Options

pj's lighting and stage design

riotonsunsetriotonsunset Posts: 33
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I just have to say that Pearl Jam's lighting crew is amazing. You're a brilliant and talented bunch.

I'm assuming its some of the same crew for Ed's solo shows too, because last nights stage set up was very nice. The ocean background at the end was a great way to close the show.

Anyway, what do people think about pj's stage design this past tour, compared to others? I really liked '06 and '08.
"Don't go BP Amoco!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    the waves were kick ass
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    I just have to say that Pearl Jam's lighting crew is amazing. You're a brilliant and talented bunch.

I'm assuming its some of the same crew for Ed's solo shows too, because last nights stage set up was very nice. The ocean background at the end was a great way to close the show.

Anyway, what do people think about pj's stage design this past tour, compared to others? I really liked '06 and '08.

Really liked the stage design for ´06/´07 too.....
    Was ´08 similar to ´06?
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Really liked the stage design for ´06/´07 too.....
    Was ´08 similar to ´06?

in some ways, yes. i did miss the green lasers from '06: http://pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060509/6.jpg. i thought that was very clever, if i can remember correctly they used them during inside job and sometimes during the opener Severed Hand.
    "Don't go BP Amoco!"
  • Options
    in some ways, yes. i did miss the green lasers from '06. i thought that was very clever, if i can remember correctly they used them during inside job and sometimes during the opener Severed Hand.

The lighting was well put together.....I was happy to see they made more of an effort the last few years....I know it´s all about the music but the combination with the lights was beautiful....
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    liked to 06 show when the lights go on, with the red / green backdrop for RIAFW
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    smile05 wrote:
    liked to 06 show when the lights go on, with the red / green backdrop for RIAFW

Looking forward to seeing something similar next year :)