Options

I Been Wounded...

spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I been wounded
I been healed
Now for landing I been
Landing I been cleared

Man, that is one killer lyric ... can't get it (and a few others from ITW) out of my head...
I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SmileSmile Posts: 25
    I concur! That is one of my favs of all time. So clever and so full of subtext. And don't you find it very uplifting and inspirational? I mean, it really speaks to how much all of us have struggled at times in our lives, but yet we can still have hope for peace.

Smile
  • Options
    Absolutely!! That's exactly how it makes me feel...something about that image of "being cleared to land..."

I so love this album...NO CEILING ... FAR BEHIND ...GUARANTEED... SOCIETY...
    wow..some of Eddie's best work!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    well, society is technically not eddie's but...
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    SmileSmile Posts: 25
    spearhead wrote:
    Absolutely!! That's exactly how it makes me feel...something about that image of "being cleared to land..."

I so love this album...NO CEILING ... FAR BEHIND ...GUARANTEED... SOCIETY...
    wow..some of Eddie's best work!

I, too, love this album! And in thinking about the lyrics you listed, it occurred to me that "Long Nights" contains a similar theme of "landing":
    Let me feel I'm falling
    I am falling safely to the ground.

And if you don't mind sharing your thoughts/opinions, I'm curious as to what you "hear" during this part of Long Nights:
    I'll take this soul/hope that's inside me now
    Like a brand new friend
    I'll forever know...

Do you hear Ed sing, "soul" or "hope"? I realize that Ed would tell us to hear/interpret whatever we would prefer, but it's fun and interesting to share with other fans.

Peace,
    Smile
  • Options
    After just listening to this song again I'd have to say I hear the word 'soul'

...and it fits better in the lyric I think, because I think McCandless did finally find his soul, he just didn't live long enough to really enjoy it though.

• Options
    i put this album on the other night after alot of drinking... you know the part of the night where there are only a handful of people left at the party just chattin and cleaning shit up and what not... and it fit just soooo perfectly... so nice to unwind after i was able to intercept control of the ipod and turn off the gangsta rap :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/