Options

Thank You

memememe Posts: 4,693
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So I was shut out of the EV tickets sale and have been looking at shark sites with people charging ridiculous amounts of money for them.

I know many take it for granted that even for sold out shows tickets should be sold at face, but I still feel it's important to thank the kind hearted fans who will sell tickets to other fans for face or less out of the pure joy to make someone happy.

Here is to all of you :)
... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    sweet! :)
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    demetrios wrote:
    sweet! :)

I know, you'd think I had used up all of my PJ luck in June :p

Thanks again to you, too!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    amen and cheers to that!

thanks to kindhearted fans i've been able to get into shows, most recently on the last tour, 4 out of the 5 i attended were tickets i bought from fellow fans/board members. and one even was sweet enough to give me a ticket as a birthday present! :) and i also was able to attend the ed santa cruz and 2nd berkeley show this year thanks to buying tickets from fans as well!

so yes, a big hearty thank you to the faithfull :) and glad you'll be able to experience solo ed, meme!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    meme wrote:
    So I was shut out of the EV tickets sale and have been looking at shark sites with people charging ridiculous amounts of money for them.

I know many take it for granted that even for sold out shows tickets should be sold at face, but I still feel it's important to thank the kind hearted fans who will sell tickets to other fans for face or less out of the pure joy to make someone happy.

Here is to all of you :)

Meme, I feel grateful this way too!

I was so sad I couldn't buy a ticket to Massey Hall in the sales and then one of my friends told me not to worry, I wouldn't miss the concert because I could buy one of hers.

It was such a relief!! :):)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    You are so lucky you have a really great friend. :)

Yep.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    awesome
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Meme, I feel grateful this way too!

I was so sad I couldn't buy a ticket to Massey Hall in the sales and then one of my friends told me not to worry, I wouldn't miss the concert because I could buy one of hers.

It was such a relief!! :):)
    awesome!

and thank you so much again for the bday ticket, by the by! :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    YOU BETCHA!
    :)

it makes me happy to share, and you KNOW even happier to score a 10c spare off a fellow boardie too! got to give love to get love! :D

well said and too true!

i have a big thank you to share as well august 5th - woohooo!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    you're welcome :) happy to put a smile on your face! my family members have been telling me "oh give it to your brother maybe he'll start liking pearl jam" or "your aunt thinks she might want to go" and i just stared at them in disbelief, since neither of them actually like pearl jam besides 1 or 2 songs. i decided then and there that it had to be someone who desperately needed to see an ed show.

also, the person who usually goes with me is less fanatic than me about pearl jam so in the future i might have an extra to more shows :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    awesome!

and thank you so much again for the bday ticket, by the by! :)

Sweetie, I was just happy to have a good excuse to invite you to come with me! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    meme wrote:
    I know, you'd think I had used up all of my PJ luck in June :p

Thanks again to you, too!

anytime! :)
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Sweetie, I was just happy to have a good excuse to invite you to come with me! :)
    it was wonderful enough to finally meet you after all these years but to share a whole show with you? i loved it!! :)