Options

Why Is It That ....

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Boom plays on every song just about live..... But he is always turned down to where you cant even hear him.

Kinda like having an extra belly button, no?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    They turn him up on the songs where they need him. I guess they just don't want to be dicks and having him run on and off stage all night.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    i think its cause if there were too much of him oon 1 song it would kinda odd
    and it would change the mood of the song.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    I'd rather have him turned down than hear a organ droning on in the background-- to me that's one of the most annoying things in rock.

Too bad Boom isn't that good of a piano player, that could actually add something to a few songs (Black, Footsteps).
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    ii44 wrote:
    I'd rather have him turned down than hear a organ droning on in the background-- to me that's one of the most annoying things in rock.

Too bad Boom isn't that good of a piano player, that could actually add something to a few songs (Black, Footsteps).

i love the way he plays on Black, keeps it simple and beautiful.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I think Boom should stumble on stage with a cigarette in his mouth and throw out a "shaka" Sort of like a Hawaiian Mark Lanegan. Then when he's not needed, he can wander off stage.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    ii44 wrote:

do they really need him?
    danny d
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I would love to see Pearl Jam do more piano based songs like "Inside Job." Not the boring piano rock bands you see like The Fray or Coldplay - I mean epic stuff in the style of The Who. Dunno whether Boom is capable of that or not but it would still be interesting.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    muppet wrote:
    I would love to see Pearl Jam do more piano based songs like "Inside Job." Not the boring piano rock bands you see like The Fray or Coldplay - I mean epic stuff in the style of The Who. Dunno whether Boom is capable of that or not but it would still be interesting.
    agreed.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    danny wrote:
    do they really need him?

no.
  • Options
    i was saying BOOO not BOOOM
  • Options
    i think its cause if there were too much of him oon 1 song it would kinda odd
    and it would change the mood of the song.

um.. so shouldnt he just not play on the songs?

If you can't hear him.. he doesnt need to be on stage IMO... i think its alot more insulting to have him up there, and not even be able to hear it.....I think boom seems like an awesome guy but even he has to understand that most pearl jam songs, were NOT made to be played on the organ :D
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981

If you can't hear him.. he doesnt need to be on stage IMO... i think its alot more insulting to have him up there, and not even be able to hear it.....I think boom seems like an awesome guy but even he has to understand that most pearl jam songs, were NOT made to be played on the organ :D

*cough cough..get off In my tree Boom!..cough cough*
    pearl jam should hire you
    ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    I think Boom should stumble on stage with a cigarette in his mouth and throw out a "shaka" Sort of like a Hawaiian Mark Lanegan. Then when he's not needed, he can wander off stage.

LMFAO!!!
  • Options

yeah i totally agree.

especially with the In My Tree post!

whenever they play something off Riot Act and Pearl Jam you can hear him somewhat.

i think the biggest insult is when eddie says 'boom is gonna start this one off, its called Love Boat Captain.' and eddie enters with a stupid guitar part.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Granted, I haven't seen the band since '06. But I disagree with the premise of this post.

There are plenty of songs that Boom isn't even on stage for.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Granted, I haven't seen the band since '06. But I disagree with the premise of this post.

There are plenty of songs that Boom isn't even on stage for.

every show ive been at post riot act , boom has been on stage for pretty much the entire set....
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    It's like Milton in Office Space. Nobody wants to tell him he's fired, so they just turn him down lower and lower each tour. ;)

Kidding, I love Boom!
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    every show ive been at post riot act , boom has been on stage for pretty much the entire set....

are you sure??

and anyway there are tons of pre-Riot Act songs where you can hear him really clearly and he adds to the songs

Alive, Black, Indifference, Last Exit, Corduroy, In My Tree, Off He Goes, RITFW, Around The Bend, Footsteps, Leaving Here,

from the shows i was at over the past two years it looked like he was only playing on half the songs. he doesnt play on songs like Blood, Go, Why Go, STBC, SOLAT, NAIS, Sometimes, DTE, etc
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    i think the biggest insult is when eddie says 'boom is gonna start this one off, its called Love Boat Captain.' and eddie enters with a stupid guitar part.

It's insulting to Matt Cameron because in reality it is HIM who I hear starting the song, but dude gets no credit!
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Oh, and the worst thing I heard was at Hershey....Boom played, quite PROMINENTLY I might add, on Deep. Fuckin' DEEP!
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    Oh, and the worst thing I heard was at Hershey....Boom played, quite PROMINENTLY I might add, on Deep. Fuckin' DEEP!

yeah its getting a bit out of hand... i love boom when boom is called for but otherwise, ICK
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Boom plays on every song just about live..... But he is always turned down to where you cant even hear him.

Kinda like having an extra belly button, no?

as long as he leaves EVENFLOW alone......its all good and that foo can do whatevvvvvvver he wants!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!