH!!! I was devastated to hear the news on Friday. I hate modern technology.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    GrrrleGrrrle Posts: 27
    my hearts been broken too...i had the same issue i had the tickets and i was waiting for the screen to go to the credit card info but in stead i got proxy error...that was at 10:01. and when i finally was able to get on the tenclub site the tickets are sold out and i have nothing in my shopping cart. I feel cheated!
    "I think war is a dangerous place."— George W. Bush Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003
  • Options
    Seriously. Some kind of roller coaster morning. In the end, for us, this time: all's well. Going to Vancouver. Got the the tickets around 10:35 after initially getting shut out on step 3 of 3 in the check-out process. Doesn't help that my own home network crapped out this morning around 9:30...finally back online around 9:52... (forgive the lack of personal pronouns and possibly prepositions)

Switching profiles (my husband and I both have memberships), I saw there was still a pair available a few minutes later, but thought I'd rather see someone else who's been agonizing in line end up with them rather than my kids ... it will be fun to have a get away without them anyway. :)
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Zod wrote:
    that being said around 10:30 i got a pair of vancouver tickets in my cart, and when i submitted my credit card info, i got unexpected error as well, and they dissappeared from my card.* However a few minutes later i got an email confirming my order was recived, and looking now the order is in my profile!
    same, except I haven't received the email or the profile...........
  • Options
    Well peeps, I DID "keep trying" all the way until I got the out of stock message on the tickets. On three - count 'em, THREE - separate occasions I got all the way to submitting my credit card number but each time it kicked me back out with that dammned "an unexpected error has occurred"...

Unexpected error, my ass.

Since there were no more tickets, I finally called my credit card company and, guess what? There were three "authorizations" given to 10Club, but not tickets for me, no tickets in my profile, just me: sad, sad, sad.
    7/92 Lollapalooza
    10/94 Bridge School
    6/95 SF
    11/95 San Jose
    10/96 Bridge School
    11/97 Oakland
    10/00 SF
    6/03 SF
    6/03 Vegas
    10/03 Bridge School
    10/04 Bridge School
    9/05 Vancouver
    7/15/06 SF
    7/22/06 Gorge
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive - Springsteen
  • Options
    leopattie wrote:
    Well peeps, I DID "keep trying" all the way until I got the out of stock message on the tickets. On three - count 'em, THREE - separate occasions I got all the way to submitting my credit card number but each time it kicked me back out with that dammned "an unexpected error has occurred"...

Unexpected error, my ass.

Since there were no more tickets, I finally called my credit card company and, guess what? There were three "authorizations" given to 10Club, but not tickets for me, no tickets in my profile, just me: sad, sad, sad.
    thats what happens when you have these guys in charge of ticket distribution......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d2AN7kBQOsw
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I got through to the enter credit card info, hit submit and same thing happened... but then I looked at my credit card online and saw that they had created an authorization... and I got my email confirmation for tickets a couple hours later.
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I got through to the enter credit card info, hit submit and same thing happened... but then I looked at my credit card online and saw that they had created an authorization... and I got my email confirmation for tickets a couple hours later.

So how did this happen for you and not for the rest of us?
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    So how did this happen for you and not for the rest of us?

I'm not sure... if I had the answer to that... well, the site probably wouldn't have crashed in the first place! lol I have checked into it again and I have my set of tickets in my profile now, but 10C preauthorized my cred card twice... so... well, I really don't know! I often get presale passwords for ticketmaster events to buy them the day before, if I do I will post them here for you! Sorry, I guess I just lucked out by the sounds of it.
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    broken heart over not getting tickets, what a bunch of shallow assholes... geez get a life we didn't get tickets oh well life goes on...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    Tenclub only has a very small percentage of tickets that the Greedy bastards at ticketmaster allow them to sell... like 10% or less for fan club members, so if everyone really wants tickets, there's always Friday... good luck to everyone!
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
  • Options
    Of course this email I got back from them didn't make me any happier:

HI Pattie,
    We are very sorry, but it appears that your order was not accepted by
    our
    system and therefore you have not secured any tickets to the April
    Fools
    tour through the Ten Club. However, your credit card was authorized for
    multiple transactions of $141.50 USD but we have no way of retrieving
    those
    tickets you attempted to purchase. The authorizations will disappear
    from
    your credit card within 3-5 business days.

Your next chance to purchase tickets to these shows is February 22nd at
    10am
    PST through Ticketmaster.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
    10C Staff
    7/92 Lollapalooza
    10/94 Bridge School
    6/95 SF
    11/95 San Jose
    10/96 Bridge School
    11/97 Oakland