Options

What is The Self-Pollution Broadcast?

Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Someone wrote of it peripherally and mentioned that it had CRAZY energy, in connection with Vitalogy.
Vitalogy is my personal favorite, so I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks guys.
Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    this was a PJ sponsored radio broadcast. self pollution radio was a broadcast that the band did in January 1995.

it featured Eddie spinning records, interviews w/ krist noveselic, dee plakas and others, and live performances from: pj, soundgarden, mad season, mudhoney, and the fastbacks.

this radio broadcast originated from a home owned by ed and was relayed to any radio stations wanting to carry it. this show consisted, not only of the two live PJ sets listed above, but also other live bands, friends, phone calls and a few records.

http://www.korat.co.il/pearljam/music/spr.html
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    I have it on CD. A friend of mine offered it to me loooong time ago for my birthday. Awesome gift ! It was recorded in 1995.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    suns rival wrote:
    this was a PJ sponsored radio broadcast. self pollution radio was a broadcast that the band did in January 1995.

it featured Eddie spinning records, interviews w/ krist noveselic, dee plakas and others, and live performances from: pj, soundgarden, mad season, mudhoney, and the fastbacks.

this radio broadcast originated from a home owned by ed and was relayed to any radio stations wanting to carry it. this show consisted, not only of the two live PJ sets listed above, but also other live bands, friends, phone calls and a few records.

http://www.korat.co.il/pearljam/music/spr.html
    i SUCK as a fan. i never knew all those details! thanks suns.....
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I have it on CD. A friend of mine offered it to me loooong time ago for my birthday. Awesome gift ! It was recorded in 1995.

sounds to me like u should maybe......send me a copy of that! u know, "spread the jam" :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    SENROCK! wrote:
    sounds to me like u should maybe......send me a copy of that! u know, "spread the jam" :D

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/shows/

they have the monkeywrench show. i have the self-pollution on as well. send me a pm and i'll send them to you! cheers!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    It is a great show, really intimate performances, and PJ's first live performance with Jack Irons.
  • Options
    It is a great show, really intimate performances, and PJ's first live performance with Jack Irons.

Not true. He was with them at the 1994 Bridge School Benefit.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    SENROCK! wrote:

....and then you could send it to me Sen!

I have it on tape...but I'm missing some parts and the quality is less than ideal.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    SENROCK...

check your email in about 20 min. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i SUCK as a fan. i never knew all those details! thanks suns.....

you did not know this, sen? what the...:eek: :D
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    then that spring ed was playing gigs with hovercraft.saw them in vancouver with foo fighters and mike watt.
    just great music. ed playing drums in a blond wig. and the first ever shows of
    the foo fighters. they were brand new. just a great nite of music.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,609
    laudenum wrote:
    then that spring ed was playing gigs with hovercraft.saw them in vancouver with foo fighters and mike watt.
    just great music. ed playing drums in a blond wig. and the first ever shows of
    the foo fighters. they were brand new. just a great nite of music.

that's money,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore