Options

do u remember where u were when u heard matt replaced jack?

NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
edited December 2007 in The Porch
i remember clear as day

home in the bedroom w/ the radio on ,, freaked out for a few then rocked some soundgarden

went down to my ffriends apt,, had a 40 ounce for jack and talked to myself the rest of the day lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'd gone off Pearl Jam at the time.. for quite a while in fact. Fancy that!!

MWA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAHHH can you imagine? Harmless going off Pearl jam?

No? Me neither! MWA HAR HAR HAR!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Im not going to lie, i am only 21 i have liked their music since i was 8 but it is only in the last 2-3 yrs where i have really got into em. I was probably about 13 or 14 and i saw on live on 2 legs the back of it, and i saw his name i was like WTF this guy isnt the same guy. Then there we go the rest is history. Now i love MAtt Cameron. Marry me matt
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    I was at my mom's house, and I saw it on the 5h news page, about two days after their April Fool's Day joke announcing Animal from the Muppet Show as Jack's replacement. If anyone has a copy of that pic, I would love to see it again.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    i actually remember being relieved bc before that all I knew was that Jack quit and the team was drummerless. I had thoughts of the end... then matt to the rescue, and all is well
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    God, of course. Everyone does, I'm sure. I was just getting up. Getting ready for class. The phone rang, I let it go because I was running late. It rang again. I would have let it go. Something just told me. Answer. I had this weird feeling. It was my mom. "Did you hear?" "what. I'm late." "Turn on the tv. oh, god." There it was, I saw the first tower on fire...smoke billowing up to greet the cool September air. I thought it was a movie. But the news crawl confirmed what I already knew to be true: "Jack Irons Leaves Pearl Jam...to be replaced by Soundgarden Drummer". I dropped the phone. I drank a 40.
    "Many of Pearl Jam's most loyal fans are teenagers who do not have the money to pay the $50 or more that is often charged today for tickets to a popular concert...we have made a conscious decision that we do not want to put the price of our concerts out of the reach of many of our fans." 6/94
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Im not going to lie, i am only 21 i have liked their music since i was 8 but it is only in the last 2-3 yrs where i have really got into em. I was probably about 13 or 14 and i saw on live on 2 legs the back of it, and i saw his name i was like WTF this guy isnt the same guy. Then there we go the rest is history. Now i love MAtt Cameron. Marry me matt

hahaha...I'm 20 and that's EXACTLY how I found out too
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Gmoney wrote:
    i actually remember being relieved bc before that all I knew was that Jack quit and the team was drummerless. I had thoughts of the end... then matt to the rescue, and all is well
    That's pretty much what I remember too. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I didn't find out until the Live on 2 Legs record. LOL. :o how sad is that. I guess as seeing how I got screwed out of seeing the Yield tour I just don't remember any info up until looking at the credits. I remember hearing the drums on the record, and I could tell it was not Jack (not sure how, It just didn't sound like Jack. When I saw it was Matt, I was like wow! That's totally cool. :D Another reason I didn't find out was cause I don't think forums like this were as active as they are today. I don't think, but then again I was 16 and still living with my parents who had one computer at the time.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12