Options

Best live version of Come Back?

thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Melbourne I think is #1 followed by San Diego, what do you guys think? I based it mostly off the solo towards the end- I don't know how to play the guitar but it must be difficult because Mike makes mistakes on it alot (Washington DC, Detroit somewhat).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    only 22 to choose from, im not sure, i havent heard that many....

what is the mistake from DC?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    what is the mistake from DC?

I don't know because again I can't play, but when he starts the solo it sounds like the guitar is out of tune or something, but I have listened to several versions and the versions where it is either a mistake or our of tune out number the ones where it is flawless
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    everytime they play that song,it seems that mike its going to mess up the solo...same as you, i dont play guitar, but that solo must have some very difficult technical aspect......i guess that even the IIC version sounds a little rough...
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    San Diego and Torino
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    I just listened to the Washington DC version and if you listen to it there is a obvious mistake where Mike's guitar sounds like it let out a giant fart
  • Options
    Big ManBig Man Posts: 97
    It is funny how on this forum, no matter what topic, you Americans almost always focus on American Tours. Never able to think outside your box, unlike the band, for example. American shows are lame. Everybody knows it. Dont you like, ...sit or something?
    But thanks for the band. And Hollywood. Oh and Jazz and Comics, of course. and Bruce. Yeah ok, USA is not soo lame after all, but please, the best versions of ComeBack were played in Europe in 2006. The whole Tour was awesome. Australia was even better. Sometimes i get the impression that Americans do not even bother to listen to those boots. (Live Trax 10, DMB, anyone?)
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    I like Chicago Night 1. I think it sounds great.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Big Man wrote:
    It is funny how on this forum, no matter what topic, you Americans almost always focus on American Tours. Never able to think outside your box, unlike the band, for example. American shows are lame. Everybody knows it. Dont you like, ...sit or something?
    But thanks for the band. And Hollywood. Oh and Jazz and Comics, of course. and Bruce. Yeah ok, USA is not soo lame after all, but please, the best versions of ComeBack were played in Europe in 2006. The whole Tour was awesome. Australia was even better. Sometimes i get the impression that Americans do not even bother to listen to those boots. (Live Trax 10, DMB, anyone?)
    what the fuck are you talking about
  • Options
    Big Man wrote:

right so in my original post did you think I was referring to that memorable show in Melbourne Florida in 2006?

and I have listened to just about every bootleg on the 2006 World Tour and only two European shows make my top 10- Marseilles and Milan. The Euro show lack interaction for the most part and are pretty much just a band being a jukebox because they can't speak the language of the native crowd. From setlists to actual performances the Euro shows and especially the Aussie shows don't even come close to ranking in with the good US shows (San Diego, Boston 2, Albany, Cleveland)

I really have no clue what you are talking about other than trying to bash our country-- but why would you thank us for Hollywood? Hollywood is everything that is wrong with this world
  • Options
    Big Man wrote:
    American shows are lame.

yeah right, big man on campus, :rolleyes:
    whenever there is a discussion about greatest PJ show of all time, rarely Euro shows are brought into that discussion. There is a reason for that.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    whenever there is a discussion about greatest PJ show of all time, rarely Euro shows are brought into that discussion. There is a reason for that.

The only entertainment value that Euro shows hold over US shows is Ed reading off a paper "thank you, we really thank you" (or something along those lines) in their native language. Seriously, there is no interaction at all. If Ed went out and did a speech like he did in San Diego the Euros would have no clue what was going on. That is what makes a show good- it's what makes them different than the night before and for the most part all the Euro shows are the same night in and night out
  • Options
    argentina fans are a whole different story however. hard to the core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2E3uZ-Qe4M

awesome
  • Options
    AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    If you like the san diego version, check out my youtube video from that concert. I was 8th row right in front of Mike. Hope you like it.
    youtube.com/watch?v=LcYeg3IML6I
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    The only entertainment value that Euro shows hold over US shows is Ed reading off a paper "thank you, we really thank you" (or something along those lines) in their native language. Seriously, there is no interaction at all. If Ed went out and did a speech like he did in San Diego the Euros would have no clue what was going on. That is what makes a show good- it's what makes them different than the night before and for the most part all the Euro shows are the same night in and night out

You are so ignorant. Firstly, as you can see, I speak English, so do all Europeans cuz we learn at least one second language in school over here. The fact that Eddie often says some things in the native language is for politeness and (even more) connecting reasons. Plus maybe he likes to learn other languages... And secondly, being at a rock concert, the best way to interract is through the music. If it was for the spoken language, that would mean, all the shows where he did not speak about something important were lame. Is this what you mean?
    Yeah of, course, I'm just teasing, I love the USA. But, seriously, most Americans are not very interested in what happens in the world. This is scientific data, and it shows... on this forum, too...

Oh, Melbourne is in Australia? ;-)
  • Options

Yeah, thats what Im talking about. The reason is Americans don't like the best shows to be outside the US. But they were, my friends, and you should be cool with that, like, say, Radiohead fans have no Problems with that.
    "whenever there is a discussion [...], rarely Euro shows are brought up"
    Hello? the discussion on American forums... like this one. That was the point of my post. Go to the Italien or Australien sites, you see completely different lists there, and that does not mean that they only include shows from that peticular country. There were amazing shows in the States, of course. But also in other countries, and that is what most Americans are not interested in, thats all I'm saying. Pearl Jam themselves said some of the best concerts were outside the US (south America, Italy, Hamburg, Kathovice...). It's cool, why not? hurt some patriotic feelings? you so weak? get over yourselves.
  • Options
    Big Man wrote:
    Yeah, thats what Im talking about.There were amazing shows in the States, of course. It's cool, why not? hurt some patriotic feelings? you so weak? get over yourselves.

im from canada buddy. you back peddled on your statement and said there were good shows in the US instead of the all encompassing "American Shows Are Lame" statement.
    that statement was silly, thus i called you on it. enjoy your tour in 08 in the UK! :cool:
  • Options
    im from canada buddy. you back peddled on your statement and said there were good shows in the US instead of the all encompassing "American Shows Are Lame" statement.
    that statement was silly, thus i called you on it. enjoy your tour in 08 in the UK! :cool:

yeah I know, I was just teasing... Really, Are they coming to Europe? Cool. ;-)
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Melbourne, Australia 13-11-06

my first show... :o so overwhelming...
    wah
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    San Diego 2006
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    The Berlin '06 version is special.
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit