Options

Why does Vedder miss out the first chorus in Rearviewmirror?

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Am I just hearing things, or have I forgotten the lyrics to the original studio version?

But on Vs, the first chorus of "Rearviewmirror" is "I couldn't breathe, holding me down..." Yet when he does it live, he misses this out and goes to the "Head at your feet..."

Any explanation? Am I not hearing things right? Such a small thing but it's been bugging me :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    muppet wrote:
    Am I just hearing things, or have I forgotten the lyrics to the original studio version?

But on Vitalogy, the first chorus of "Rearviewmirror" is "I couldn't breathe, holding me down..." Yet when he does it live, he misses this out and goes to the "Head at your feet..."

Any explanation? Am I not hearing things right? Such a small thing but it's been bugging me :p

So now RVM is on Vitalogy?
  • Options
    Err...you saw nothing, kid.
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    I don't know about the version on Vitalogy :) but on Vs. I think you are right, I haven't notice him do that live though, You mean all the time he skips the I couldn't breathe line?
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    hehe...

have you heard him sing and miss/change the lyrics to once?

i don't think i've heard him since the indian summer line in a long time.
  • Options
    Manimal wrote:
    I don't know about the version on Vitalogy :) but on Vs. I think you are right, I haven't notice him do that live though, You mean all the time he skips the I couldn't breathe line?

I'd find some examples on Youtube but it's convinentaly decided to be very slow at the moment.
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    I'd find some examples on Youtube but it's convinentaly decided to be very slow at the moment.

im doing the same, youtube is being lame right now. >.<
  • Options
    tombellancatombellanca Posts: 117
    He's often all over the place with the lyrics to RVM.
    At the fast pace, it's probably just tough to keep things straight in your head.
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Yeah, I don't think he's sung rvm "right" in a long time.

He's notorious for mixing up the verses of DTE as well.

The last time I heard 'em play Immortality in person, he skipped a whole verse.

Same with Around the Bend and Forever Young in LA last week.

It's an Ed tradition!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    He's often all over the place with the lyrics to RVM.
    At the fast pace, it's probably just tough to keep things straight in your head.

That's another thing: Slow the fuck down, and maybe you'll remember the lyrics. I know the song is about getting away very fast, but that doesn't mean you have to PLAY it at 90 mph, ed! ;)
  • Options
    That's another thing: Slow the fuck down, and maybe you'll remember the lyrics. I know the song is about getting away very fast, but that doesn't mean you have to PLAY it at 90 mph, ed! ;)

Yeah. I'd put "Given To Fly" and "Corduroy" in there too. Why do they play them so fast? Maybe it's the energy.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    He's been skipping the first chorus in RVM since 94...
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Yeah. I'd put "Given To Fly" and "Corduroy" in there too. Why do they play them so fast? Maybe it's the energy.

Shit ... at his solo shows, Ed played Around the Bend too fast for my taste ;)
  • Options
    rhinosaurrhinosaur Posts: 51
    That, and also Stone singing "want you" or "wanchu" instead of "once you" towards the end of the song... That one is really annoying!
  • Options
    tombellancatombellanca Posts: 117
    isn't stone saying "watch you"
    ie.seeing this person in his rvm???
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I think Eddie is just out of breath
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Yeah, I don't think he's sung rvm "right" in a long time.

He's notorious for mixing up the verses of DTE as well.

The last time I heard 'em play Immortality in person, he skipped a whole verse.

Same with Around the Bend and Forever Young in LA last week.

It's an Ed tradition!

the 'right' way? ed wrote the damn words, any way he chooses to sing them is the right way. :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say