The epiphany continues

GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Not sure what is happening with me and PJ this past month, but the last two albums, which I was never a huge fan of, have started to make sense to me. It began with a new found love and appreciation for Avocado, my new favorite fruit, and the past week or so I just can't get enough Backspacer. It sounds different to me than it did this past fall. I kept over analyzing these records, looking for the mystery and deep meaning that was in some of the other albums. But it has hit me recently, don't over think it G. Just listen. And when I did that, both albums sound soooo good. I think it may have something to do with winter ending, they are both very spring like albums, similar to Yield in a way. I don't know what's going on but I am now fully satisfied with both albums, and PJ continues to amaze, influence and guide me.
Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Backspacer is also sounding a lot better to me than it did 6-9 months ago. I still don't like all of it, but I love some of it and the rest is growing on me. It was weird, I actually had this re-discovery of it just a couple of weeks ago, which led me to really start aching for them live, then WHOA, the announcement!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I like and agree on the Springtime association theory.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    Backspacer is also sounding a lot better to me than it did 6-9 months ago. I still don't like all of it, but I love some of it and the rest is growing on me. It was weird, I actually had this re-discovery of it just a couple of weeks ago, which led me to really start aching for them live, then WHOA, the announcement!
    perfect timing!! backspacer should have been a spring release for sure!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...