Options

the Johnny Guitar stickers ROCK

High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Just the new Johnny Guitar stickers in the mail. They are awesome! This perfect little size (smaller than I expected), great colors, excellent little sticker. I'm going to have to order some more and just put them on everything. :) Think I'll stick one on my black bass guitar, like right between the pickups under the strings. Pimpin', man, PJ style!
ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Just the new Johnny Guitar stickers in the mail. They are awesome! This perfect little size (smaller than I expected), great colors, excellent little sticker. I'm going to have to order some more and just put them on everything. :) Think I'll stick one on my black bass guitar, like right between the pickups under the strings. Pimpin', man, PJ style!

:D , I want a few!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Shame the song sucks.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Shame the song sucks.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    the song does NOT suck. none of their songs do. i bet you could write some real kick ass songs couldn;t ya buddy?
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    People get so cuckoo if anybody dislikes anything Pearl Jam. Yes, I like 90% of their stuff, but like the previous poster, I do not care for Johnny Guitar. Swing and a miss.
  • Options
    the song does NOT suck. none of their songs do. i bet you could write some real kick ass songs couldn;t ya buddy?

Yeah i probably could if i knew how to play guitar. I actually like all their stuff and i think Johnny Guitar is maybe the first song i actually dont like come to think of it, oh yeah Comatose just sounds horrible too.
  • Options
    Everybody loved "Johnny Guitar" when the album first came out, now people are acting like it's the new "Evacuation".

I think it's because the haters have the biggest mouths.

"Johnny Guitar sucks lololol"

"Yeah I hate it too lololol"

"I do not care fot it lololol"

Who gives a fuck what you think?
  • Options
    Everybody loved "Johnny Guitar" when the album first came out, now people are acting like it's the new "Evacuation".

As someone who has suffered a lot more than us once said --- Why can't we all just get along?
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Johnny Guitar Stickers? I didn't knew.. I will go check the goods section..

ps: I love johnny guitar, it's a kick ass song.. If you wanna hear some so-so tracks go listen to your copy of self-titled.. :D
  • Options
    robcascie wrote:
    ps: I love johnny guitar, it's a kick ass song.. If you wanna hear some so-so tracks go listen to your copy of self-titled.. :D

awww, but dude...come back reminds me of my dead poodle!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Brisk. wrote:
    Shame the song sucks.

Hmmm isn't one of THEIR best Songs!... :)
  • Options

uhh dont know what your on about but i for one have hated it since i first heard it.
  • Options
    I didnt care for Johnny Guitar too much until I saw Ed sing it in Seattle and he seemed to LOVE singing it, added a new dimension to it for me.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    EddiesMuse wrote:
    I didnt care for Johnny Guitar too much until I saw Ed sing it in Seattle and he seemed to LOVE singing it, added a new dimension to it for me.

I too thought the song was weak when I played it the 1st handful of times.

However, after hearing EV sing it on Austin City I fell in love with it.

Great song, along with another 1 I hated at first: Sonicreducer.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    The only PJ song i've tried to like is evacuation, i don't know why, and believe me i've tried hundreds of times but nothing... that's the only song i skip from all the albums :oops:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    a lot of people hate Johnny, but a lot of people love it, too. its one of those you either get or dont. Everyone hates Evacuation!

i think JG is the best, and most creative songs they've made in years.
  • Options
    These stickers are very cool!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    robcascie wrote:

awww, but dude...come back reminds me of my dead poodle!

if your joking, that's damn funny. If not, that's sad. :lol::cry:
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    Everyone hates Evacuation!

Your mother doesn't hate it.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Johnny Guitar does not suck
    that is not a strong enough adjective.
  • Options
    Just dont get why people hate Evacuation, the chorus sucks but the rest is amazing. The bridge is so fucking good!
  • Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    Johnny Guitar is the best song on Backspacer.

Evacuation is their best song of the 2000's. Simply incredible. I'm one of the few hardcore "Evacuation" fans. :)
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    EddiesMuse wrote:

I too thought the song was weak when I played it the 1st handful of times.

However, after hearing EV sing it on Austin City I fell in love with it.

Great song, along with another 1 I hated at first: Sonicreducer.

how could you possibly hate sonic reducer? OMG!! Listen to the Hugh Dillon and Swamp Baby version from the Hard Core Logo soundtrack. It's the best version out there!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    The only PJ song i've tried to like is evacuation, i don't know why, and believe me i've tried hundreds of times but nothing... that's the only song i skip from all the albums :oops:

Why the evacuation hate? I dig it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    At first I was skeptical. It didn't jingle right the first time, title sucked, etc. Now I have it in the top half off of BS. It is damn catchy.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    Everyone hates Evacuation!

Your mother doesn't hate it.
    yes she does. even the people here that say they like really hate it ;)

but Johnny Guitar is the best song on BS.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Hahaha...glad you like them, but c'mon, there stickers. I mean, my 2 year olf gets pretty excited about stickers but that's about it. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

As someone who has suffered a lot more than us once said --- Why can't we all just get along?

Silly me. I thought this was a forum to discuss PJ's music. a gamisou
  • Options

Silly me. I thought this was a forum to discuss PJ's music. a gamisou

Whoops...I quoted the wrong person! Sorry! My comment was meant for the original poster.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

honestly...didn't much care for the song when it came out...and still don't.
    that said, i LOVE the sticker.
    got mine yesterday, and they are awesome. 8-)
    tho i still love the space drummer the best of recent stickers.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow