Options

No wonder they don't play the south!

darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
edited March 2008 in The Porch
They can't even sell out fan club tickets!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    No wonder!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    surfponcesurfponce Posts: 71
    another idiot asshole already made this same post. this shit needs to end!!! keep your smart ass comments to yourself!!!!!
    dean stirk
  • Options
    offwegooffwego Posts: 27
    how about the fact that tickets are not priority seating by when they are purchased rather by your member number moron, if your implying that one part of the country are bigger fans than the other parts you have deeper issues to deal with rather than posting on this board
  • Options
    surfponce wrote:
    another idiot asshole already made this same post. this shit needs to end!!! keep your smart ass comments to yourself!!!!!
    Another idiot asshole already cried about and took the first idiot asshole's comment way too serious. Take a deep breath homie.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    They just didn't sell out in a day. They will sell out eventually.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    offwego wrote:
    how about the fact that tickets are not priority seating by when they are purchased rather by your member number moron, if your implying that one part of the country are bigger fans than the other parts you have deeper issues to deal with rather than posting on this board

You don't need to imply it. Pearl Jam has a bigger fan base in the northeast than the southeast. That's pretty much fact at this point. Now I'm not here to take anything away from you guys who are just as die hard as anyone, but overall as a region, there is a lesser volume of you guys down south. Why take that as so offensive?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    surfponce wrote:
    don't let it bug ya....just lots of kids on the board
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Winner of the most useless thread award.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    Flagg wrote:
    Winner of the most useless thread award.
    you seem angry today my friend......

hehehehe..........

everything ok????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PearlinitPearlinit Posts: 28
    You people are idiots. They arent open to the general public yet. They wont sellout until it is.
    ... two birds is what they'll see ... getting lost upon their way ...
  • Options
    you seem angry today my friend......

hehehehe..........

everything ok????

Yeah, awesome! I just am anxious about the Thursday sale and wish I could have just made the FL shows instead.

Still mad about the Texas on again/off again rumors.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    You don't need to imply it. Pearl Jam has a bigger fan base in the northeast than the southeast. That's pretty much fact at this point. Now I'm not here to take anything away from you guys who are just as die hard as anyone, but overall as a region, there is a lesser volume of you guys down south. Why take that as so offensive?

Because we've paid our dues and have been waiting a long time for this. We bought our tickets, a lot of people bought more than one pair but according to some people, PJ should never touch the south, we don't deserve a show, etc...

People are getting pissed because from the day the dates went up, there's been threads about how the southern shows are going to suck and that the shows at MSG are where all the shows should be. It seem like people don't expect the south to be capable of building a large venue, much less one that's bigger than MSG and holds more people (Tampa).

Not to mention people keep talking about these shows not selling out in a matter of minutes when apparently this was the case for the gorge shows and chicago in 06.
  • Options
    Pearlinit wrote:
    You people are idiots. They arent open to the general public yet. They wont sellout until it is.
    ummmmm....before you started calling people idiots...

you should have realized that the thread is about fan club tickets not selling out.....

every single fucking one of us here realizes they are not open to the general public....
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Yeah, awesome! I just am anxious about the Thursday sale and wish I could have just made the FL shows instead.

Still mad about the Texas on again/off again rumors.
    heheheh....

get your tickets to Boston and have a great time....

fuck the rumors...
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    surfponce wrote:

He is not a iddiot asshole. I want them to play southern dates just as much as everyone else. But they don't sell well in the south. It's just a fact The Tampa show in '03 wasn't close to full. Same in St. Louis. In Little Rock, they pulled a giant curtain around the entire upper deck because there were no seats sold up there. Those are just the shows I've been to.
    tacos
  • Options
    heheheh....

get your tickets to Boston and have a great time....

fuck the rumors...

I plan on it. We may squeeze Hartford in too.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Who gives a shit if they sell out, in the South or East. So the barometer is set so high , that when Philly and N.Y. dont sell out they are going to stop touring there, and just play Seattle and L.A.
    I would rather see them in Fla, than Camden but so be it.
    Last time I check Pearl Jam members were grown men with big bank accounts, not 5 year old school girls that actually worry about who comes to their play dates.

Ohh and such language.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,483
    Slightly off topic, but still about the south....

in 03, I went to the Nashville show. I remember waiting in line to GET IN THE PARKING LOT for hours, because of some bomb threat.

After waiting for a few hours, I finally walked up to a security guard to ask what the delay was.

This old codger said, "Well, we assume its a hoax, but someone called in a bomb threat. You know, their lead singer burned a picture of the president in effigy. that kinda thing wont fly around these parts."

hehe, f'in south.

no offense, southerners.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I plan on it. We may squeeze Hartford in too.
    Man Flagg you are a diehard, I live in Jersey and prob will puss out on hartford, you are comming from Texas.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I was at the show in Tampa in 2k and am more than happy to hit FLA for the two shows. It's going to be a blast!!!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Can't believe Pearl Jam fed into the whole "Play The South" thread. What a waste of money and what a let down. Should have taken a head count in that thread.

Population: 6

:D
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    iwasthere wrote:
    He is not a iddiot asshole. I want them to play southern dates just as much as everyone else. But they don't sell well in the south. It's just a fact The Tampa show in '03 wasn't close to full. Same in St. Louis. In Little Rock, they pulled a giant curtain around the entire upper deck because there were no seats sold up there. Those are just the shows I've been to.

I was at the Little Rock show. It was basically sold out. They had a curtain behind the stage because they usually don't sell tickets back there to begin with.

Every show I've ever been to in Texas has sold well. The San Antonio show in '03 was a friggin' blast. There were people everywhere.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    guys can we all just stop this and enjoy the shows? I hate being so excited for a show and then seeing this here online. we're people, let's have some dignity and treat others with respect. come on now. I know I said something earlier in another thread but I'm over that now. let's just all drop it and get ready for some great times. :)
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,483
    stylo17 wrote:
    guys can we all just stop this and enjoy the shows? I hate being so excited for a show and then seeing this here online. we're people, let's have some dignity and treat others with respect. come on now. I know I said something earlier in another thread but I'm over that now. let's just all drop it and get ready for some great times. :)

I kind of agree.

The best way to do that is to stay off of message boards. :)

Weirdness.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    surfponce wrote:
    lmao...truth hurts, eh?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i think when it is all said and done the shows will sell pretty well. To be honest i'm the only one of my friends who is in the ten club, but i know a good group of people who plan on getting seats when they go onsale to the public.

They obviously don't sell as well here, but they still have a good group of fans in this area. Perhaps they can't sell out like they can in other areas of the country but it is really cool of them to come down this way so i dont have to pay for a plane ticket and a hotel just to see them live.

Still no atlanta date i feel pretty safe they could play and sell out atlanta anytime they wanted to. Hell if nothing else just play a date at the Fox. It only holds like 4500 people that would be gone pretty quick.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Seriously now, who gives a shit if the shows sell out or not? I certainly don't, specially fan club wise, HA!

I wonder if the people who DO care SOOOO much own some kind of stock in Pearl Jam's bank account and would be personally affected by the various market fluctuations, heh.

Nonsense.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    There is a reason they aren't playing the south. They learned there lesson in '03. They played San Antonio and sold only 12,000 of the 20,000 seats. They did not sell out West Palm. But here is the kicker: when they played Charlotte they barley sold half the place out! That is why your dirty south gets no respect!
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Seriously now, who gives a shit if the shows sell out or not? I certainly don't, specially fan club wise, HA!

I wonder if the people who DO care SOOOO much own some kind of stock in Pearl Jam's bank account and would be personally affected by the various market fluctuations, heh.

Nonsense.
    I'm kind of excited maybe just maybe if enough of the elitist don't come down to the shows i might get a half way decent seat.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    ...you guys can bitch and talk all the shit you want, but the fact remains:

EAST COAST TOUR.

regardless of how well the tickets sell, i'll be seeing my favorite band five times in june.

THANK YOU.

-t.