Options

Ed's Pre-set

Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Ok, so my dad is taking me to the concert in Columbia(though I bought the tickets with my being a 10 club member), and he doesn't want to sit in the arena forever before a concert starts. I'm trying to convince him to get there early so we can just get in and get situated, but he's stubborn without me knowing exactly when stuff is going to start. So my question is, when Eddie does a pre-set, what time does he normally come on stage?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Whatever the time says on the ticket that the concert starts.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    Ok, so my dad is taking me to the concert in Columbia(though I bought the tickets with my being a 10 club member), and he doesn't want to sit in the arena forever before a concert starts. I'm trying to convince him to get there early so we can just get in and get situated, but he's stubborn without me knowing exactly when stuff is going to start. So my question is, when Eddie does a pre-set, what time does he normally come on stage?

you cant really get in untill "doors open" time.....usually an hour before hand!

good luck!

PS.....dont for get to check the floor around you for a pick!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    Thanks. I'll relay that to my dad. I'm stoked!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    The point of the preset is to get people there on time to see the opening band (at least that was the point initially) - be there at "showtime" as per the ticket. If there is a preset, you'll see it.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I would suggest getting to your seat 10-15 mins before showtime. I'm usually early for things that really matter to me. Also, if youre seeing a show with KOL, Ed might play with them as well. Not sure about Ted Leo.

also, you can often look at the stage a few mins before the opener and tell whether Ed is playing by the mic stands and the guitars that are setup.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?