Options

Never thought I'd see the day...

pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
edited June 2008 in The Porch
that Pearl Jam would EVER play Columbia....it's always Kenny Chesney, Diamond Rio, Kenny Chesney, Alafuckingbama, Kenny Chesney, and then some dude named Kenny Chesney. I have caught SO MUCH hell for my love of this band from my peers around here, but guess who ponies up and buys tickets for the show like they've been fans for all these years? My fairweather friends. I have ONE thing to say to them. If you happen to see me today before, during, or after the show, and I don't acknowledge your presence, it's nothing personal. I choose to spend today with my second family, at the Saucer and at the Colonial Center. My "real life" friends can kiss my ass, just for today mind you, because they are invisible to me (Unless they want to buy me a beer). You've made your Pearl Jam bed, so to speak, now go to sleep bitches. Oh, and I am going to apologize in advance for "that guy" at the concert with the camoflauge hat and Rebel flag shirt screaming for "Jeremy" to be played. He means no harm....

Anyway, it's finally here...welcome to Columbia my Pearl Jam friends...sorry about the heat and humidity. Now lets tear that goddamn Colonial Center down tonight!

Peace and Love,

pjsyco
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    WOOT WOOT!!! See you there....then the PJ Express rolls to VA BEACH!! Look for my black Explorer on the road with the yellow StickMan painted on the back!!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    PJSYCO-
    fully expect t see you standing on top of a big van in the middle of the parking lot, with mega phone in hand, getting the troops hype before the show.

pjsyco wrote:
    that Pearl Jam would EVER play Columbia....it's always Kenny Chesney, Diamond Rio, Kenny Chesney, Alafuckingbama, Kenny Chesney, and then some dude named Kenny Chesney. I have caught SO MUCH hell for my love of this band from my peers around here, but guess who ponies up and buys tickets for the show like they've been fans for all these years? My fairweather friends. I have ONE thing to say to them. If you happen to see me today before, during, or after the show, and I don't acknowledge your presence, it's nothing personal. I choose to spend today with my second family, at the Saucer and at the Colonial Center. My "real life" friends can kiss my ass, just for today mind you, because they are invisible to me (Unless they want to buy me a beer). You've made your Pearl Jam bed, so to speak, now go to sleep bitches. Oh, and I am going to apologize in advance for "that guy" at the concert with the camoflauge hat and Rebel flag shirt screaming for "Jeremy" to be played. He means no harm....

Anyway, it's finally here...welcome to Columbia my Pearl Jam friends...sorry about the heat and humidity. Now lets tear that goddamn Colonial Center down tonight!

Peace and Love,

pjsyco
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    huck5 wrote:
    PJSYCO-
    fully expect t see you standing on top of a big van in the middle of the parking lot, with mega phone in hand, getting the troops hype before the show.
    you got it, huck5, then we'll be "streaking through the quad"...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Congrats on finally getting a good act.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I'd be psyched if my casual friends were going. Love to spread the Jam and hook others.