Options

Here it comes I know...

zootownzootown Posts: 666
edited February 2008 in The Porch
But, is anyone else more than a bit put off about all the negativity around Bonaroo being the only announced date. I understand alot of the complaining is sarcastic in nature, but c'mon already, all this tantrumming about no other dates is enough to make me sick .....besides, they very clearly did not say anything about this being their only US date like last year for Lolla. So, heres to hoping and BEING PATIENT.
I hold the pain, release me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thats just the way it is here, no matter what they do people get upset. some (including me sometimes) lose sight of what this is all about at times. you just need to pull yourself back in before getting ridiculous. there will be other dates and we have to just be patient, you are right and ive said it before.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yes its very silly..... people just need to chill out... if anyone remembers the past years.. if there are more dates... they are usually announced at LEAST a few weeks after the fact...
  • Options
    Thanks for the good energy! I guess it just bums me out to think that if the band themselves ever saw the whining and self-righteous demanding that goes on here, shit, I would have a hard time wanting to get up and play great shows everynight. We, as fans, do not get to dictate what an artist does, sorry, but this is the way it is people....of course, unless, everyone wants PJ to digress into some sell-out, give into pressure from outside influences all the time type of band: no thanks!
  • Options
    Motto of forums.pearljam.com - b*tch and moan.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    I really havent seen a lot of complaining, at least not compared to other times.
    I've just seen people pointing out why they are not going.

I had already decided to go but the line up was very disappointing (for me in particular) so I'm not going and I'll save the money for another show in the future. :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I really havent seen a lot of complaining, at least not compared to other times.
    I've just seen people pointing out why they are not going.

I had already decided to go but the line up was very disappointing (for me in particular) so I'm not going and I'll save the money for another show in the future. :)

Not alot of complaining? Wow, you must have the patience of a saint. I mean, last night, it seemed as if the board exploded with people complaining, even though the announcement of Roo was what most fans had already concluded.
  • Options
    oh shit, what a point......they DID say that lolla was their ONLY appearance

no such remarks this time around!

bring on more waiting.....but cheers to that, at least 'roo is not the be all end all
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Yea.. pretty much the norm here...sometimes you just have to... Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. It's like a carousel. You put the quarter in, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and around. Circular, circle. Feel it. Go with the flow.
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    oh shit, what a point......they DID say that lolla was their ONLY appearance

no such remarks this time around!

bring on more waiting.....but cheers to that, at least 'roo is not the be all end all

Its really not a point.

Perhaps it is, but the fact is, we dont know.
    Last years statment was similarly ambiguous-they couldve scheduled more later on. And in fact they did-the vic.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    alright here's my 2 cents

the boys go into the studio for the next 3 months and work on new stuff....maybe rework some of the avocado left overs.....then in may start rehearsing for a tour...maybe vfc like....then in the fall back to the studio to finish up the new stuff and maybe have a christmas/early '09 release.....:)

in any case there will be more shows this year....how do i know? cuz i fucking say there will be!! :D:D
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    cutback wrote:
    alright here's my 2 cents

the boys go into the studio for the next 3 months and work on new stuff....maybe rework some of the avocado left overs.....then in may start rehearsing for a tour...maybe vfc like....then in the fall back to the studio to finish up the new stuff and maybe have a christmas/early '09 release.....:)

in any case there will be more shows this year....how do i know? cuz i fucking say there will be!! :D:D

Glad to have your expert and authoritative opinion. :rolleyes:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    Not alot of complaining? Wow, you must have the patience of a saint. I mean, last night, it seemed as if the board exploded with people complaining, even though the announcement of Roo was what most fans had already concluded.

all I'm saying is that I've seen worse... bitch thread after bitch thread in previous ocassions, what I have seen more with this annoucement was a lot of people changing their mind about going....
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Well we all know what that stems from, which is the way they announced dates for the last full U.S. tour – bit by bit, and as the south patiently waited for their leg – it never happened. People said they would have appreciated knowing that no more dates would be added, and it’s a realistic request. If they had known that PJ wouldn’t be coming to a venue near them, they could have made arrangements to travel and see them elsewhere.

I know there is a lot of bitching on this board, but the request to know if other dates will be played is not asking for too much, I don’t think.

So try not to be too hard on some of the people making this inquiry, there is a reason behind it.

And I'm sure the 10club will do what they can to get the info out, if there is any, when they can. I'm believe they heard the request loud and clear last time around. :D
  • Options
    Well we all know what that stems from, which is the way they announced dates for the last full U.S. tour – bit by bit, and as the south patiently waited for their leg – it never happened. People said they would have appreciated knowing that no more dates would be added, and it’s a realistic request. If they had known that PJ wouldn’t be coming to a venue near them, they could have made arrangements to travel and see them elsewhere.

I know there is a lot of bitching on this board, but the request to know if other dates will be played is not asking for too much, I don’t think.
    WELL SAID-THANK YOU

And I'm sure the 10club will do what they can to get the info out, if there is any, when they can. I'm believe they heard the request loud and clear last time around. :D

ID LIKE TO BELIEVE IT, but I dont

AND ANOTHER thing-WHY no ten club tix? they did it in Europe! That should be a standard part of PJs contract, but I guess it doesnt matter when the payday is big enough.
  • Options
    i dont get the anger to be honest... we all knew that yesterdays announcment was gonna be roo... contractually im sure PJ cant announce anything further til roo tix go onsale because it would only hurt the roo ticket sales if people knew there was another show near by... nothing PJ can do about that... i think ill probably hold out for a show in st. lou or indy instead of spending all the money to get to roo and for a few days with only a handful of bands i actually like
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    yes some people need to make plans specially in the summer months with family and all ,i'm not asking for detailed info just a plain "more dates to be announced in the coming months " is that to much ? ...this way i don't dish out $800 + for a weekend with the masses .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Get_Right wrote:
    WELL SAID-THANK YOU

Yeah, that’s me, always the voice of reason..

I should change my username.

Nah :D
  • Options
    yes some people need to make plans specially in the summer months with family and all ,i'm not asking for detailed info just a plain "more dates to be announced in the coming months " is that to much ? ...this way i don't dish out $800 + for a weekend with the masses .....
    im not sure what the details of a festival contract might include... but id imagine ANY sort of hope for more shows would be discouraged... id say if you have any doubts then just dont do it... thats what im gonna do... unless zeppelin is confirmed at some later point... i definitely do not think this will be all there is for '08... and if it is, well i can survive without a PJ show this year
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ... contractually im sure PJ cant announce anything further til roo tix go onsale because it would only hurt the roo ticket sales if people knew there was another show near by... nothing PJ can do about that... i

thats where I think your wrong
    same with 10c tix

they are the masters of their own destiny, always have been, at least until recently