Options

Red Mosquito question

SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I heard Ed wrote this when he was really sick? Is that true? Right now I have a fever and feel like crap, thats what made me think of it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    Spinbrett wrote:
    I heard Ed wrote this when he was really sick? Is that true? Right now I have a fever and feel like crap, thats what made me think of it.
    heard the same thing. something about food poisoning and he was in the hospital. not sure...but if you listen to the lyrics...it fits.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Spinbrett wrote:
    I believe so. I think it was written back in 95 in reference to his food poisoning from a hotel sandwitch on the Neil Jam tour supporting "Mirrorball". If I'm not mistaken Ed played the pj set halfway through it ended up going to the hospital cause he felt so bad basically like the devil had bit him. I read that in the Kim Neely five Against one book.

I think the rest of the band stayed and played with Neil, but the crowd ended up booing and throwing a huge fit or something like that cause they wanted pj to finish their set but didn't know what happened to Ed.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    I believe so. I think it was written back in 95 in reference to his food poisoning from a hotel sandwitch on the Neil Jam tour supporting "Mirrorball". If I'm not mistaken Ed played the pj set halfway through it ended up going to the hospital cause he felt so bad basically like the devil had bit him. I read that in the Kim Neely five Against one book.

I think the rest of the band stayed and played with Neil, but the crowd ended up booing and throwing a huge fit or something like that cause they wanted pj to finish their set but didn't know what happened to Ed.

It was actually part of Pearl Jam's 1995 tour, and not a Neil Jam show. The Mirrorball tour took place in Europe and Ed didn't come along. Neil Young just happened to be there at the San Francisco show.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    It was actually part of Pearl Jam's 1995 tour, and not a Neil Jam show. The Mirrorball tour took place in Europe and Ed didn't come along. Neil Young just happened to be there at the San Francisco show.

This is what I have always heard as well. S.F. 1995
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953

Thanks for the info. :D It's been a few years since I have read the book and couldn't remember exactly. I thought they did some mirrorball dates in the states, but didn't know that it was Europe only without Ed.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12