New Orleans Jazz Fest - Pearl jam

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
edited December 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam performs during the second weekend of the 2010 New Orleans Jazz Fest.The New Orleans Jazz Fest today announced Pearl Jam, Aretha Franklin, Jeff Beck, Anita Baker, My Morning Jacket, Lionel Richie, the Allman Brothers Band, the Gipsy Kings, Widespread Panic, Drake and Van Morrison are bound for the 41st annual festival presented by Shell.

They'll join hundreds of homegrown Louisiana jazz, gospel, Cajun and zydeco, funk, blues and rock musicians, and scores of Mardi Gras Indians and social aid and pleasure clubs, at the Fair Grounds April 23-25 and April 29-May 2, 2010.

http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/ ... /post.html
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pearl Jam performs during the second weekend of the 2010 New Orleans Jazz Fest.The New Orleans Jazz Fest today announced Pearl Jam, Aretha Franklin, Jeff Beck, Anita Baker, My Morning Jacket, Lionel Richie, the Allman Brothers Band, the Gipsy Kings, Widespread Panic, Drake and Van Morrison are bound for the 41st annual festival presented by Shell.

They'll join hundreds of homegrown Louisiana jazz, gospel, Cajun and zydeco, funk, blues and rock musicians, and scores of Mardi Gras Indians and social aid and pleasure clubs, at the Fair Grounds April 23-25 and April 29-May 2, 2010.

http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/ ... /post.html

Pearl Jam, Jeff Beck, Widespread Panic, and Van Morrison are on the second weekend...

I love that town... so much spirit! ;)
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • OK, I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you see the line-up?!

Gotta make it happen!!!

Happy 2010!
  • TDunkTDunk Posts: 11
    What day will PJ play? I'd assume the final day (Sunday).
  • TDunk wrote:
    What day will PJ play? I'd assume the final day (Sunday).

Actually, the Neville Brothers have closed Jazz Fest for years, so PJ won't close the festival on Sunday. Hppefully, they'll be the final act on Friday or Saturday. So excited!
  • Pearl Jam will most likely play either Friday or Saturday of that 2nd weekend. The Neville Brothers always close the show and it is unlikely they would put those two up against each other. This will be my 8th Jazz Fest, and 6th straight. Love everything about it and now I get to see my favorite band there. Can't wait.
  • After those 4 shows in Philadelphia, ONLY partying with my Pearl Jam friends in New Orleans with THIS incredible lineup could top it!!! See you there in 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • From the Jazz Fest Website:

Pearl Jam initially intended to launch a North American tour at Jazz Fest, Davis said. When the band scrapped plans for the tour, the Jazz Fest date also seemed doomed. However, Pearl Jam's representatives called back to say the band still wanted to play the festival. So far, Jazz Fest is Pearl Jam's only announced American festival date for 2010.

I'm very curious as to when Pearl Jam "scrapped plans for the tour". Is this a recent decision?
  • CristianB wrote:
    From the Jazz Fest Website:

Pearl Jam initially intended to launch a North American tour at Jazz Fest, Davis said. When the band scrapped plans for the tour, the Jazz Fest date also seemed doomed. However, Pearl Jam's representatives called back to say the band still wanted to play the festival. So far, Jazz Fest is Pearl Jam's only announced American festival date for 2010.

I'm very curious as to when Pearl Jam "scrapped plans for the tour". Is this a recent decision?

Where did you find this?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC