Options

if I buy the flac version of a bootleg

jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
edited June 2008 in The Porch
can I transfer to my Ipod or is it better just to buy the Mp3???

Has anyone bought Tampa yet, the set list looks excellent, is it worth it??? not too many mistakes? good sound, etc????
Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    jorgems wrote:
    can I transfer to my Ipod or is it better just to buy the Mp3???

Has anyone bought Tampa yet, the set list looks excellent, is it worth it??? not too many mistakes? good sound, etc????

I don't think iTunes supports flac files.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    stylo17 wrote:
    I don't think iTunes supports flac files.

It doesn't, you have to convert them to MP3s.
  • Options
    so, what do you use to convert them?, is it too much trouble?
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    so, technically its just better to buy the MP3s right? (I mean for Ipod use)
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    jorgems wrote:
    so, technically its just better to buy the MP3s right? (I mean for Ipod use)

yea if you're gonna use it on your iPod/iTunes then just go ahead and get the MP3 version.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    thanks...
  • Options
    I don't see why 10 Club doesn't send out the links to download FLACs or MP3s with the purchase of the hard copies of the CDs.. When I pre-ordered Radiohead's "In Rainbows" discbox, they sent out the link to download the material while I waited to receive the box set
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Ive recently purchased both the WPB and Tampa shows for $9.99 and they are now in my Itunes. The saving/converting part was a bit time consuming, but well worth it.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    step 1: buy FLAC
    step 2: use Nero to burn to CD
    step 3: insert CD into drive
    step 4: import tracks to iTunes like you would any other CD.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    is that better in terms of audio quality?
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    jorgems wrote:

Some claim FLAC rips sound better ... I can barely detect a difference.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 68
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Ive recently purchased both the WPB and Tampa shows for $9.99 and they are now in my Itunes. The saving/converting part was a bit time consuming, but well worth it.

did i miss something...i thought the downloads weren't available until the 28th...in fact i bought the bonoroo show...and it says not available for download yet...
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    kev wrote:
    did i miss something...i thought the downloads weren't available until the 28th...in fact i bought the bonoroo show...and it says not available for download yet...
    i think they're available two weeks after the show
  • Options
    Some claim FLAC rips sound better ... I can barely detect a difference.

It's not a "claim", it's a fact.

It's like saying that a well-recorded cassette sounds "just like" a CD.
  • Options
    the first 2 shows are now available....
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    jorgems wrote:

definitely.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,921
    I don't see why 10 Club doesn't send out the links to download FLACs or MP3s with the purchase of the hard copies of the CDs.. When I pre-ordered Radiohead's "In Rainbows" discbox, they sent out the link to download the material while I waited to receive the box set

Amen to that except for one adjustment. FLAC files are so huge, and the infrastructure to support that may be too daunting and costly to maintain (probably the reason for the price differential). However, I totally agree that if one buys CD's they could make MP3's available. They did in 2003 even though they were 56k, low res. I'd say that technology in 2008 could allow for 320K MP3's as easily as 56K was in 2003.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river