Options

Vedder Tour Makes National Headlines

pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Fri Feb 15, 3:52 PM ET

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder will launch his first solo tour in Vancouver on April 2 to help promote his soundtrack album for "Into the Wild," according to a statement issued on Friday.

But the brief "April Fools" theater trek will take him only as far as California: Santa Cruz (April 5), Berkeley (April 7), Santa Barbara (April 10), Los Angeles (April 12, 13) and San Diego (April 15).

Tickets, priced at $65 before fees, go on sale on February 22, except for Santa Barbara, where they will be available on February 29.

New Zealand singer/songwriter Liam Finn will open the shows. Vedder and Finn have played together before, and Vedder is a longtime fan of Split Enz, the art-rock band led by Finn's father Neil and uncle Tim.

Vedder won acclaim with his soundtrack for "Into the Wild," director Sean Penn's adaptation of the nonfiction book about a college graduate's ill-fated expedition to Alaska. Vedder won a Golden Globe for the track "Guaranteed," but was a surprise omission when Oscar nominations were announced last month. The song also received a Grammy Award nomination.

Pearl Jam, meanwhile, after a relatively quiet 2007, will headline the Bonnaroo Music + Arts Festival, which takes place in Manchester, Tenn. on June 12-15. Tickets go on sale on Saturday.

(Reporting by Dean Goodman)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    "Suprise omission"

High praise right there, folks!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Pearl Jam, meanwhile, after a relatively quiet 2007, will headline the Bonnaroo Music + Arts Festival...

Did I just dream that Euro tour?!

Typical. If it doesn't happen in America, it may as well not have happened at all....

:rolleyes:
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Did I just dream that Euro tour?!

Typical. If it doesn't happen in America, it may as well not have happened at all....

:rolleyes:

yea lol that seems to be a bit .....wrong.. but i spoze comparing it the the world tour they did in 2006 it is rather "quiet"
  • Options
    yea lol that seems to be a bit .....wrong.. but i spoze comparing it the the world tour they did in 2006 it is rather "quiet"

I agree, I dont think it was meant to ignore the fact that they were in Europe, but other than Europe and Lolla they did nothing else on 07, while on 2006 they went were in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia and Mexico.... is the are using that as their comparison they 2007 was indeed relatively quiet...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    cool cool
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?